Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's wrong with Rathfarnam?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

There's a bar right beside Marlay park, it's called the Eden. Nice pub to drink in, big beer garden for the summer days and supposed to have good food from what I hear. There are some shops nearby on Grange Road but would I walk to them....no but I'm a lazy sod!!!

This bus would be the one that you would get home http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=15N

A taxi home would cost no more than €15 iirc, but I'm usually rather tipsy late at night in a taxi so not 100% on that ;)

I don't know what sort of budget you're on but Moyville Estate or Boden Park estate would be a good option but in the lower to middle price range in Rathfarnham. Nice estates, shops around the corner, St. Endas park about 10 minutes walk, bus stop in 5 minutes walk. That nitelink bus I psted would drop you within 100m of the entrance to both estates.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Kenny 5 wrote:
    I don't know what sort of budget you're on but Moyville Estate or Boden Park estate would be a good option but in the lower to middle price range in Rathfarnham. Nice estates, shops around the corner, St. Endas park about 10 minutes walk, bus stop in 5 minutes walk. That nitelink bus I psted would drop you within 100m of the entrance to both estates.

I have no idea what budget I'd have either. My house in London is in a rising market, and Dublin is currently coming down a little, maybe quite a bit in the next year or two. As it stands now I could swap for a decent house with similar monthly repayments, but we are hoping to buy a bit cheaper than we sell so we can manage on my husband's salary so when we have kids I can stay home with them. We could do that in the areas that you advised against, but I'd rather not tbh.

It's actually weird to be looking for a house with a view to having a lifestyle that I don't actually live. When I bought my current house the ease of getting from Soho to bed at 3am was a fairly big factor. But when I move to Dublin I'll have to be thinking of kiddie stuff.:o My unconcieved kids will probably have more use for the night-bus than I ever will.:(

Advertisement