Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale of house - Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Well done best of luck ....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Yes, best of luck to you.
    At least now you are not relying on stamp duty reform or other shennanigans to try to sell your house- you are pitching it at a segment of the market who are buying, and catering towards their financial means.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

well guys... good news, we hope!
    Had the viewing yesterday and it went great. The couple fell in love with house, put in an offer, there and then, at the new price 317.5k.
    The seem very eager to have the deal done and dusted asap, and have already organised for the valuer to come out to house tomo.
    We are thrilled - obviously we won't bank on it until we have the cheque in the bank, but it really seems very promising.
    Once again guys, thanks a mill for the great advice... really appreciate it!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BlackIguana

Very interesting thread...

c07 - best of luck with the completion, hope all goes to plan.

Thread shows the evolution of the deal in the market at the moment. I think it sounds like a good deal you've done to sell at 317.5 (4/5% reduction off your original price).

It will also be interesting for you to keep an eye on the price movements on the similar properties that remain on the market (i.e. watching asking prices, how quickly they sell after election etc)...

My suspicion is that time will show that you've made the right call on this one.

cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Well done Keep us posted , try and move them along as quick as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That's great news. Hope it all works out.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

well all... thought I'd sign in and give you the final chapter in this process.
    We have signed contracts in our solicitor's office, so this sale is going through. Happy days!
    We should be closing in next 2 weeks.

And ... STILL.... no other houses are moving in our estate. So, it looks like we have definitely made the right move, and are totally happy with our decision. I reckon it's only a matter of time before the rest of the houses in the estate drop more. Some have dropped by 5k on the asking price, still leaving them at 330k, but they are getting no bites whatsoever.

Finally, we can plod ahead with our build.
    Once again, thanks a million for all your sound advice. :D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Glad to hear it is working out for you.:)

Advertisement