Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE100 tonight - last longest?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

pure liquid gold my man

although Green Island Spiced Gold from Mauritius is the nuts

My boss spends alot of time in Guadeloupe and St. Lucia (boat and trans atlantic crossing etc.,) and he brought me back this rum http://www.mountgayrum.com/....... Blew the head of me, after 2 of them I was talking utter horsesh*t but that didn't stop me struggling through the 3rd one........with Loads of Ice and Coke its gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Mr.Plough wrote:
    where is the emporium? not old enough to play there or anything but ive no idea where it is

Annes lane, just off Annes St (opposite Kehoes) which is just off grafton St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Morgans is fcuking crazy juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

jbravado wrote:
    Morgans is fcuking crazy juice.

there's a bottle of it in my kitchen which is actually speaking to me right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Had a bottle of it last night, only 15 quid for a litre over here. Salior Jerry's is also nice. Anyway enough about rum, my head hurts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Mr.Plough wrote:
    where is the emporium? not old enough to play there or anything but ive no idea where it is

from ste green, down grafton st, turn right onto st annes st (where eddie rockets is) and take first right again, its hidden up that lane!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

dacman wrote:
    Well played GM. did ye do a deal or play the heads up.

When we got down to two (Myself and Lex/MikeP) - we leveled off the payouts a bit, and played heads up. I got 1680 and a wsop sat ticket, Lex got 2050 and a ticket.

Overall very happy with it, played like a total idiot in the DC last week and wasn't confident enough to throw myself into the last longest.

Thankfully when i got into pots ahead i stayed ahead.

Significant hand for me was just after the break. (I took a bad beat from Hector(not hectorjelly) to lose my first stack) Raised in EP with AcJs, only caller was Harold. Flop is 8c9cTc giving me an openender and a nut flush draw. Shoved, got called and hit my club on the turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Lex

I chat him for a while and disturbingly* I put him on 22 33 44 and call. He flips 22 and my hand doesnt improve.

Jedi masta! :p
    Didnt think you'd flip for your stack there tbh, hence le push.
    gg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Lex wrote:
    Jedi masta! :p
    Didnt think you'd flip for your stack there tbh, hence le push.
    gg.

If I think im good I cant back out of the situation I find myself in. As you know It took me some time to get my chips across the line. I "chat" you up for a while and when I asked you one question you let a little nervous giggle. This is probably gonna sound stupid but if somebody is sweating me and I actually have 2/3/4's i find i have a sick tell of a nervous giggle.

Earlier in the night Clamper raised from the button into my BB and I pushed back for 60k with 44. He sweated me and i let out the same giggle - inside i was giving out to myself saying "what fckin breed of a gimp am I - when am I gonna stop giggling like that". That is something I have seen repeated over and over again.

A few other things twinged with me whilst I was chatting you, you kept playing with your cards, I often find that players do this as they fear that if they try to stay still they will shake. Also I felt you pushed too fast preflop, it was an insta push, almost like you had it premeditated - "if that baldy fcker raises me again im pushing back at him".

I suppose it was a combo of factors that made me call, overall I supposed I felt you really had no interest in seeing a flop.

It was 40k to call, 14k + 14k + 4k + 40k = 72k - 72k/40k - I had absolutely huge equity in the pot if you had 22 - 77, which of course I felt there was every possibility.

Despite it crippling me I was pleased with my call.

well done to yourself and Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Lex

Jebus, enough with the giggling!! I sooooo dont "giggle"!! tee hee :p
    At least call it a smirk or something! :rolleyes:

mp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

When we got down to two (Myself and Lex/MikeP) - we leveled off the payouts a bit, and played heads up. I got 1680 and a wsop sat ticket, Lex got 2050 and a ticket.

nice one lads fair plate to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Played a dreadful hand in this last night.

I have 7500.
    Villian 1 has 725
    Villian 2 has 2800
    Harold has 11000
    Ektor has 3250

Blinds are 75/150

Villian 2 limps in MP as does Harold. Ektor calls and i call from the CO with 54. Villian 1 goes all for 725 and is called by all 3 players. I then get a brainwave and attempt a squeezeplay and make it 3k to play.

Villian 2 moves in, Harold flat calls and Ektor moves in. The dealer took 8 minutes trying to sort out the side pots, during which time i asked John to stop the clock.

Anyway Harold moves all in on an A high flop and his AKs is good. Shorty has AQ and catches 2 pair and the other 2 had KJ and K10.

Very next hand i get my AK allin preflop against villain 1s new 4k stack and his QQ holds up. I'm left with 600 which i get up to 4800 but thats as good as it got!

Advertisement