Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Laptops!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Western Union is a scammers best friend !! never use it, you have no comeback its like sending cash in the post !!

The Bank Draft scam lads are using it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

Did nobody teach you how to proceed with caution on the web? I have strict rules of either meeting face to face or using a credit card.

yeah that's really going to help him now! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Site claims their a HP Platinum Business partner, I'll send this onto their sales department and see what they say :D

Big corporation might have better luck stomping out scammers like this, i know Apple and the company i work for set the legal dogs on any company claiming to be a premier business partner when their not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

billius wrote:
    yeah that's really going to help him now! :confused:

Was I suppose to help? I don't know the consumer laws in his country or england so I cannot help him and regardless this is thread in bargain alerts not consumer issues, So I shouldn't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Was I suppose to help? I don't know the consumer laws in his country or england so I cannot help him and regardless this is thread in bargain alerts not consumer issues, So I shouldn't have to.
    And thats why you choose your user name :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CineDOG

New fraudulent site (if moderator not delete again)
    pcdigital.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Just as an aside, the Czech Republic is a member of ICPEN, as are the UK. The relevant consumer authorities can progress this complaint from a 'scam website' angle - i.e. getting the website shut down. Maybe the UK consumer crowd might be more receptive then the police.

I don't know about police taking a complaint about fraud over the phone, but there is a communication network. If you complain to your local police, they'll get their fraud people to contact the UK police's fraud squad. Since the crowd are based in the UK and the victim is EU based, there should be well establish and tried and tested communication pathways.

Probably slow as hell to get anything done, but it should still be possible to progress the issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

contact www.eccdublin.ie and get them on the case pronto

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The same scammers also have this site on the go.

http://www.euden.co.uk/

note this page which screams scam if you compare to the above mentioned websites

http://www.euden.co.uk/info.php

and i thought fleabay was bad :eek:

avoid these scammers but MOST OF ALL avoid Western Union , thats unless Prince Abdi in Nigeria is sending you that $100m to mind as promised.

Advertisement