Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 toll bridge camera - Not working properly???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭alias no.9

While I firmly believe that if you're caught, it's time to stand up and take it like a man, you must remember that there are two lanes on the M50, if there are cars in both, which one is speeding? It's impossible to tell without two photos, showing their relative positions before and after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I was watching the M50 toll bridge camera last week and noticed it only flashes once for each car caught. I thought these cameras were meant to take two photos in order to calculate your speed. I was wondering if anyone has been caught at this speed trap and if so did you receive a copy of the two photos.

Actually I've witnessed it flashing twice, but that was about two weeks ago so maybe its went faulty since.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,321 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Don't some camers flash once at speeding vehicles, when they are out of film?
    But if it's only taking one photo then there is no proof you were speeding. As I said, two photos are needed.
    Could it be an infrared camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

There Is A New Speeed Camera On The Stillorgan Road Heading Into Town Just After You Turn Right For Nutley Lane Thinks Its New Don't Think Its Connected Beware

Also Can Anyone Tell Me If I Pass The Speed Camera At The Right Speed And A Car Comes Whizzing Past Me At The Same Time Does My Car Pic Taken Tooo And Do I Get A Ticket How Does It Know Which Car Made It Flash ???????????:d

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its a red light breaker or 'amber gambler' ccamera. The only way you would get caught is if you broke a red light.
    However, had it been a speed camera and a speeder passed you as you went by it then the fact that it should take two photos will provide physica evidence that you are not the one in the wrong.

Edit: BTW its been there for years!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

faolteam wrote:
    There Is A New Speeed Camera On The Stillorgan Road Heading Into Town Just After You Turn Right For Nutley Lane Thinks Its New Don't Think Its Connected Beware

Also Can Anyone Tell Me If I Pass The Speed Camera At The Right Speed And A Car Comes Whizzing Past Me At The Same Time Does My Car Pic Taken Tooo And Do I Get A Ticket How Does It Know Which Car Made It Flash ???????????:d

How do you know the stillorgan one is not connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Victor wrote:
    Don't some camers flash once at speeding vehicles, when they are out of film?Could it be an infrared camera?

I was think that, one of these:

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/truvelo.htm

But then, why would it flash once?

MrP

Advertisement