Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moro Coconut

Options
  • 25-04-2007 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Anybody else tried these yet? Best thing I've tasted in years. Not the same kind of coconut as bountys either, tastes more like Malibu for some reason!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

oooh, malibu, really??!! saw these yesterday as i was just leaving the shop and really wanted to pick one up but i had just bought some ben and jerry's and a double chocolate muffin so i thought, better not. Tomorrow though!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Sounds rank. I hate cocunut. Accidentaly bit into a Quality Street coconut earlier n had to spit it back in the wrapper. bleugh! They get rid of coffee sweets yet keep coconut and it's just as manky. Mind boggling :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

No trust me, its probably one of the nicest chocolate bars ever... But its only limited edition :(

well they'll prob only bring it out as a limited edition to 'test it' and see its reception, and then if it goes down well, perhaps it'll stay..??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I didn't think it was that nice. Moro's have a lovely filling, but the taste was overpowered by the coconut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There used to be a bar similar to this a few years ago, anyone remember it?

nope!!
    I have a Moro Coconut in the press now though....will get back to you on that later once it's eaten!! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Sounds rank. I hate cocunut. Accidentaly bit into a Quality Street coconut earlier n had to spit it back in the wrapper. bleugh! They get rid of coffee sweets yet keep coconut and it's just as manky. Mind boggling :confused:

I agree... Bountys are rotten too.. eew :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 trixiem

Think they were Boost bars previously!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

Had one of these babys the other day. It was nice but its defo a different type of cocnut flavour from bounty. I love anything coconut tho, ESPECIALLY cadburys coconut rough, mmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

these yokes are savage, big thumbs up :D

they go a bit too mushy in the sunshine though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

these yokes are savage, big thumbs up :D

they go a bit too mushy in the sunshine though

had one the other day. It was nice enough, nothing spectacular though. Not a patch on the regular Moro...but I didn't expect it to be, that'd be pretty darn impossible :D
    If I wanted something coconut-y I'd have a Bounty, if I wanted a Moro I'd have a Moro.
    I'd eat one again but there's a lot of bars I'd choose before it. Still nice though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I want one! Unfortunately they don't seem to have been discovered by the shop owners around here yet. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I haven't seen them at all over here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

p-nut wrote:
    Had one of these babys the other day. It was nice but its defo a different type of cocnut flavour from bounty. I love anything coconut tho, ESPECIALLY cadburys coconut rough, mmmmmm
    MmmMMMmmm Coconut rough.....

Must give one of those moros a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

There's not enough chocolate on them!

And I preferred when they were boosts! Dont think they had those biscuit pieces in them...

But Coconut Rough.... mmmmmmmmmmm! :D

Bout time somebody made a decent macaroon bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Yum yum! Love it, i'd liken the coconutiness to that which is in use in the macaroon bar, (the one with the white paper wrapper).

I have yet to try the coconut rough. Onwards To the shop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just noticed a bizarre bar in a white wrapper, in the shop just now and discovered, to my delight, that it was a Moro Coconut :)

Delicious. It's all I can say about it!

I'm stocking up before this "limited edition" runs out... I swear to god I'll cry the day they take these bars off the shelves. I seriously think I'm addicted to them! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

DarkJager wrote:
    I'm stocking up before this "limited edition" runs out... I swear to god I'll cry the day they take these bars off the shelves. I seriously think I'm addicted to them! :)

I had one for breakfast and have another waiting in my handbag for after dinner. They're fab- and I don't even like coconut.

They really do remind me of some bar that used to be out years ago- and not Boost; they have more of a *veggie* taste, not coconut.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

These are really nice and are much nicer than Bounties. I'd also highly recommend dark chocolate kitkats and the kitkat chunky with peanut butter.

I've been looking for this everywhere in Edinburgh, Cork and Kerry, and I can't find it anywhere!

Aw Faith, you don't know what you're missing out on!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

I really really really like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

i haven't even SEEN them, i want some now too though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Didn't like them at all, I must be a weirdo. The "coconut" taste was really artificial. Will stick to the bounty's so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Yeah these are pretty nice alright. They could well have staying power...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moussdog

I bought one of these in a vending machine yesterday thinking it was a white chocolate Moro (could be an idea) but as it dropped my mate informed me it was a coconut one.

I was disgusted cause i hate bounty's and was going to throw it away but alas i took a bite and ........... jaysus they're good. Of course there's none left today.

• Advertisement

AGH!! I can't find these ANYWHERE and it's really annoying me! Has anyone gotten them in Cork?

Advertisement