Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Do you have to be really slim to wear those harem pants?
    I live in jeans (and I'm stuck to 2/3 pairs!) or dresses and tights.
    What else can I wear?
    Skirts don't suit me
    I don't like things much above the knee. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Def not purplecow im a 14 and they look really nice.I thought they wouldnt be nice but i was really surprised and im honestly sick of wearing the same things all the time so these are great. I love all the skirts and dresses out atm but cant wear them unless I can wear black tights with them.

this thread has def encouraged me to try different things and get out of the stripy top and jeans rut im in. :)

viv, you might inspire me also!
    Doesn't help that I thought last June that THIS June would be oh-so-different but alas, here I am again, still the same overweight self! Love looking at all of these purchases though and regularly keep tabs :-) Might try a pair of those on, and see how it goes. I need things that block out my middle!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Crumpets wrote: »
    Just ordered this online off Miss Selfridge. £14 with my 30% discount. Couldn't resist :)

I wore my bunny jumper today for the first time and spilled half a glass of cider on it .... :( it's still very pretty though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

viv2 wrote: »
    Def not purplecow im a 14 and they look really nice.I thought they wouldnt be nice but i was really surprised and im honestly sick of wearing the same things all the time so these are great. I love all the skirts and dresses out atm but cant wear them unless I can wear black tights with them.

this thread has def encouraged me to try different things and get out of the stripy top and jeans rut im in. :)

Viv go you know if they're in store or would you have to order from catalogue. I'd need to try on first I think

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    Viv go you know if they're in store or would you have to order from catalogue. I'd need to try on first I think

I got them instore as I find the sizes in next inconsistent. I have a pair of trs in a 14 that need a belt to stay up and a pair of jeans in a 12 that I cant get into anymore so have to try everything on. They have the 15 off 30 promo on again so you could try on in the shop and order at home. Ask at the tills for the codes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

viv2 wrote: »
    I got them instore as I find the sizes in next inconsistent. I have a pair of trs in a 14 that need a belt to stay up and a pair of jeans in a 12 that I cant get into anymore so have to try everything on. They have the 15 off 30 promo on again so you could try on in the shop and order at home. Ask at the tills for the codes ;)

Thanks! Re the promo codes, do you need a new email address each time?

yellow hen wrote: »
    Thanks! Re the promo codes, do you need a new email address each time?

Yes it has to be a new account everytime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Took a chance on these because they were a fraction of original price. Will return if they're not suitable :P

See By Chloe Detailed Velvet Pumps

nsxzfb-i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Spent the last of a Christmas voucher in Dundrum this weekend: Breton tops €12.95 and skinny jeans €29.95, both from Zara. Plain black blazer in H&M that I can't find a link for. And a new bikini from Dunnes, 20% off online so only €12.

0264219066_1_1_1.jpg?timestamp=1386937232272

6164063407_1_1_1.jpg?timestamp=1391794906263

1780639_black-print_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I got my exam results this week and surprisingly did really well, and I'm turning 21 in a few days, as good excuses as any to buy a shedload of stuff!:P

From New Look:

310807113?$zoomPopup$&hei=394&wid=979

308451801?$zoomPopup$&hei=394&wid=979

301785001?$zoomPopup$&hei=394&wid=979

310822719?$zoomPopup$&hei=394&wid=979
    Been wanting a kimono for ages! :)

From Forever 21:

eWD2WXtbkeuaobHqdSM4WmTqdHPcUZZOByra8wMjXgqxc-aMe-OLY3Zmpez84Myin_g6wefHuOLtlFkRFQ5nHqoUSSB9P29qfBii=s0-d-e1-ft#http://www.forever21.com/images/small/00107189-02.jpg

00069792-01.jpg

From Bershka:

1902666712_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1396965007737

0201092428_2_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1394740980675

OK, should probably stop before my Mam disowns me. :P

Another purchase by me!!! :o:o:o:o:o .......Ugh, really need to curtail my spending.
    Doesn't help that when I walked into Zara today, I wanted everything :(

Yellow Blazer with gathered shoulders (from Zara)
    2255231300_6_1_1.jpg?timestamp=1390481477187
    2255231300_1_1_1.jpg?timestamp=1390481481033

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

My blazer arrived today! Its alot more neon than I expected but I really like it and its a beautiful fit!

gg2 wrote: »
    My blazer arrived today! Its alot more neon than I expected but I really like it and its a beautiful fit!

Mine also arrived. I love the colours but not sure if I like the fit on me! :/ Will decide tomorrow when I've had a proper look.

Had also ordered 4 'sun/summer' dresses from Dorothy Perkins and there's none I'm mad about. The one I thought would suit my figure looks awful! Again, will decide tomorrow with the other 3.

Sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Next - €19
    895-046-X53s.jpg

Next Jumper - €41 (it's got a cute bow detail at the back that's not visible here)
    659-049-X53s.jpg

Dunnes - €20
    8957763_print.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Another purchase by me!!! :o:o:o:o:o .......Ugh, really need to curtail my spending.
    Doesn't help that when I walked into Zara today, I wanted everything :(

Yellow Blazer with gathered shoulders (from Zara)

I tried that blazer on a couple of months ago and fell in love with the colour. I would have bought it but I didn't like the shoulders. I've been searching for one without the shoulder padding in it since then but have had no luck.

Such a gorgeous colour for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Small Teapot I have serious jacket envy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Mint ankle jeans from Next

661-885-G39s.jpg

I wanted a pair of white jeans, but any I find are usually see through, so I found these and they are perfect, and not see through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Most of my purchases have been from ebay lately so not going to put them all up but I did get a coat I had wanted for ages so I'm delighted with that even though I won't get to wear it for a while.

It was this Lana Del Rey coat for H&M

lana-del-rey-for-hm-wool-coat.jpg

From Amazon I bought

This tshirt from esprit

71YKcTnmDOL._SX466_.jpg

and these 'treggings' also from esprit
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZlwRzbBE3Xgi21OA_-8JKH89d8b30d8MGK6mz4Q1HiNyPCdh9

This Calvin Klein top from the German Amazon which was reduced to €25 in my size.

41TVczqgyBL._SX342_.jpg

Took a chance on these because they were a fraction of original price. Will return if they're not suitable :P

See By Chloe Detailed Velvet Pumps

The See by Chloe shoes arrived today and they are gorgeous! They're a lovely peachy colour in real life and come wth their own dustbag. I must say I'm v V happy with my purchase. I bought them in sterling so all tolled they worked out at 18% of the original price :eek: #FashionEconomics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

The See by Chloe shoes arrived today and they are gorgeous! They're a lovely peachy colour in real life and come wth their own dustbag. I must say I'm v V happy with my purchase. I bought them in sterling so all tolled they worked out at 18% of the original price :eek: #FashionEconomics

How did you manage to pay in sterling? It always just automatically charges me in euro

Dorothy Perkins, €20
    12269260_thumb.jpg

Dorothy Perkins €20
    79231319_thumb.jpg

gg2 wrote: »
    How did you manage to pay in sterling? It always just automatically charges me in euro

It comes up in euro for me also, but I change to pound sterling (there's a tab to do so in the right hand corner of the screen) while looking at the product..... and then just pay with my credit card. Saves a few euro :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I got this jumper in Dorothy Perkins today, reduced to €9 :) At least it will do me for next autumn/winter, although it was a bit like winter again this eve! I might just get a wear or two out of it yet!

55126001_4_large.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I had a small TK Maxx raid last weekend.

Found these amazing Ravel shoes for €35.
    1358513735-75913800.jpg

This Max C dress for €23 (though the picture doesn't do it justice at all. It's a lot more colourful irl)
    15024032_large.jpg

And also a lovely red Mela Loves London dress in a 20s kind of style with a crochet overlay over the top half for €20. Can't find a picture anywhere unfortunately though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Excuse the sizes of the pictures. Is there any way of resizing them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Bought this off ASOS the other night. 21 euro.

image1xl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

A have about 3 dressy events coming up this month so I got this to cover two of them. Little Mistress
    1384250079-24477100.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

topshop-white-moto-tile-print-leigh-jeans-product-1-18523874-0-357826100-normal_large_flex.jpeg
    Oh Topshop, you and your 20% discount code :(:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement