Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I bought my back up Halloween costume today in town for 18 quid it's Little Red Riding Hood. I'm surprised at how well it fit I was expecting it to be all baggy but was really happy with it :D

red-hot-riding-hood-costume-sf0015--399-p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

New specs from zennioptical.com

o60byu.jpg
    2z3q7n8.jpg
    Theyre both pretty similar but couldnt see any others I liked. They cost $8 and $9.95.

I got these lovelies yesterday in The Shoe Zone for 29.99 and I LOVE them so much extremely comfy.
    18239_1.jpg
    18239_6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Shopped the shlt out of the Asos sale!

image1l.jpg

image1l.jpg (this in black)

image1l.jpg ...and this one in nude, for an awards ceremony I was attending on Saturday night. Disastrously, it did not fit -- it went on and zipped up and looked good but was soooo tight I was scared to rip it if I sat down!

So Saturday consisted of a mad dash out shopping and I ended up getting this in Evans:

17T08HGRN_thumb.jpg

BUT due to last-minute shopping hell, they didn't have it in my size so I went a size bigger and therefore had to belt it, like so:

cuteasiangirl.jpg?t=1287436680

That's my boyfriend being unimpressed at me in the background. Glad with what I ended up wearing, it was really comfy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Sapsorrow wrote: »

Picked up my new bike today, it's the ultimate accessory! Still waiting for my torpedo light to arrive though and I want to put some plastic sunflowers through the wicker of the basket too, just for that extra crazy hippy effect! :pac:

Don't forget to order a dress guard. I ruined an overcoat on the wheel of a bicycle. :(

image012.jpg

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

OldGoat wrote: »
    Don't forget to order a dress guard. I ruined an overcoat on the wheel of a bicycle. :(

image012.jpg

:eek::eek::eek: I want that one! That is adorable :o Thanks for the tip, I didn't even know such a thing existed, I'll look into ordering one for sure can't be wrecking my precious dresses! On the topic, does anyone know if such a thing as a safe and not completely awful looking helmet exists? I mean if I have to I'll wear an ugly one but surely someone's invented an ok looking one by now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

You might find something on this site, it's worth a look anyway :)
    http://chiccyclist.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

How about a Yakkay?

This one in particular:

tokyo_new_jazz.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

On the topic, does anyone know if such a thing as a safe and not completely awful looking helmet exists? I mean if I have to I'll wear an ugly one but surely someone's invented an ok looking one by now?

This website is great for all things bike related - and she is lovely to deal with too. Next you'll be looking for nice panniers. :)

I ordered a Bern helmet of her & it was too big, and exchanged it for me no problem even though it was way past the 4 week return window.

http://www.cyclechic.co.uk/shop/helmets-c-22.html?page=1&sort=2a

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

On the topic, does anyone know if such a thing as a safe and not completely awful looking helmet exists? I mean if I have to I'll wear an ugly one but surely someone's invented an ok looking one by now? :confused:

How about a Bell Faction:
    http://www.bellsports.com/recreational/faction

factionwhtblueflowers.png

I got myself a plain black one a few weeks back and have since noticed several people with the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

322.jpg

In the "Nirvana" shade. Hope it's good :)

Wanted to get primer they were out but didn't know if the setting spray would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Super cute Shellyboo! Love that Evans dress, I need an excuse to buy it :p

How does the velvet dress fit? I'm tempted but I'm worried it wouldn't sit right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Vinta81 wrote: »
    322.jpg

Wanted to get primer they were out but didn't know if the setting spray would be better?

Go for the primer! I've only ever heard bad things about the setting sprays but Urban Decay's primers are fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Success at shopping! :) I've been looking for some black dresses, (because nothing makes me feel better than a nice LBD!) :) I went into H&M and hit the jackpot! ;) I'm going to Glasgow at the weekend and I wanted to get some dresses to wear my docs under!

First off I got this lovely long top, I thought it was lovely and warm on. I'm going to try and wear it as a little jumper dress! When I brought it to the till the girl looked at me and asked if I really needed it, It was from the maternity section!!! :o Still got it because it was super cute! €19.95

112bdq9.jpg

Dress again super cute! :) 12.95

fdgaon.jpg

I got this really cute jumper too. It looks bluish in the picture but it's purple. It was €6.95 in the kids section! :eek:

2ela1b4.jpg

Then I went into Bershka and picked up these beauties! :) €5.99 each the black one is for me and the pink one for my friend I just couldn't resist! :) If you look closely at it (I don't think it would be clear enough to see but it has polka dots and cats on it! :) CUTE! :P

dp8o7o.jpg

EDIT: I say "cute" about everything here...I have a problem! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I want the kitty tanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

322.jpg

My friend got the spray and heard it wasn't the best. But Urban Decay primer is amazing!!

Did you buy online? Or in shop??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Twee. wrote: »
    I want the kitty tanks!!!

I got them in Bershka in Blanch. They were available in the black, pink and white!

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    My friend got the spray and heard it wasn't the best. But Urban Decay primer is amazing!!

Did you buy online? Or in shop??

In shop in Debenhams. She tried selling me the spray but I'm desperate for a new primer that isn't too €€€ and they were all out.

In shop in Debenhams. She tried selling me the spray but I'm desperate for a new primer that isn't too €€€ and they were all out.

Have you tried gosh primer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Love the kitty tanks too, hope they have them in the Mahon Branch whenever I manage to get there.

• Advertisement

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Have you tried gosh primer?

Nope! Any good?? Where do they stock it and price? :o:D

Nope! Any good?? Where do they stock it and price? :o:D

Yeah I used to use smash box but picked this up after a recommendation, awear sell it, think I may have paid 18 euro for it (not too sure). But I have it ages!

I would also look at this website: http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/urbandecay/

I have bought some urban decay stuff off there, bit cheaper than shops.

I got these yesterday

Boots from Heatons 27.00 euro
    5096745255_b2193acaaf.jpg

Some purple Docs 15.00 in the kids section in Dunnes (thank god for my tiny feet)
    5096749411_987fb4401f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Get the loreal one! http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/cosmetics/studio-secrets/smoothing-resurfacing-primer.aspx

I bought it last week and think it's amazing. My face always gets really really shiny but after a 10 hour shift in the bar I work in Saturday night my face was still grand. And it really smoothes out your skin too. And makes make-up way easier to apply. I have used the mac one, smashbox, gosh, laura mercier...and this is definitely the best! (for me anyway!) and not crazy expensive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Some purple Docs 15.00 in the kids section in Dunnes (thank god for my tiny feet)
    5096749411_987fb4401f.jpg
    I love the doc's but I am a size 7 in shoes so have to go for the expensive adult ones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I love the doc's but I am a size 7 in shoes so have to go for the expensive adult ones :(

I'll sell you my purple ones that i can't wear due to the leather being so frickin' tough and owey! They're these in a size 7 :D

EDIT: damn, I forgot my bf was on this before me, this is actually barleybooley :O

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

banquo wrote: »
    I'll sell you my purple ones that i can't wear due to the leather being so frickin' tough and owey! They're these in a size 7 :D

EDIT: damn, I forgot my bf was on this before me, this is actually barleybooley :O

Lol barley i was just about to comment asking banquo why he owned women's docs and was he d same shoe size as me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just a reminder to all posters that this is a thread for recent purchases. Please limit discussion - if it looks like a larger conversation, please start a new thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

From Topshop.co.uk

On sale, for £7, with postage it was about £10.50
    10Z38XRST_large.jpg

I bought it on a whim so might wear it for Christmas or something, lol.

il_fullxfull179019611.jpg
    Gunne Sax skirt, $35 with postage via etsy

Enough of the spending!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Halloween costume!:D

33601.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement