Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guaranteed ticket, new bounty!!!

Options
  • 05-05-2007 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

the cardinal rule, never knock a lady out, but as its poker lets av it, €200 bounty on sam's head,(sorry joe) as for the tournament same again this wednesday, a €40+€5 nlh freeze out satellite for the GJP main event GUARANTEED TICKET at the Jackpot, this will be held at 9pm 4000 starting chips with 500 eb chips new entries for first level only, 30 minute clock first 3 levels 20 min clock after break 30 min clock for final table. gl all
    25-50
    50-100
    75-150
    100-200
    150-300
    200-400
    300-600
    400-800
    500-1000
    800-1500
    1000-2000
    1500-3000
    2000-4000
    ect
    1. Jackpot are running the event
    2. Commercial
    3. wednesday Jackpot Card Club, Montague Lane
    4. 9pm start reg from 8.30pm
    5. Must be a member of the club, photo id required, over 18's only
    6. Purchased on the day from 8.30pm max 90
    7. No limit texas hold em tournament
    8. €40 freeze out
    9. €5 reg fee
    10. 100% money going into prize pool
    11. na
    12. freeze out
    13. 4000 starting chips + 500 early birds
    14. na
    15. See above
    16. 30 minute clock first 3 levels, 25 minute after.
    17. quaranteed ticket must be taken
    18. All dealer dealt
    19. Documented rules in club
    20. td Dukebox has final say on all rulings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Hi Duke, why not make it a €40 rebuy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

40e rebuy gives an edge to someone who has a 500+ cash tank with them, 40 freezeout means that the 500+ cash tank player and the student who has 40 quid on him are on a level playing field... keep it fo!

oh, and i've knocked sam out of 2 tourneys this week, do i get anything!?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There would be more runner at a rebuy event. Damn student friendly tournie. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

ditpoker wrote:
    40e rebuy gives an edge to someone who has a 500+ cash tank with them, 40 freezeout means that the 500+ cash tank player and the student who has 40 quid on him are on a level playing field... keep it fo!

yeah but you want degenerate spewy gamboolers rebuying loads to generate more tickets. nitty students bah :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

More players and more tickets. Slogging it out in a €40 FO for 1 or 2 tickets just doesnt really appeal to me.

i've a match at 6.30 tonight so might not make it in until 9.30 ish, how strict do u reckon the jackpot will be on the whole "new entries for one level only"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

ditpoker wrote:
    how strict do u reckon the jackpot will be on the whole "new entries for one level only"

for you jeff, anything is possible!!

i dont get it!.. should i get it!!?

ditpoker wrote:
    i dont get it!.. should i get it!!?

reading it back now probably not but it made sense in my head, but then again so do a lot of things which are inexplicable,

i presume you will be looking for oscar to turn up to this so you can cash

• Advertisement

yea, we've a good understanding where he dumps me chips, it really helps my game!

ditpoker wrote:
    yea, we've a good understanding where he dumps me chips, it really helps my game!

that explains it,maybe thats why my game is so sh1t at the moment,

i think i may head into this as last week was okay and considering how completley card dead i was and the fact i still made the final table shows that there is a bit of playability in it.

u were at the final table!?!? can barely remember it to be honest!

ditpoker wrote:
    u were at the final table!?!? can barely remember it to be honest!

i was,my Q9 oesd didnt hold up against oscar's aces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

there was only 10 entries last week :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boba_fett3099

Exams or poker....Exams or poker....Exams or poker...

Pints??

Exams or poker....Exams or poker....Exams or poker...

Pints??

flannerys for half eight?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boba_fett3099

Think we'll be watchin the match in the cornerstone from about 7.45!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Damn 45 euro, this is somewhat tempting. Yet I have same dilemma as Boba, exams or poker

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

cooker3 wrote:
    Damn 45 euro, this is somewhat tempting. Yet I have same dilemma as Boba, two week late assignment or poker

• Advertisement

lol.. well carl was there and rob and shane didnt show... so i guess we know who the real students are!! NERDS!!

apparantly 10,7 all in preflop won't hold up against KK... there's such bad players in the jackpot etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

ditpoker wrote:
    lol.. well carl was there and rob and shane didnt show... so i guess we know who the real students are!! NERDS!!

apparantly 10,7 all in preflop won't hold up against KK... there's such bad players in the jackpot etc etc etc.

I hope he pushed with KK? Because thats a loose call against your range..

ditpoker wrote:

I actually feel asleep for few hours, woke up around 11, my sleep pattern is perfectly normal.
    bad beat Jeff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Flushdraw wrote:

Twas against Sam for the bounty.

I split this again leaving me with two tickets but owing people money, now to get full cash value for the second ticket leaving the Jackpot, Joe and GJP happy.

There will be a 40euro rebuy sat in the Jackpot the Tuesday before the main event, dont think I will be allowed play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

bohsman wrote:
    Twas against Sam for the bounty.

I split this again leaving me with two tickets but owing people money, now to get full cash value for the second ticket leaving the Jackpot, Joe and GJP happy.

There will be a 40euro rebuy sat in the Jackpot the Tuesday before the main event, dont think I will be allowed play though.

Oscar,

Am I to take from this that you are selling a ticket? How Much?

Flushdraw wrote:

sa, uber rock from utg raises it to 300, i open push for 3500, she calls with KK expecting to be ahead!!! :confused: :eek:

Oscar,

Am I to take from this that you are selling a ticket? How Much?

No, I am expecting to get full cash value for from the Jackpot/GJP.

ditpoker wrote:
    sa, uber rock from utg raises it to 300, i open push for 3500, she calls with KK expecting to be ahead!!! :confused: :eek:

uber rock? Interesting hand with 8 left, I limp blind utg for 600, Sam pushes button for 2300, both blinds call, I look at my cards to see 95o, happy days, I push for 24k, blinds fold. Sam had T9o.

yea, i'm beginning to think sam has loosened up some what... i'm not gonna even try to make that last sentence less childish... my point remains the same!

• Advertisement

she must be watching how jeff plays too much.

Advertisement