Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do you recommend?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Cyrus wrote:
    ah c'mon its a feckin honda saloon, a mondeo rival, decent car but doesnt excite me in the slightest, do they do a type r any more? im sure the build quality is fine but it doesnt look like a bmw rival to me

deignanAccRoy752.jpg

bmw rival? who i their right mind would spend €40,000+ for a 1.6 bmw 3 series
    316 SE retails €39,750 + metallic and delivery brings it over 40k.....

its a terrible small car for 40k , i have driven one , a mitsubishi carisma look alike.... doesent do it for me at all......there as common as avensis or mondeo on the road...... and the 1.6 a bit small for the weight of that car.

for a few bob more you can get a better spec'd honda accord with a pokey 2.0L ........ anyways........ people pay their money and make their choice......
    each to their own........ IMO BMW 3series saloon = YUCK!

bazz26 wrote:
    The Honda Accord sold in Europe has been built in the UK since 1993 along side the Civic hatchback, CR-V and Jazz afaik. The Accord sold in Japan and USA look totally different to the Europe model.

my car was made in Japan! the stamp on the identification plate under the bonnet confirms so......

it says Honda Japan.........

whats the story there? so?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,861 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what_car wrote:
    bmw rival? who i their right mind would spend €40,000+ for a 1.6 bmw 3 series
    316 SE retails €39,750 + metallic and delivery brings it over 40k.....

its a terrible small car for 40k , i have driven one , a mitsubishi carisma look alike.... doesent do it for me at all......there as common as avensis or mondeo on the road...... and the 1.6 a bit small for the weight of that car.

for a few bob more you can get a better spec'd honda accord with a pokey 2.0L ........ anyways........ people pay their money and make their choice......
    each to their own........ IMO BMW 3series saloon = YUCK!

no one, id buy a year/2year/3year old one with a 2.5 or 3 litre engine and enjoy it :) im certainly not recommending a 316i to anyone but the way you lads are talking about the accord makes it sound like its a bmw 335 rival :p

:D
    Cyrus wrote:
    no one, id buy a year/2year/3year old one with a 2.5 or 3 litre engine and enjoy it :) im certainly not recommending a 316i to anyone but the way you lads are talking about the accord makes it sound like its a bmw 335 rival :p

:D:D I wouldnt buy a 3 series saloon at all :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,861 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lol fair enough horses for courses!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

what_car wrote:
    my car was made in Japan! the stamp on the identification plate under the bonnet confirms so......

it says Honda Japan.........

whats the story there? so?

I think this is the Japanese built Accord:

06-accord-1.jpg

bazz26 wrote:
    I think this is the Japanese built Accord:

06-accord-1.jpg

duno whats going on...... someone told me that honda bring in the high spec cars, s type etc from Japan.....

honda ireland told me last wk that there are only approx 20 Accord S type autos in Ireland!

Being built in Japan is a good thing! ;) better build quality ...

i must check this out further....

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jonno23

All Accords since the new model was introduced in 2003 are built in Japan, not the UK.
    Any dealer will tell you the build quality is better than the cars built in the UK!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The Accord in Japan does look alot different to the Accord in Europe. I have seen the Jap one and it is nowhere near as nice looking as the European one.

Thanks for the input so far btw, i was already leaning towards the Accord but now my mind is set. To the above post about the miles etc. I know 78000 miles is not that much but i am spending alot of money on this car and i am looking for one between 2004 and 2005 with between 25000 - 55000 miles with a MAX budget of 22000 euros. I have seen a few on Carzone that have real low miles and are in great condition within my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I was just saying about the 78k to point out build quality - best of luck with your purchase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

what_car wrote:
    cool did ya go petrol or diesel?

i have my new accord a week nearly now and love it.. its so quiet and smooth (auto)... S type..
    on my first tank of fuel i averaged 31mpg over the tank,.,. that included a good bit of town driving... its a lovely motor to drive...

one thing that i noticed is that my accord was made in Japan! i thought that
    they were built somewhere in europe? anyways,,, the build quality is superb!
    the car is so solid...compared to my last car ( avensis diesel had a few rattles in the dash but was ok... honda is put together better)

will my fuel consumption improve as i put miles on the car?

anyways good choice...enjoy!

I got the 2.2 CDTI, and its so nice. I love the ride and the interior and i think it has the BMW beat on looks.

I got the 2.2 CDTI, and its so nice. I love the ride and the interior and i think it has the BMW beat on looks.
    New? they drink oil for the first few thousand miles - make sure you keep an eye on the oil level

land9 wrote:
    New? they drink oil for the first few thousand miles - make sure you keep an eye on the oil level

Its new to me but its a late 2004 but ill keep an eye on it. thanks

I can't go the 2.2 as my insurance would be mental. 2.0i is the highest i can go as i am only mid twenties.

land9 wrote:

is it the same for the 2.0 petrol?

logik wrote:
    I can't go the 2.2 as my insurance would be mental. 2.0i is the highest i can go as i am only mid twenties.

im 25, and to change from a 2.0TDDI mondeo to the 2004 2.2 accord cost me an extra......wait for it........ 80quid.

im 25, and to change from a 2.0TDDI mondeo to the 2004 2.2 accord cost me an extra......wait for it........ 80quid.

Oh i am also 25. Only 80 quid more? Who are you with? Would love the Diesel 2.2 :)

no only turbo diesel - little bit of oil seeps past the turbo seals at first, excessive at first but calms down after the first service. make sure you get castrol 5w30 fully synthetic oil for servicing - anything else and goodbye turbo!

just because a car doesn't burn oil isn't an excuse to neglect it!

logik wrote:
    Oh i am also 25. Only 80 quid more? Who are you with? Would love the Diesel 2.2 :)

with quinn direct.

Advertisement