Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my mid-life crisis - the toys thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

irishbird wrote:
    my ex got a 20 year blonde secretary for his middle crisis :D

That's my type of toy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭bullpost

Running costs are high though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

irishbird wrote:
    my ex got a 20 year blonde secretary for his middle crisis :D
    I got one of those too but my wife made me bring it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

00112984 wrote:
    Boats are for pansies. Real men walk through water. Like the Terminator. :D

I'm pretty happy to take a week out of my life to sail up the river Shannon in a pirate suit getting drunk and hurling abuse at passers by. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

scojones wrote:
    I'm pretty happy to take a week out of my life to sail up the river Shannon in a pirate suit getting drunk and hurling abuse at passers by. :)

I assume that will happen on September 19th?

Arr, matey! :D

I'm afraid my mid-life crisis makes me hark for my childhood so I bought one of these!
    I do have an emulator and play all my favourites with that but there's nothing like the feel of a joystick* in your hand!

*Ooooohhhh Matron! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I think I missed out on my mid-life crisis.
    Nobody I know is a 100 so it must have passed me by, along with just about everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

i'm only 24 and i'm kinda having mine now with the amount of beer i drink and my "healthy diet" i'll be lucky to make 30 but some recent purchases have included

Petrol radio controlled car
    Radio controlled boat
    Radio controled harley its fcuking huge and fast

A new pc off dell should be here wednesday !!!
    A Blackberry Pearl

I'm very tempted to buy a convertible car also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Bazzy wrote:
    i'm only 24 and i'm kinda having mine now with the amount of beer i drink and my "healthy diet" i'll be lucky to make 30 but some recent purchases have included

Petrol radio controlled car
    Radio controlled boat
    Radio controled harley its fcuking huge and fast

A new pc off dell should be here wednesday !!!
    A Blackberry Pearl

I'm very tempted to buy a convertible car also

You're obviously not spending enough on alcohol if you have that much money left over !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I earn a fairly good wage and my good friend mr credit card has helped with some purchases theres a woman who calls round occasionally she is often the bearer of gifts also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Would a ticket to Glastonbury be considered as such? 'Coz that's what I got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I bought this for my midlife
    img44772eh.th.jpg
    and this
    img0334fg6.jpg

God I looked good, pennyless though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

See, thats what I'm talkin' about! Brother dubtom, you have my deepest admiration, and I can categorically state that you are not compenating for anything, oh no-sireebob, no compensating. None. Not even a teeny bit. I'm also glad to hear that you, like me are also penniless having bought toys. If they bring sacrifice and soul-searching but still make you watch yourself go by in shop windows then they are food for the soul. Or the ego.

My wife is whining that I spent the money we were saving for a new bed on a watch. I've wanted a TAG Heuer since 1993, we already have a bed - I fail to see the problem...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Here is my mid life toy.

Linky

Exept mines orange:D

Motocross is the best way I know to work up a thirst, And between races the only place to eat is the donkey burger van;)

Advertisement