Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Dilly.

NOTA%20CAMEL_0.JPG
    Ankle length version of these from DV8

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

1239646_10151659130457654_709911825_n.jpg

I picked this Fox print Jumper in Awear 40 euros it's not available online yet only in store!
    I picked this up myself. waited ages for it to appear in stores after seeing it in the Sunday world magazine! Really cute and looks good on. Good idea to wear a top underneath.

My niece spent a good hour talking to the fox on my jumper when she saw me last! No interest in me! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Got this hat from Miss Selfridge, they have free shipping at the moment plus student discount is 20% for a limited time aswell.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDeBZwPz6cZuArMVDUHssCG2iPydc-PhBwVN3u-IIaufZtwPlEA9U6vmpp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Bought this on Sunday and it arrived today after eyeing it up for a few weeks, on sale for 9 euro (12ish with delivery) :D

10503918361_01.jpg

http://www.awear.com/ie/en-IE/169-3944/Solid-Snood-for-sale-in-Scarves

It's huge, snuggly and the softest scarf I now own. They have it in a few colours too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I finally got myself a coat! I was lusting after this for ages but first it was too expensive and then when it did get marked down my size was out of stock. It finally came back in though and I had a 20% off code so I got it for €48.95 including shipping!

image1xl.jpg
    €48.95 including discount and shipping from AWear

I also got these shoes from ASOS recently. I have devoloped a love for faces on shoes! I had the owl shoes before but one of the heels tore off and it was cheaper to just buy a new pair.

image2xl.jpg
    €21.56 from ASOS

image3xl.jpg
    €23.42 including student discount from ASOS

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Loooove my new boots :D I think they'll be good with jeans/leggings as well as dresses.

Bertie from Arnotts

000618408alt2?$prod_main$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭WhirlEsme

Wine/burgundy 'Ramones' t-shirt from Pennys (can't find exact image, but looks like this) pointed+boots,+zara,+inditex,+ramones,+primark,+shirt,+burgundy,+london,+uk.jpg

Also, (purely coincidental!) burgundy cons http://ie.schuh.co.uk/burgundy-converse-all-star-oxford/1902723270/

1902723270_main.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Don't post in here at all but I do lurk. I got this coat today and am very pleased. :)

275544.jpg

275545.jpg

http://shop.mango.com/AD/p1/mango/prendas/abrigo-estilo-militar/?id=11045541_N1&n=1&s=prendas.abrigos&ie=0&m=&ts=1377663653881

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I got these really cute gloves in AWear, reduced to €6 in Tralee store. There is a hat to match, but I don't tend to really wear hats.

they are available online too http://www.awear.com/ie/en-IE/11-3939/Leopard-Gloves-for-sale-in-Accessories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Ordered these from COS 0175566002_14_0.jpg
    0180051002_14_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭WhirlEsme

Got 2 pairs of gloves in TK Maxx, current season, for fantastic prices! Happy days :)

michael-michael-kors-macys-gloves-gloves-leather-astor-studded.jpg

Michael Kors Leather gloves - 35 euro in TK Maxx, currently over 90 quid in Macys' (Link: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/michael-michael-kors-gloves-leather-astor-studded?ID=1051430&CategoryID=58063#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D58%26ruleId%3D52%26slotId%3D20)

025010136360?$V7PdpLarge$

Dents Leopard Print Suede Gloves - 35 euro in TK Maxx, currently 109 euro in Debenhams (Link: http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_025010136360_-1)

Bargains all round! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Love love LOVE that coat XxMCRxBabyxX

None available on the awear site in my size but Asos have it for 100e.

OOOOOHHHH do I want to spend that much :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'd try look around stores for it first. I think they might have it for €75 or possibly less if they have the 20% offer too.

It's amazing btw. Had arrived by the next day and is just so lovely in every way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 326 ✭✭Savoir.Faire

Picked up this shirt when I was over in London. From Blaqua.

IMG_4773_copia_grande.jpg?230

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Henry St branch has them so other branches might have them too, I bought one today. It was €56.25 :)

I got a tank top with this print in Ibiza two weeks ago, t'was €14!

il_570xN.483721356_hmhz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Have one on hold for me.

