Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

TDI - Red I, Red DI, ehat's the difference?!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maiorinc

So I have a 2005 Passat with the red DI and from the forum I see that probably doesn't mean anything. But what would would I be looking for on the engine block or under the carpet?
    Thanks
    The red in TDi actually means nothing. Dealers and VW have messed around with it to a point of confusion.

The only way to know for sure what engine is in there is by checking either the stamp on the block/head or the sticker under the carpet in the boot.

Between the 1.6 petrol and 1.9 Diesel, there is no contest. Tdi (Any flavour) all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

maiorinc wrote: »
    So I have a 2005 Passat with the red DI and from the forum I see that probably doesn't mean anything. But what would would I be looking for on the engine block or under the carpet?
    Thanks

There is a data sticker in the boot like the one below.
    The power of the engine will be listed in kw, 169kw in this case. Read the power in kw and then convert to bhp.

Ed30Sticker.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭andyd12

Old thread. Does anyone know if pd 1.9tdi passat 130bhp and 110bhp share the same turbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yup, old thread.
    Start a new thread instead. The server is big enough to handle it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement