Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I join?

Options
  • 23-04-2007 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

While having a chat with my Dad the other night.. he informed me that although I'm only 26, I will soon go bald like a long line of the men before me, and also I'll start to "spread". I think that means get fat whether I like it or not.

So..

I have come here for a shoulder to cry on, and a place to be among.. brothers.
    I suppose I should accept it. Im about to become.. spreadable. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Why cry? We're all here to celebrate the fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

Damn straight these are parts of aging to be proud of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Im sure I will be proud in due course.. I feel it is a neanderthal reaction to seek the support of my spreadable brethern.. so I am as the Americans say..

Very happy to be here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Trotter wrote:
    Im sure I will be proud in due course.. I feel it is a neanderthal reaction to seek the support of my spreadable brethern.. so I am as the Americans say..

Very happy to be here.

Exactly ! I dub thee "Trotter BG&RH brother in waiting" (Kinda like being a squire, your part of the gang but not fully initiatied) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Trotter wrote:
    so I am as the Americans say..
    Very happy to be here.

If you look anything like this American - you're in!

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote:
    If you look anything like this American - you're in!

Again.. its an aspiration, but with hard work I'm sure I'll get there.

Trotter wrote:
    Aspirations are good enough. Welcome Brother Trotter!

If that Icequeen one hadn't have gotten herself banned she could have brought us some beers to celebrate your arrival. The things that some young wans will do to get out of looking after the menfolk. Tsk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Hill Billy wrote:
    If that Icequeen one hadn't have gotten herself banned she could have brought us some beers to celebrate your arrival. The things that some young wans will do to get out of looking after the menfolk. Tsk!

Victor !

Oops sorry wrong thread :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Trotter wrote:

Red lead and blaa`s to the ready Richie boi , shur isnt that how ya were reared.
    Now go forth and become a real maN :D Suck it in no more and may I jus saY once again Back Hair FTW!

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Red lead and blaa`s to the ready Richie boi , shur isnt that how ya were reared.
    Now go forth and become a real maN :D Suck it in no more and may I jus saY once again Back Hair FTW!

Whats she doin here?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Trotter wrote:

Ya little Mickey man ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Hill Billy wrote:
    Aspirations are good enough. Welcome Brother Trotter!
    Aspirations are one thing ... photo-ma-grafs of the beer gut and receeding hair line, even in their infancy, are also very useful.

Brother-in-Waiting Trotter! Make with the photos, or face being confined to the ranks of the slim, hairy and dull :cool:

Failing that, in what way can you convince us of your worth ?
    *thinks ... devotion to beer, pizza, bodily functions ... lack of interest in hair products ... flatulence ... it's all good*

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Trotter wrote:

Getting us beer from the fridge I hope

Well.. Im not gonna stick pictures of my junior beer gut on the internet. Thats just silly.

I've been wondering what to do with all the extra nose hair though.. so I tweezed it. Dont have a tear left in me eye.

What else.. I chugged a tin of pringles for a bet recently.. and have been leaving little bits of bellybutton fluff in the shower.

Am I on the right track?

trout wrote:
    Aspirations are one thing ... photo-ma-grafs of the beer gut and receeding hair line, even in their infancy, are also very useful...
    ...Make with the photos, or face being confined to the ranks of the slim, hairy and dull...
    ...Failing that, in what way can you convince us of your worth ?
    I've not posted pics here either. Does that mean I'm a Brother-In-Waiting too? I think not.

All this "Brother"/"Brother-In-Waiting" malarky smacks of a non-brotherly attitude. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Hill Billy wrote:
    I've not posted pics here either. Does that mean I'm a Brother-In-Waiting too? I think not.

All this "Brother"/"Brother-In-Waiting" malarky smacks of a non-brotherly attitude. :(

fair point Brother Hill Billy, a fair point ... but we gotta have standards too ... keep out the riff-raff and all. I mean, wanting to be a Brother, and being a Brother ... well ... there's a difference. :cool:

Having said that ... I do like the pringles chugging, nose hair exploits and belly button extravagansa ... and the fact that he couldn't be ar$ed to post pictures of his gut makes me believe that Trotter is worthy of being a Brother.

Let us welcome Brother Trotter :)

Bravo!

I found my first grey hair today!!!! (on my head now).

In celebration (I have been taught by my brothers here that such a discovery is something to celebrate)... I microwaved last night's sweet and sour chicken and had it for lunch while watching War stuff on TV.

DID I DO GOOD!?!?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Trotter wrote:

In celebration (I have been taught by my brothers here that such a discovery is something to celebrate)... I microwaved last night's sweet and sour chicken and had it for lunch while watching War stuff on TV.

DID I DO GOOD!?!?! :D

What about the beer???

jester77 wrote:
    What about the beer???

I forgot to mention this... and I hope I will be accepted as.. lets say, the unfortunate one of the group.

Im allergic to alcohol. I dont get drunk.. I get really really ill straight away.

Sorry. I should maybe leave. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Trotter, keep us updated as to when you get your first ear hairs.. us wimmims, we love them.

You're in there, Brother Trotter ;)

zaph wrote:
    You're in there, Brother Trotter ;)

Brother Trotter cant drink though.. Have I lost my "brother" status so soon after gaining it?

I can get a belly in other ways!

Perhaps a medical exemption could be arranged, but it just means you'll have to try harder by consuming extra fried food. Please refer to the best fry-up thread for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,853 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Trotter wrote:
    Im allergic to alcohol

You sure, brother? It takes most brothers a couple of decades to go from being sick after the first sip to really enjoy 3 or 4 sixpacks of an evening. Most of us have persisted and made it all the way through despite all the sick (sic) hurdles on the way. Have you really tried hard enough?

I'm sorry to sound sceptical, but I suppose at your tender age you could not possibly have given it a fair go, or have you?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

... when you find one in a much more southerly direction, you'll really have arrived !

As for the alcohol allergy, fear not, my tolerance for epic quantities of Guinness expired some years ago, just substitute with regular applications of all-day breakfasts to ensure that your midriff continues to expand............

You're in.

Ritz.

You are named after a ladies' drink though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ladies drink?
    I thought it was a description of the abuse towards the toilet after a decent night out.

Yeah.. Doctors orders. I've tried so hard, but most times I end up in the doctor's after 3 days in bed. That just isnt right!

I'll continue to chug pringles and fry as much food as possible.

Thanks for your understanding. :D

• Advertisement

Spankeh wrote:
    Ladies drink?
    I thought it was a description of the abuse towards the toilet after a decent night out.

I think he was referring to Brother Ritz. He's got a point actually.

Advertisement