Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€21k to spend am i missing something

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

well its all a moot point now :)

thanks for all the suggestions, im now the proud owner (or i will be when i pick it up) of an imola red 530i sport :D

delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 65,040 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You know you should have posted the details here, as in how the final buying process went and what the arguments were during the negotiations. And of course how much did (will) you pay for it exactly?

Let us all know!

After that, well wear! Let us know how you like it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ill post that when i get the car ive it booked in for a detail next sunday so all pics etc will be after that :)

negotiations went okay but there was strong interest in it (not from what he told me, what i saw myself!) so i ended up getting a little over 10% off asking which wasnt bad.

turns out a customer of theres who ordered the new x5 bought this car from them as a stop gap car just before chrimbo - for 26,500! so i think im getting the better deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Well wear man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i was looking at getting one myself but cant face paying the tax that comes with it. same reasoni had to pull myself away from a supra.

Looking at a more reasonable rx7 now. which also has the benifit of not being everywhere like the skyline for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Sparks400 wrote:
    Can you provide details on that Kit? I can't see how you could bring a diesel engine from 130bhp to250bhp. Maybe you meant from 130bhp to 150bhp???

An ecu re-map (the best option as regards diesel power gains) will bring you, at best gains of around 30% in a turbo diesel so where's the extra ~80bhp coming from. Sorry about the off-topic ramble but if the OP is basing his purchase on this info it should be backed up. Thanks.
    A reply to a PM I got saying a similar thing.

Hi,

"Basically, it has to be a 130bhp or 150bhp engine first of all.
    Kit consists of a specially mapped ECU

Large Alloy front mounted Intercooler

Induction Kit

Exhaust System

Custom made Hybrid Turbo

It's fairly impressive, but I dont know how the irish insurers would feel about it."

I know it was possible as I was in the Golf, and I felt the power. It also had nitrous, which when he changed maps gave him 350bhp and 1/4 mile time in the 12s...

He's only sold 5 or 6 by word of mouth as he hasnt set up the company properly yet, but if I had needed to buy a daily driver I know what I'd be having :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Can't see how nitrous would work well in a diesel due to the different ignition method.
    Also can't see any VAG 1.9 diesel getting within a sniff of 350bhp without going bang. 250 is also I reckon a load of codswallop. Sorry, but I just don't believe that unless I saw it and watched it lasting for a long time.
    And at any rate, you can tune any engine to a certain degree - therefore you don't need to put up with the muck chassis that is the Mk4 golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭maidhc

Biro wrote:
    Also can't see any VAG 1.9 diesel getting within a sniff of 350bhp without going bang.

It would be a very loud bang too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Biro wrote:
    Can't see how nitrous would work well in a diesel due to the different ignition method.
    Also can't see any VAG 1.9 diesel getting within a sniff of 350bhp without going bang. 250 is also I reckon a load of codswallop. Sorry, but I just don't believe that unless I saw it and watched it lasting for a long time.
    And at any rate, you can tune any engine to a certain degree - therefore you don't need to put up with the muck chassis that is the Mk4 golf.
    I dont really care if you dont believe it, it isnt me doing the tuning and I dont own the car, so why would I need to lie. The chap has run 12s at the santa pod, no crappy remap would do this. Considering that just a remap can bring them to 180bhp, then changing a turbo, exhaust, adding a large intercooler etc could easily bring another 70bhp. I think you need to do your research into the VAG diesel before you do the typical boards thing and disagree with everything. Oh and the chap had done 20k in the golf with the kit on, the car reading 99k on the clock. He wasnt trying to sell it to me, or look "cool", he just presented the facts when I asked him about it.

Also, nitrous works incredibly well in a diesel engine, have a look here:
    http://www.akamoto.co.uk/resource-how-nitrous-oxide-works.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement