Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Because of the Times

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Have this now a few days and i must say im loving it.Took a few listens alright to get into but i think its just because its a pretty different direction from the last two albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

It's good but it's no Youth and Young Manhood. Fans and On call are the standout songs imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Excellent album from an excellent band. Loving Black Thumbnail and My Party.

Does anybody know where i can get the pictures of the band on the album sleeve online? They're brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 nellyrev

It takes a lot of listening to before you can really appreciate.
    i seem to be like this with every album

i heard the song On Call and i just cannot get it out of my head

i have yet to love the album but from what i hear it wont be hard

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

Love this album anyone see them on Jonathon Ross last night? They were great!! Going to see them for the third time in the summer can't wait they are even better live!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Great album, really really like it. But not as much as Aha Shake... but still great album. I've been putting it on on repeat in work all the time since I've gotten it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

Love this album. Aha took a while to grow on me because I wasn;t used to their "sound", but pretty much liked this album since it's release. Knocked Up is a great intro track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Love the whole album, so good. McFearless and On Call are my favourites at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 verys|owey

potty pete wrote:
    What in the name of God does 'deos' mean?

stay on topic pal

any way my faverite track has to be 1. Knocked Up ListenListen
    2. Charmer Listen Listen 3. On Call Listen Listen4. McFearless Listen Listen5. Black Thumbnail Listen Listen
    6. My Party Listen Listen7. True Love Way Listen Listen8. Ragoo Listen Listen9. Fans Listen Listen10. The Runner Listen Listen11. Trunk Listen Listen12. Camaro Listen Listen13. Arizona Listen ListenEditorial ReviewsAmazon.comAha Shake Heartbreak may have blown open the doors of fame for Kings of Leon, but their third full-length album (named for a United Pentecostal Church ministers' conference) could well usher the Nashville foursome directly to rock and roll's zenith. There's hardly a change in plans for the three Followill brothers and their cousin, and that means producer Ethan Johns, a smorgasbord of musical influences, and a cacophonous ensemble of guitar, bass, and drums. A trio of relentless rockers--"My Party," "Camaro," and the sarcastic "Charmer"--are sure to pacify those familiar with the Kings' blueprint, yet there is ripening in the band's approach heard, in several of the record's 13 songs. Reverb guitar and vocals and a "woo woo" chorus add a sinister aspect to "Trunk," and "Knocked Up" features a laissez-faire Caleb Followill crooning "She don't care what her mama said/She's gonna have my baby." The seven-minute revelation of fatherhood that opens the album leads into the U2-influenced "McFearless," a reggae-splashed "Ragoo," and the rambling English blues of "Black Thumbnail." It's a rogue element that has always left every record fresh, and this time it has Kings of Leon teetering on the edge of rock renown. --Scott Holter Product DescriptionThird album from the rockin' American quartet whose previous albums (2003's Youth And Young Manhood and Aha Shake Heartbreak from '05) have earned them a large worldwide following. Consisting of three brothers and a cousin, the Kings Of Leon mix their own brand of Southern Rock with touches of Garage, Punk and Alternative swagger. RCA.
    Help others find this item Make a Search Suggestion | Manage your Search SuggestionsMark Gutierrez suggested this item show on searches for "on call". What do you suggest?Customers viewing this page may be interested in these Sponsored Links (What's this?) Advertise on Amazet Free and Unlimited Songs From Kings Of Leon. No Fees Per Song! A magical book The Treelanders--book I Journey to the Giants
    New: OrgananizeYourselfOnlmers tagged this product with
    First tag: rock (Catherine Rubsam on April 1, 2007)Last tag: indiepost-punk (2), rock (2), indie (1), punk (1) See all 7 tags...Rate this item to improve your recommendations
    I Own It

ah god i always ball up the copy and payst way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Quick has anyone any really ****ign huge pictures of KOL? Could they post them up? Thanks... Word of advice remove the link to Kaazaa in your last post, tis illegal and i'd hate to see you banned...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

verys|owey, could you please think before you post. I've already closed and deleted some of your posts because of your attitude, any more muppetry from you and you will be banned.
    verys|owey wrote:
    stay on topic pal

Maybe follow your own advice, what relevance was the huge picture you posted of the band? Or the garbled Amazon press release on the previous page?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ok after roughly 18 listens this is one of my favorite albums in the last year.

that's 3 solid albums from these guys, can't think of many other bands to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 verys|owey

alsatian.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

lordgoat wrote:
    pitchfork smiychfork

by the end of the year it'll be in their polls. it's a great album

True, they've panned all KoL's albums actually, with each scoring somewhere in the fours. I have really gone off Pitchfork - very pretentious and alternative for alternative's sake.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I have a problem with a few of their writers but i find for looking up older albums the reviews are great..

*sigh* verys|owey banned for being a muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

Um that's not a muppet, that's a dog, duh.

kthnxbye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Anyone else find "Fans" oddly moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

John wrote:
    *sigh* verys|owey banned for being a muppet.

Ha ha! :)

Back to album though.....

.....have to admit....it's been a very long time since I've heard an album that I just can't stop playing over and over. It just keeps geeting better and I keep hearing bits and pieces that I love even more!

Charmer my current favorite! If only they were to be added to Electric Picnic! *sigh*

• Advertisement

it sounds like chewing tinsel while having a painful bowel movement - ON ACID!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

album is slick like rick.

Im off to manchester in a few hours to see these bad boys . cant wait.

This album is gay like ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

brinepacer wrote:
    This album is gay like ray.

Great input...well done!

Brinepacer banned for being another muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 The_Op

Album is a slow burner that hacks away at your brain. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing but I'm enjying it at the moment...what three weeks after listening to it first.

On Call has already begun to wear thin.

Fans and Trunk are doing the business for me lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

its the soundtrack to my commute to work.

dunno if that's a good thing...

i guess its also my soundtrack home!

Are they playing Electric Picnic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

They are not playing Electric Picnic. I cannot say more.

Advertisement