Yay!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

This as a possible interview outfit. The interviews I hope to get will be for accountancy firms. I hate trouser suits and blouses, and I think it's very important to feel comfortable in your interview outfit, body language and all that. Not too sure about the back though. I'd wear it with black tights and black leather pointy stillettos from my 2004 collection. ;) Oh, and it'd be a lot longer on me than on the model as she has a good 4 inches on me. :)

Opinions welcome and much appreciated! :) I'll send it back if not suitable, but I do think it's lovely. Only other potential problem with it is that it has some wool content. Clothes containing wool SOMETIMES make me itch, not always though which is weird. :confused:

2s6amc8.jpg

xav093.jpg

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2885526

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

@apriloneill, I really really like it.. In fact I might get it too. For an interview I might put a crisp white shirt underneath.. (Shorter sleeves so they don't show though). Really nice purchase.

yellow hen wrote: »
    @apriloneill, I really really like it.. In fact I might get it too. For an interview I might put a crisp white shirt underneath.. (Shorter sleeves so they don't show though). Really nice purchase.

That's a really good idea, it'd make it a bit smarter, and I wouldn't have to break the bank either, I'm sure I'd find something in Zara or Next. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable in a blouse in that context, it more just the gapey stretching over the boobs thing I hate.

I have a winter wedding to attend where it also might get an outing! I'd jazz it up a bit for that, of course. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

This as a possible interview outfit. The interviews I hope to get will be for accountancy firms. I hate trouser suits and blouses, and I think it's very important to feel comfortable in your interview outfit, body language and all that. Not too sure about the back though. I'd wear it with black tights and black leather pointy stillettos from my 2004 collection. ;) Oh, and it'd be a lot longer on me than on the model as she has a good 4 inches on me. :)

Opinions welcome and much appreciated! :) I'll send it back if not suitable, but I do think it's lovely. Only other potential problem with it is that it has some wool content. Clothes containing wool SOMETIMES make me itch, not always though which is weird. :confused:

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2885526

Hmmm not sure I'd wear that to a formal interview! A suit and/or shirt or something more structured at least always comes across more professionally IMO. You might get away with it if a good but longer in length and consider teaming with suit jacket. I'd opt for the suit though and keep this for office wear when you get the job

Hmmm not sure I'd wear that to a formal interview! A suit and/or shirt or something more structured at least always comes across more professionally IMO. You might get away with it if a good but longer in length and consider teaming with suit jacket. I'd opt for the suit though and keep this for office wear when you get the job

I dunno, isn't the whole "You must wear a suit" thing a bit outdated?

And, to be frank, I can't afford it! But, I might need to find a way to afford it. :)

I think it needs a jacket. Suits definitely are not outdated, but it depends on the industry. Not sure about accounting, but I would have thought that would be a very professional environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I agree suits aren't outdated but it us more acceptable to wear clothing other than a suit. To me, neat hair, good makeup and a clean cut image more than compensates for the suit. In my last few interviews, I've worn a dress with a crisp with shirt and hair swept bsck up.

Twee. wrote: »
    I think it needs a jacket. Suits definitely are not outdated, but it depends on the industry. Not sure about accounting, but I would have thought that would be a very professional environment.

I miswrote that, I've edited. I meant that I thought the idea that you could *only* wear a suit might be outdated. A jacket would do the trick, I think! I really hate trouser suits and blouses. And would just be really uncomfortable, which isn't good in an interview setting when you're trying to come across relaxed. :)

And the dress wouldn't be that short on me! It'd be on the knee.

yellow hen wrote: »
    I agree suits aren't outdated but it us more acceptable to wear clothing other than a suit. To me, neat hair, good makeup and a clean cut image more than compensates for the suit. In my last few interviews, I've worn a dress with a crisp with shirt and hair swept bsck up.

Yeah, I'd rather a nice dress to a cheapo suit. I might be able to snag a nice jacket on sale somewhere though! :)

I have a lovely jacket from Zara that I've worn with dresses and trousers for interviews. It's sort of a peplum shape with a mandarin collar, so not your standard blazer type.

Twee. wrote: »
    I have a lovely jacket from Zara that I've worn with dresses and trousers for interviews. It's sort of a peplum shape with a mandarin collar, so not your standard blazer type.

Yeah, something like that would be perf. And probably not too expensive either.

Maybe I should wait and see if I get some damn interviews first. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

A suit will never be outdated albeit certain styles may change (bootleg v flare lol). But as someone said it is more acceptable to alter the traditional skirt/trouser and shirt combo..blouse or structured suit dress For an accountancy interview though you really want to come across as professional as possible.

• Advertisement

For an accountancy interview though you really want to come across as professional as possible.

I realise that. My point is that you don't necessarily need a suit to do that, esp if the suit is a cheapo one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement