Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP Poker Monthly Deepstack: Sunday 29th April - Red Cow Hotel - Est €15000 Prize Pool

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

hoping not to blow up today like wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

yikes, forgot all about this....
    If i can get me arse in gear I may show up at this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

already home, very card dead and made 1 or 2 good bluffs to stay alive, but in general no action at all fro me.

Great structure and nice place to have a game, also wp to JP, its run very well and I defo be back, hopefully in a better mood too, couldn't take my badbeat well at all. But thats life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Ollieboy wrote:
    already home, very card dead and made 1 or 2 good bluffs to stay alive, but in general no action at all fro me.

Great structure and nice place to have a game, also wp to JP, its run very well and I defo be back, hopefully in a better mood too, couldn't take my badbeat well at all. But thats life.

how many played in this

about 78 or so, good weather keeps a lot of people away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Flushdraw wrote:
    Thanks Smurph/Papa Smurph :D

P.S I'd take ur number out of the above message. U know people like Bottom Feeder when they have a few beers cant resist themselves!!

Tony i told ya i gave that up since i got arrested...... give a guy a break...

Ollieboy wrote:

Ollie are you sure you didn't get spiked.....??

Ollie are you sure you didn't get spiked.....??

Sorry, yeh he spike top pair with his 3 outer preflop I suppose, why he called the raise i dont know....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Ollieboy wrote:
    Sorry, yeh he spike top pair with his 3 outer preflop I suppose, why he called the raise i dont know....
    i think it was reference to tonys sweets....

i think it was reference to tonys SWEETS

Actually it was.... LOL

• Advertisement

i think it was reference to tonys sweets....

Thats what it was Wes, well spot mate....lol

Ollieboy wrote:
    Thats what it was Wes, well spot mate....lol
    how come was got the credit for that? typical poker no good play goes unpunished!

how come WES got the credit for that? typical poker no good play goes unpunished!
    FYP
    Joe your rambling again, I bet you 20euro you cant stay quiet for a full orbit….. :p

FYP
    Joe your rambling again, I bet you 20euro you cant stay quiet for a full orbit….. :p
    10 mins an orbit (pretend im dealing) so 20 euro FTW!!

10 mins an orbit (pretend im dealing) so 20 euro FTW!!
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Got knocked out of this pretty earlyish. Called an allin with a Q high flush/straight draw because i read him for a lower flush draw but i was up against top pair. Oh well

Solksjaer made the FT shortstacked but couldnt make much progress to get knocked out early. Still 6 left when i was leaving.

Managed 5th in the side event for money back, Smurph finished 7th just outside the money. Fair play again to JP, Christine and the gang for another great structured tournie. Once again they listened to players and altered the blinds/clock to give more play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Just back from this,

John Weaffer took down 1st place for €3500
    2nd Mick Foley €2000
    3rd Matt Doyle €1000
    4th Albert Kenny €750
    5th Paul Hanley €650
    6th Niall Campbell €550
    7th Eugene Mc Cartin €450
    8th Willie Clyne €350
    9th Johnny L €250
    10th Gary Stokes €150
    11th Anthony Carey €150

Will post full report tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Great tournament JP & Chrissy , probably best value going in terms of structure , flexability of TD , plus the odd looney factor. Although the improvement in some of the players play is noticable. Bit frustrating not to see much paint for nearly 3 hours but sure I'd have been out a lot earlier if the blinds were not frozen.
    I'm determined to take a tourny down soon, getting pi$$ed of making FTs and not winning.:( I need to review what I'm doing wrong. (although in this one I got as far as I could with my muck). Went out on a gambooll trying to hit and up and downer to give me an outside chance of a high finish..no joy..(he had 6s). Great day ands unlike some of the complainers, I thought the curry was very tasty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

Flushdraw wrote:
    Got knocked out of this pretty earlyish. Called an allin with a Q high flush/straight draw because i read him for a lower flush draw but i was up against top pair. Oh well

Solksjaer made the FT shortstacked but couldnt make much progress to get knocked out early. Still 6 left when i was leaving.

Managed 5th in the side event for money back, Smurph finished 7th just outside the money. Fair play again to JP, Christine and the gang for another great structured tournie. Once again they listened to players and altered the blinds/clock to give more play.

Unlucky Tony, good to meet you yesterday.
    Finished 5th after going from chip leader at dinner break (72k) down to 18k
    at next break, back up to 73k at FT. Got up to about 100k then made a stupid call after a guy reraised me all in on QJx board. He was BB, I had AJ and thought he was making a move or had a J. Anway he had QJ, no Ace for me and I was crippled. :mad: The same guy made a great bluff later on representing a broadway straight on the river, forcing the other guy to lay down his two pair.
    Most memorable hand was midway when I opened in EP with a standard raise holding QQ. Player on left reraises, fold, fold, fold, next player goes all in.
    He had been very tight, and I put him on maybe KK so I laydown the Queens reluctantly.
    Player to left calls all in with JJ and hits a set.

Great day though, thanks JP & Christine for a well run event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

DPablo wrote:
    Most memorable hand was midway when I opened in EP with a standard raise holding QQ. Player on left reraises, fold, fold, fold, next player goes all in.
    He had been very tight, and I put him on maybe KK so I laydown the Queens reluctantly.

The player that went all in - what was he holding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

DPablo wrote:
    Unlucky Tony, good to meet you yesterday.
    Finished 5th after going from chip leader at dinner break (72k) down to 18k
    at next break, back up to 73k at FT. Got up to about 100k then made a stupid call after a guy reraised me all in on QJx board. He was BB, I had AJ and thought he was making a move or had a J. Anway he had QJ, no Ace for me and I was crippled. :mad: The same guy made a great bluff later on representing a broadway straight on the river, forcing the other guy to lay down his two pair.

Great day though, thanks JP & Christine for a well run event.
    Well done Paul good result!! I should have gone with you it was a nightmare last night for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

The player that went all in - what was he holding?

He was in the BB and was holding AA. Good tight player so i think everyone believe him for AA or KK apart from the guy holding JJ!

Well played Paul. You played a good game with plenty of raising and c-bets. seemed to work well for you

Advertisement