Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song for grad Mass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I liked the Rage Against the Machine idea. How about Always look on the bright side of life cause my class is gunna have to as were a bunch of wasters. It comes from a 'blasphemous' movie to boot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Iv just now been told that our song has changed to "Im leaving on a jet plane". Im gonna cause some unrest if this is going ahead, wat a crap song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

sternn wrote:
    Iv just now been told that our song has changed to "Im leaving on a jet plane". Im gonna cause some unrest if this is going ahead, wat a crap song.
    So ye're all doing courses over in England I'm guessing. :p

That is a crap song for that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

i dont see why anybody would want to do that vitamin c song its so bad. leaving on a jet plane isnt that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

shazzyshaz wrote:
    so if u hate each other smack that is perfect!!---rozabeez

Haha, bit of a shít song though isn't it?

They've got about 10 songs we've to choose 3 from tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Or, if you're somewhat obsessed with your teachers, you might like "That's What I Go To School For" by Busted. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I want Don't Stop Believin' by Journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭m*pp*t

Do you realise? by The Flaming Lips would be a nice depressing one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

For our TY grad night, major fights over what we're singing(its tomorrow)
    The main contenders being:
    >Vitamin C song
    >"With a lil Help" Beatles
    >"Lean on me"
    >"Time of our life(good riddance)"
    >"True colours"
    >"I'll stand by you"

Etc,etc,etc...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We're getting "You Raise Me Up", performed (afaik) by a kid in 3rd year. Four of the lads (only 2 of whom are in 6th year) will play an instrumental version of "Nothing Else Matters", and the mass ends with "Oh Happy Days". Nobody even asked us what we'd like, and the whole thing is on tonight! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

"Dare to Be Stupid" by Weird Al :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

An Fhile wrote:
    We're getting "You Raise Me Up", performed (afaik) by a kid in 3rd year. Four of the lads (only 2 of whom are in 6th year) will play an instrumental version of "Nothing Else Matters", and the mass ends with "Oh Happy Days". Nobody even asked us what we'd like, and the whole thing is on tonight! :mad:

Tommy wtf! Is it Brian that is guna be singing "raise me up"? Cos its pretty hilarious when he sings it! and "oh happy days" wtf! So ghhheeey

"nothing else matters" should be cool though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Redneck by Lamb of God FTW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

If you want something a bit more obscure and operatic, how about "Time to say Goodbye".

damn gotta be at the church in 30 min and i aint even ready!

OMG OMG OMG

sorry haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ha, ours are 'Don't Stop Me Now', 'In My Life'- beatles, 'Unwritten'- Natasha beddingfield and 'Shine'- Take That.

It actually sounds cool...once we have microphones so we can be heard over the band..and the harmonies are deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Garth Brooks - The River
    Tom Petty - Learning to Fly

These are the usuals in my school!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Ding dong, the witch is dead: Wizard of Oz OST

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

So many predictable songs there! Ours is going to be either "Eye of the tiger", "The Final Countdown" or "Y.M.C.A".

We take our graduation seriously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Ours was last friday, we had a few of them...our main one was Aint no Mountain High Enough, a few of the girls also sang "For Good! from the Wicked Musical and two girls wrote a song....there wan't a dry eye in the place....

For the love of all things good in this world, please dont use Vitamin C song or Greenday, Time of Your Life..both overdone to hell...also, Greenday are being sarcastic in the song, if you listen to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Mine's on Friday. They're doing House of the rising Sun with a digareedoo. Should be... interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,151 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

We had no song, although we kinda guessed from the teachers reaction from when someone said it. Still slag him bout it. No need for music anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Pantera - Fúcking Hostile. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

We had ours today.Was great fun.I just sat down the back and messed with a few friends the whole time.The just sang the usual holy mass stuff completely ignoring my request for REMs - Its the end of the world as we know it.****ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

lilmizzme wrote:
    For the love of all things good in this world, please dont use Vitamin C song or Greenday, Time of Your Life..both overdone to hell...also, Greenday are being sarcastic in the song, if you listen to it!

Yeah, we've to do the stupid Greenday one. Damn majority votes!!! Thats so not a graduation song like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

mickith wrote:
    green day - time of our lives
    i knew sombody was going to suggest this song.
    why must everyone think this song must be played at every....lets see.... graduation, funeral, wedding, going away party, 21st......... the song is so fcuking cheesy.
    also you got the name of it wrong, its proper name is 'good riddance'
    cson wrote:
    Highway to Hell by AC/DC I think. Best reflects where our hedonistic bunch are headed.
    that would be class!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

yeah ours was last thursday and we did For Good from Wicked, Dont Stop Me Now, Dont stop thinkin about tomorrow, we go together from grease emmm...i believe from honey (for some reason...) and aint no mountain high enough! then 3girls wrote their own song thing, twas great craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

AAAAAAH! I believe, that goddamn, stupid STUPID song! That NOBODY would learn a stupid routine to for a talent show. AAAAH.

The doors - The end, would be class! We've got Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield, This is my life - the Beatles, Don't Stop Me Now - Queen, and some other song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Chelsea Dagger, fantastic
    Da da da, da da da, da da da dee da da da

• Advertisement

On a side note........I'm still piiiiiiiiiised.....uuuuuuurgh

Advertisement