Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bryter

This post has been deleted.

LOL I thought it was hilarious. Someone will probably buy it though. That is pretty depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dino poo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Looks like the sacred stone of Jay Leno to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Galvasean wrote: »
    Dino poo?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Can't see anything else in it. Is it a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

"Legend has it that an ancient Irish tribe once flourished in the Connaught region of Ireland. But after making a pact with the Chief Pagan God Odin The Wanderer, the Stone of Mary vanished and thereafter crops began to fail and then pursued the great Irish famine"

"I certainly don't want to make any money off of it (minus the expense of finding it). My plea is to a genuine, caring Christian to take the stone and keep it out of harms way."

Hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bryter

Valmont wrote: »
    "Legend has it that an ancient Irish tribe once flourished in the Connaught region of Ireland. But after making a pact with the Chief Pagan God Odin The Wanderer, the Stone of Mary vanished and thereafter crops began to fail and then pursued the great Irish famine"

"I certainly don't want to make any money off of it (minus the expense of finding it). My plea is to a genuine, caring Christian to take the stone and keep it out of harms way."

Hilarious!

OMG, that is too funny! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

LOL ... has to be a piss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Someone touched it once and grew a beard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Did you see the family in Wales that "found" Jesus in the lid of Marmite .....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/8071865.stm

idiots....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

It'll still have to go some way to better finding jesus in your dog's @rse...

4273.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

There's a little holy spirit in here, I think" Cue the camera man laughing at her.
    Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Will it be upgraded to a Class 2 Relic now that it's on Ebay?:D

Wait, it cost €50 to find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Not really 100% religion related, but it does reference it slightly. However, this imitation of Glenn Beck is just too good to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I love Jon Stewart so freaking much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Ha that's fukking brilliant. Have to love the daily show, too bad they made the videos on the website US access only.

Edit: The full episode is up on 4od if anyones interested.
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/4od#3048217

23485_376465173650_621668650_3886537_2271215_n.jpg
    23485_376484168650_621668650_3887190_1474527_n.jpg
    23485_376473268650_621668650_3886874_4711579_n.jpg
    23485_376430068650_621668650_3885834_120864_n.jpg

How does religion cause constipation? Sitting on your arse on a wooden bench for too long?:confused:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Malty_T wrote: »
    How does religion cause constipation? Sitting on your arse on a wooden bench for too long?:confused:
    You end up full of ****?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

You end up full of ****?

Ahh very good, very good.

Not really religion, but a topic that was contested with vigour here recently:

arrogance.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

krudler wrote: »
    3239.jpg

Can you buy those stickers? I'd get a batch and stick one on every Gideon's bible in every hotel room I'm in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

25753_380003081213_70874246213_4886079_5978113_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

3343598218_f7509066b7_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Obni

How many English Premier League teams have a squad player reckless enough to wear a number 13 shirt?
    6 out of 20 (30%)

Number of teams in top 4 that feature a shirt #13
    3 out of 4

Number of teams in bottom 4 that feature a shirt #13
    0 out of 4

... and for the pub quiz enthusiasts amongst you...
    Man Utd - Park
    Chelsea - Ballack
    Spurs - Walker
    B'Ham - Doyle
    Fulham - Murphy
    Wolves - Hahnemann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

the_flake_equation.png

Alt text: Statistics suggest there should be tons of alien encounter stories, and in practice there are tons of alien encounter stories. This is known as Fermi's Lack-of-a-Paradox.

I'd hazard a guess that this could be applied to religious visitations throughout the ages with a few tweaks.

EDIT: It appears I was beaten to it by Robindch in the Jesus thread. Damnation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

I still think it's laughable that on the christianity forum they claimed that religious music was the most progressive of all music genres...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

mehfesto wrote: »
    I still think it's laughable that on the christianity forum they claimed that religious music was the most progressive of all music genres...

How much religious music written within the last fifty years have you heard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

How much religious music written within the last fifty years have you heard?

If music isn't being heard by many people, it's not making great progress now is it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement