Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Army Rangers Dog tags

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Zomgroflbbq

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Can the op not just get a Garda Age Card? It's classy and less hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

humanji wrote:
    Can the op not just get a Garda Age Card? It's classy and less hassle!

You think I want it as a substitute for an age card? HAHA

Sorry mate, the thoughts of someone going up to a bouncer and pulling out dog tags as a proof of age made me laugh. I could imagine the face on the bouncer before he tell ya to **** off!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Actually, I was joking, but the idea of showing a bouncer dogtags as id does make me chuckle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Judt

humanji wrote:
    Actually, I was joking, but the idea of showing a bouncer dogtags as id does make me chuckle :D
    Show him dog tags, and then your gun. No, not that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

War

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

testicle wrote:
    Only Manic Moran is. They are his initials.

Heh.. I never thought of it like that, but it's another TLA!

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

humanji wrote:

About ten year's ago I was working a door in Leixlip and a guy produced a UN I.D. card as proof of age. (I knew what it was) I asked him "WTF is this?".. "its a UN I.D. card, I'm just home from Lebanon", replied the poor chap... "Well do I look like a f*cking Arab" I replied... Just thought I'd share that one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Mairt wrote:
    About ten year's ago I was working a door in Leixlip and a guy produced a UN I.D. card as proof of age. (I knew what it was) I asked him "WTF is this?".. "its a UN I.D. card, I'm just home from Lebanon", replied the poor chap... "Well do I look like a f*cking Arab" I replied... Just thought I'd share that one.

Very funny.And people wonder why dooormen get a bad press..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm going to buy dog tags and get information embossed on it but every army has a different format. I want to get mine with all the information that an Irish Army Ranger would have, same layout etc etc

The problem is, I dont know the layout and information that would be on one. I can get the information and layout of the US and UK but nothing on Irish Defense Forces.

Can anyone help me out? Any help would be appreciated

If you dont need dog tags why would you want to wear them other than to act like a hard man.

You really should cop on and get a life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

If you dont need dog tags why would you want to wear them other than to act like a hard man.

You really should cop on and get a life.

You should cop on and stop dragging up old posts to insult people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Martinr5232 don't drag up old threads for no useful purpose.
    Being abusive is not welcome around here.
    You are the one who should cop yourself on.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

Mairt wrote: »
    Your wrong.

Personel serving oversea's are issued a set of dog tags with your Name, Number, Blood group and religion, NO RANK. Our dog tags are cheap pressed steel and about the same size as the old one pound coin. You get two on one chain. Usually on returning home your tags will be kept with your personal file and issued again (with your S.A.D.) on your next tour.

The ARW are issued the same tags.

If the OP PM's me I can photograph mine and email the pic.

Degsey, get off his back for crying out loud. Lots of people are interested in militaria, including wearing DPM's etc etc etc... Your really proving nothing here.
    testicle wrote: »
    Right.
    Dog Tags are worn by every soldier in the world, when deployed. If you seem to think that this is a "Yank" thing, then you are veery much mistaken.

The corect word is effective.

You two have the patience of a Saint!:D:D

The last issue I got were the round ones..don't like em..prefer the US type that were being issued for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Just noticed this thread...some real dickheads here..

To be fair,some lads who are actually in the PDF(eg Mairt) don't appear to take issue w/ him asking about replica dog-tags,yet civvies on a power trip give him a bollocking *tut tut*

Rant over,I'll get my coat..

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm never going to say that I've served, you are making me out to be some sort of scumbag, im not. The irish rangers have done missions that we will never know about, the fact that they can pull it off without notice is more to their credit.

I'll never say to anyone that i was a ranger, cos I'm not that type of person, and usually they would know me most of my life. I didnt think this thread would get this reaction because I wasnt thinking in a deceitful way.

I was thinking, " is it surname first", or " first and middle name" then DOB then Blood type or some sort of posts like that, not this.

I dunno why yer thinking the worst of me and I'm disappointed alot by the posts that I've been getting

HEY DUDE
    YOUE TOO EASY TO WIND UP
    tell yer man to f++k off and just ask yer mate when ya see him:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭-aurora

was too lazy to read all this thread, my dad was in the pdf he was a cs in the military police, he passed away some time ago and i found dog tags in among his army stuff. the were not the typical rectangular shape ya see the yanks with insteead they are two circular disks. if i can recall correctly it has the same info on each disk. army number, name and blood type.
    i wear them sometimes for good luck.

hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RossersToolbox

If you want a pair of Dog Tags to say your number, rank, name, blood type and religion go ahead and get them.

If you would like to have ARW printed on them then please go ahead and do that to.

As a serving PDf member I dont mind what the feck you want them for and to be really honest I dont care.

I'm not saying you would but if you do want to tell some bird your in the rangers and she if buys it then fair play to you, I hope you enjoy the fun and forlics.
    However the I'm a hard military cnut act only really works if you look the part so I would advise a course of cardio and free weight routines for a few month to get rid of the stick like legs, arms and get outside in the fresh air to help the acne. Just Kidding.

As for the rest of you how in the name of GOOD FECK did you string this out for 7 fecking pages. What a pack of bull****ting cnuts. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

it would not have made it to 7 pages if people like you stopped dragging up old threads

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shamrockone

I lost my Irish Army dog tags. I would love to get them replaced. Anyone know where I can get them I really cannot sleep worrying about their absence from my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

I lost my Irish Army dog tags. I would love to get them replaced. Anyone know where I can get them I really cannot sleep worrying about their absence from my life

Lol, your tags are AWOL

Internet or protac

• Advertisement

Seriously does anyone know where I can get replacements or at least the blank discs. Maybe the ones now are the same as the American ones. we had to hammer our own details on with a numbered and lettered punch.

ps I was never a ranger. Had to use my other assets to impress the ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

Seriously does anyone know where I can get replacements or at least the blank discs. Maybe the ones now are the same as the American ones. we had to hammer our own details on with a numbered and lettered punch.

The internet, as ever, is your friend.

tac

But I have no identity without my tags. Who will know how big and brave I was as a rear gunner on a bread van during the great snow, Or when I delivered all that oil, stood in as a black leg bus conductor and emptied a lotta lotta bins. Yes the sheilas were very impressed in the zhivago when they knew I slept in a ditch in Cavan and I was extra brave when I got that nasty sunburn in Israel oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I miss them soooooo much I really cannot sleep.

I wanna put my H**e in danger, I wanna be an Irish Ranger lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

In keeping with the rules of the forum, I'm suggesting that this thread is a total wind-up.

Also in keeping with my policy of not getting arsed in future to read such total s**** from the OP, he/she/it has now joined my ignore list.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

tac foley wrote: »
    In keeping with the rules of the forum, I'm suggesting that this thread is a total wind-up.

Also in keeping with my policy of not getting arsed in future to read such total s**** from the OP, he/she/it has now joined my ignore list.

tac

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭anto3473

I'd laugh at the OP but I once claimed to be a dolphin trainer, talking to some young one, completely steamed. Somehow it worked. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cancer3

All armies in the world have the same information on dog tags.

1. Name
    2. Forname
    3. Date of birth
    4. Blood group
    5. Religion

You will find out everything in detail here:

https://www.original-dogtags.com/

Advertisement