Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

11000986_Cobalt_search.jpg

Awear €35 very flattering on :D

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=51564941

On sale in warehouse €39

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

7021938865_27af34d05c_z.jpg

Got this in a vintage shop in Belgium last week for €4. Thing is, I am far from having a flat stomach and don't know how to wear it because I have a belly. Conflicted because I love it! (I'm selling the trousers I'm wearing it with here, so not going to be wearing it with these).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Off to London this weekend and got myself 2 really cute dresses in Dunnes today.No idea what the weather is going to be like so if its chilly i got dark navy leggings to wear under both just in case. €57 for the both :D Looooove the bird print on the first one....

df847627490b41f687b6be8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Got this in a vintage shop in Belgium last week for €4. Thing is, I am far from having a flat stomach and don't know how to wear it because I have a belly. Conflicted because I love it! (I'm selling the trousers I'm wearing it with here, so not going to be wearing it with these).

you can get vests in Penneys that kind of flatten your stomach out a bit (in the underwear section). Not really the most comfortable to wear though and sweaty as well. For what its worth I think your stomach looks tiny!:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I really think a top like that is designed to be worn by an extremely slim woman with low cut jeans. I don't think it looks good with trousers rising up to meet it. It's a crop top. You could possibly wear a long top inside it if you don't want belly on show, but I definitely wouldn't pull up your trousers to meet it.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    I really think a top like that is designed to be worn by an extremely slim woman with low cut jeans. I don't think it looks good with trousers rising up to meet it. It's a crop top. You could possibly wear a long top inside it if you don't want belly on show, but I definitely wouldn't pull up your trousers to meet it.

Mmm, I favour the 70s look so I like them worn with high waisted jeans. I think I'll wear it with a skirt.

I don't really agree that only "extremely slim" women should be the only ones permitted to wear crop tops.

Actually your comment has really upset me and I found it very triggering so I am deleting my original post.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Mmm, I favour the 70s look so I like them worn with high waisted jeans. I think I'll wear it with a skirt.

I don't really agree that only "extremely slim" women should be the only ones permitted to wear crop tops.

I thought high waisted jeans when I saw the top. If it's long enough to be tucked in or to skim the top of the jeans I think it would be a cute look. And big sunnies of course!

Flare+Street+Style.jpg

Twee. wrote: »
    I thought high waisted jeans when I saw the top. If it's long enough to be tucked in or to skim the top of the jeans I think it would be a cute look. And big sunnies of course!

Thanks, this is was I was thinking too, or a high waisted skirt. :cool:

Its not to everyone's taste but I resent being told because I don't have a certain body type I can't wear it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Actually your comment has really upset me and I found it very triggering so I am deleting my original post.

My apologies, I didn't mean anything personal towards you. You have a lovely figure, but you seemed unsure about wearing the top. I never said you couldn't wear it, I just made suggestions that I thought it would look well with a long top inside it to lengthen your upper body. Perhaps loose jeans like the picture Twee posted would look well, and a skirt would probably be lovely.

I certainly never said you couldn't wear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 BordsMagoo

Faith wrote: »

I agree with this, a long top underneath could look ok though. I wouldn't go for high waisted anything with it personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

rgwfo8.jpg
    Skirt next - having a hard time matching this with stuff though. €13.
    k1orjr.jpg
    Skirt Next - mine is burgundy though where this one is beige. €13
    33xzigj.jpg
    River Island - €12 I think
    3a0y8.jpg
    River Island €14
    zl3cbd.jpg
    River Island €24
    34smgj6.jpg
    River Island €18
    vgqul2.jpg
    River Island €12
    zxqh6c.jpg
    Miss Selfridge €45
    Also got another top in RI and a Chelsea Girl tunic dress which I can't find pics online for.

Now just need to decide what to return - I'm thinking the Miss Selfridge dress as you can't really wear a bra with it.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Dorothy Perkins is having a great online sale at the moment. Picked up these three dresses for just over €60 including postage.

Had my eye on this one for a while and when I saw the price reduction I knew I had to buy it! Looking forward to wearing it out on a nice dinner date or to a family occasion.

1-7.jpg

Then got the same shift dress in two colours, blue and black. I think shift dresses are incredibly comfortable and easy to wear, and can easily be dressed down for work for dressed up for the evening.

2-4.jpg

3-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Perhaps not the best quality but at €30 including delivery for both it's well worth a shot. From the www.shoerack.ie website (they're having a sale at the moment).

<IMAGES SNIPPED>

And they've just arrived via registered post this morning. That was pretty quick and cheap at just €5 post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Couple of bits in the river Island Sale.

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/men/sale/shoes--boots/burgundy-boat-shoes--260427
    €24, sound for knockin around in the fine weather.!

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/men/t-shirts--vests/plain-t-shirts/bright-blue-t-shirt--260400
    Two for €15 - Opted for bright blue & navy washed. They are a lovely relaxed fit. Very comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I just found a Free People jacket in a charity shop for a fiver in my size. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Kurt Geiger.

2676300799.jpg

Good solid interview shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Got this in RI today but in cream, I actually wanted this one but they didn't have my size!

614539_main?$hero$

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Can't find photos of them online but got a lovely summery dress with cherries on it for $15 and a red and white striped hoodie for $24 both in H&M

Oasis dress for a wedding
    3470084361.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ronni Nicole dress, 3/4 length sleeves with retro print. Somehow it feels very Pucci or Versace. Reduced to $42.30

Belk?layer=0&src=1500172_59951_A_430_T10L00&layer=comp&$P_PROD$

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

From H & M. It goes to just above my knee, and looks lovely with a belt!

large]

From Penneys. Not my style at all, no idea why I'm drawn to it!

543416_337031906345534_171392586242801_819647_1195795367_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I love that Penny's dress Jenizzle, they put it up on their facebook page a few days ago and I've been looking for it since!

My latest purchases:

05Q08BMDT_normal.jpg

Topshop, €46.

5330006109.jpg
    Oasis, down from €50 to €25! :)

Could anyone recommend what I should wear with the shirt? I really like it but I haven't any trousers/shorts to match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Dudara, where did you buy the Ronni Nicole dress? It's bloody gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm in the US for work, so I got it in a department store called Belk.

Shoes to match the dress I posted ^^

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=50354856

Bertie at Arnotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

9697-9697-t.jpg

Just got this today for a wedding in Hungary in the summer. Hopefully will be good quality when it arrives was only €20 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Accidentally bought two pairs of these jeans but am going to dye one pair green so that they come out a turquoisey colour. :) Even with spending about a tenner on dye, it's still great value for two pairs of Topshop jeans. (around 60 euro for the two inc. dye) :)

opw9dj.jpg

Also bought two pairs of shoes in Schuh last week. The top ones are for my upcoming holiday in Spain, the second are for work and also Spain. Usually find Converse runners uncomfortably flat but these ones actually have a bit of support. :)

1319215370_main.jpg

1900197770_main.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

First post in this thread, just picked this up today in Dorothy Perkins:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=49550701

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My fiancé bought this for me for my hen. I got it in Dingle but it's Darling so it's available wherever Darling is stocked. I can't find a bigger picture than that. The neck has loads of beads on it.

drd118-tn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭_ariadne

got this yesterday

103020615860?$ProdLarge$

in the pic its styled very casual, but i'm going to dress it up and going to wear it to a wedding in the summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement