Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GJP €300 game - Sunday 15th April

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

45 runners, with a 3rd of the field gone before the first break, I made a patented move, when piperT raised to 1k, I re-raised all in for 3.5K with the monster that is JcQc (I was card dead and seriously short stacked so it was all in or fold poker) only to run into pocket Aces and pocket 10's (piperT), woops.

Played the cash game, serious Bad beats at that which I could start a thread in the Bad Beat section but only have 2hours left in work so could not finish it?

Met AKQJ10 from boards, who was getting concussed from the deck hitting him in the face.

Synopsis of a few hands from Memory

On a board of KsKd7s with 2 spades AKQJ10 bets €62, chuckles re-raises all in for €138 and turns over K J for set, AKQJ10 has I think 7d8d, but fear not, runner runner diamond to give AKQJ10 the flush:eek: :eek:

Niall the poet Murphy, does the usual dwell up and raises pot, AKQJ10 re-raises, Niall dwells up and goes all in for 300ish called by AKQJ10, Niall has KsKc AKQJ10 has QsQh, but fear not, ping Queen on the flop, saves the day.

Martin has AsAc and manages to get all his money in preflop €400 add up against AhKd and yes you guessed it
    10 J Q flop seals the Hand, but strangely it wasn't AKQJ10, he had cashed out, good move.

The game was not limit holdem with a live straddle for €7, so basically after a slow start it went 1, 2 live straddle €7, live straddle €14, live straddle €28 and 4 - 5 times live straddle to €56, all with the options to re-raise:o :o
    The Poet did and all in for €400 when it was straddled to €56 and no one called and he turned over the monster that is Q10offsuit, balls of steel I tell ya.......

I sat into the game for €200, managed to get it up to about €600, but lost it back. I left when it was just getting seriously dangerous. Chuckles got cleaned out as did a Johnny Cash look alike, not a game for the fainthearted. There were loads of other hands but the 3 above were my top 3....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

AKQJ10 is now officially the Boards.ie lucksack!

Winning tourneys back to back in the jackpot, both times involving questionable hands, 45off is a monsterrrr!

And then bringing the cash games up in drogheda down to his level.

TBH i'm glad the money is going to someone who will redistribute it back into the student population rather then going to one of you working types....

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

He had enough sense to cash out, which other people, including moi could have done when I was ahead, but nop, sometimes us working types just don't know when to quit:) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

smurph wrote:
    Martin has AsAc and manages to get all his money in preflop €400 add up against AhKd and yes you guessed it
    10 J Q flop seals the Hand, but strangely it wasn't AKQJ10, he had cashed out, good move. .
    irony at its finest, A luckbox called AKQJT leaves the table everyone thinks they are safe...then he loses a AKQJT straight! lol.
    im an action dealer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Results:

David Finnegan & David Lynsky chopped it for €2350 and a €1000 ticket each.
    Adrian O'Donaghue 3rd for €1900
    Antonio Yalcin 4th €1400
    PJ Breen 5th €1000
    Joe O'Neill 6th €700
    Albert Kenny 7th €300

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

2 of my friends played this aswell,

said it was fun to say the least. apparently the game was severly slowed up because one of the dealers was on his first night - but apart from that they said it was fun - of the bad beat variation!

edit :they said he was a northy guy who didnt understand the rules of live straddle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Shortstack wrote:
    Results:

Fabio Capello 3rd for €1900
    Antonio Yalcin 4th €1400
    PJ Breen 5th €1000
    Joe O'Neill 6th €700
    Albert Kenny 7th €300

Fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Shortstack wrote:
    Results:

Adrian O'Donaghue 3rd for €1900
    Antonio Yalcin 4th €1400
    PJ Breen 5th €1000
    Joe O'Neill 6th €700
    Albert Kenny 7th €255 + €45 for Flushdraws 15% - (the least he can do for chasing on 2 streets when i flopped the nuts!)

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

this was without doubt the most up and down day of cards i ever had. i went there thinking i could do well in the tournemant after a good run this week. 2nd level however i got hit pretty hard with flush over flush which left my stack to 1k. went out soon after that. (-300 for the day)

Albert was still in so i said id play cash while i waited. I was told that the cash games were pretty mental down there so i thought id just play tight which is different for me. Anyway i lose my first buyin on a hand when ive top pair and an oesd against overpair. (-500 for the day) Then i buy in again and the two hands which smurph described above happen. when i bet the 60 quid on the KsKd7s board it was into a pot of 125 so it looked weak so when the guy came over the top for 75 more i called thinking he could have a spade draw or be totally bluffing. sure enough he had the king and i hit runner runner diamonds. anyone who knows me will know that the one diamond on the flop was also a factor in my call. (pretty sick i know) then this guy nial enters the game, all ive been told about him is that he's nuts. so when i re rraise him with QQ preflop and he shoves i called instantly he had KK and i hit the queen on the flop.(gotta win your races) i peaked at 1050 in the cash game and cashed out 750 in the end. This was basically due to some crazy live straddles and one missed draw. anyway now i was +50 for the day.

then went to the fitz and lost 50. then to jackpot and won 150. so profit for the day was 150. feels better though than when ive won alot more just because of the way it went

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sosh

Marc u r a sicko when cards are involved......SICKO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

smurph wrote:

The game was not limit holdem with a live straddle for €7, so basically after a slow start it went 1, 2 live straddle €7, live straddle €14, live straddle €28 and 4 - 5 times live straddle to €56, all with the options to re-raise:o :o
    The Poet did and all in for €400 when it was straddled to €56 and no one called and he turned over the monster that is Q10offsuit, balls of steel I tell ya.......

He'd of done it with 72o! Legend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

so leaving my match yesterday i run into ross (student poker type, good friends with mark akqj10)

ditpoker "i see marks running pretty well"
    ross "yea, he's doing pretty well"
    ditpoker "probably donating it all back in cash"
    ross "yea, he's doing that pretty well too"
    ditpoker "standard for mark"
    ross "yea..."

no one tells a story quite like ross! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,240 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ditpoker wrote:
    so leaving my match yesterday i run into ross (student poker type, good friends with mark akqj10)

ditpoker "i see marks running pretty well"
    ross "yea, he's doing pretty well"
    ditpoker "probably donating it all back in cash"
    ross "yea, he's doing that pretty well too"
    ditpoker "standard for mark"
    ross "yea..."

no one tells a story quite like ross! :D

LOL!!

Advertisement