Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the most beautiful tourist spot in the North- West ?..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 yellowpens

Enniscrone is by far the best spot for its breath taking views, and so much to do check out www.enniscroneonline.com

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Gaoth Dobhair (or Gweedore for those non-Irish speakers) is fab in my opinion!! coming from a Louth man that is....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Ballintrillick in Sligo particularly the Gleniff horseshoe as is the most amazing drive.
    Try to go earlier in the day (noonish) before there is a shadow on the mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

deman wrote:
    Slieve League

Breathtaking!
    MikeTheMan wrote:
    I concur!
    Although Convoy is a close second :cool:

slieve league, glenveagh, most of west donegal coast line.
    apparently convoy has alot of history? was told it was "big town" back in 1800's ;)

MONTGOMERY, Richard, Revolutionary soldier, was born at Convoy House, near Raphoe, county Donegal, Ireland, Dec. 2, 1736; son of Thomas Montgomery, a member of the British parliament from Lifford. He was graduated from Trinity college, Dublin, and entered the 17th regiment of foot as ensign, Aug. 21, 1756. His regiment was ordered to Halifax, N.S., and he took part in the siege of Louisburg under Gen. James Wolfe in 1758. He was promoted lieutenant for his bravery on this occasion, and in 1759 he joined the expedition under Sir Jeffrey Amherst to relieve General Abercrombie. He served in the command of Colonel Haviland in the capture of Fort Ticonderoga in July, Crown Point in August, and Montreal, Sept. 7, 1759; was promoted adjutant, May 15, 1760, ordered to the West Indies in 1762, was commissioned captain, May 5, 1762, and took part in the campaign against Martinique and Havana. He returned to New York, and at the close of the war with France in 1763, received permission to return to England, where he resided until 1773, when he became embittered, as his claims for military advancement were neglected. As a result he sold his commission in the army, returned to America in 1773, and purchased a farm of sixty acres at King's Bridge, Westchester county, N.Y.

'near raphoe'

still same description given today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭amcinroy

Urris, Inishowen
    The most amazing place I've ever photographed.
    http://www.andymcinroy.com/ir208.htm

Although Dungloon at Kinnego Bay comes a close 2nd
    http://www.andymcinroy.com/ir217.htm

The most impressive tourist spot must be the view of Ballymastocker Bay
    http://www.andymcinroy.com/ir189.htm

Andy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

nice pictures :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭georgie59

I agree with the comment that ardara is a nice town (mageha caves is lovely as well), Love the area at Saint Johns point and and the drive down (that should be up) to malin. Think its the diversity that adds so much mountains lakes and sea not to mention the bog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭georgie59

Forgot to say love the pics to amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

amcinroy

I have to say, great locations, beautiful photographs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭amcinroy

Thanks guys,

Photographers are spolit for choice over here.

Great light too.

Andy
    http://www.skyandstone.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Has to be abby babby on Main Street Letterkenny. Just breath in the alluring aromas and you will be forever changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Has to be abby babby on Main Street Letterkenny. Just breath in the alluring aromas and you will be forever changed.
    Muppet. I don't suppose you have any connections with that place?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Muppet indeed. Red card.

When you feel you have something positive to contribute to this forum PM me and I will look at the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

abby babby?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

retalivity wrote:
    abby babby?
    First of all we had a muppet now we have a smart arsed muppet (or should that be organ grinder and monkey)

Red card for retalivity and dont even bother to Pm me

Advertisement