Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best horror film of all time??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Lets not forget the original
    Omen 1 + 2 movies.
    The Decent
    Halloween 1 and 2
    I Loved The Signal and REC two recent movies
    Oh and the Orphange was pretty good too although really need a good sound setup to get the most out of it.
    I thought the Evil Dead movies were terrible even when I was a wee fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Walkman wrote: »
    Anyone remember a horror set in ireland called 'Rawhead Rew' (i think thats what its called).
    Yeah i saw it. Contains the mad priest's immortal line 'Get up there f**kface and don't keep the lord waiting'. Your man who played Matt in Glenroe was in it. I vaguely remember a scene where he gropes a girl behind a caravan while old rexy is hovering around in the bushes.

And by the way 'Rawhead Rex' was the name of it. For me the most spine chilling film ive ever seen was the 70's mini series of Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot'. That creepy little lad floating at the window gave me nightmares for months. Terrifying book too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Anyone know where I can get a copy of Rawhead Rex

Just spotted it on ebay. 5 days left to bid. $36. 6 bids on so far. Good luck.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Dawn of the Dead and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original and the remakes). Loved War of the Worlds too, if you can call that a horror film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

The first Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I think I saw it for the first time when I was in college in 97. I think it was still banned on video at the time, so the copy we had was a pirate, quality was a bit dodgy ... which actually added to the atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Oscholar

Evil Dead 2. Even though it's more of a comedy than the first film, it's my favourite horror film. Bruce Campbell is a legend!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Here here! I dont think its best horror of all time but its up there, and Bruce is a leg end for sure . Now where did put my boom stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Im not much of a fan of Evil Dead 2.
    For me its more "National Lampoons" Evil Dead which sucks ass.Bruce is the king though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement