Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ept Monte Carlo

Options
  • 29-03-2007 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

anyone covering it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

nicnicnic wrote:
    anyone covering it

BlondePoker, Pokerstars blog, Pokernews......

Too expensive for Antes Up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Leslie McLean out after Flopped jack high straigh runs into turned queen high... George McKeever on c20K from 15k starting stack.
    Andy Playing today Day2 - on 45K already,
    Roy Brindley on 25K at last update.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭FungiWalsh

From PokerStars blog:
    One of the most familiar faces of the EPT has already left the building. Marcel Luske was eliminated in the first level in the most horrible way. Holding A-K he was dleighted to see the flop come A-10-A. He bets big, gets a call. The turn was 3, he bets bigger and is called again. River was a 2 (no flush on board). Marcel leads out, his opponent re-raises, then all the chips fly in. Marcel showed his trip aces, top kicker. His opponent, surely must have a full house? Nope, he called all the way with 4-5 and hit the gutshot on the river. It's a cruel game, but Marcel took the beat in his usual polite manner.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    i read a few like that on the blonde forum - my heart is breaking thinkin of the IO...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

LuckyLloyd wrote:

hmmmm, fairly standard 2 outter I'd say, see it every day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

yeah, saw that earlier on. ugh. I'm getting nervous about next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

yeah, saw that earlier on. ugh. I'm getting nervous about next week....

If youre worried about that, dont be calling too many 12xBB raises with small pairs in the 1st level and you'll be ok. Its a tough loss but its hardly the sickest beat of all time.

yeah wehn I read that I thought wtf at the pf action, but meh, he's deep enough and the players sound bad enough to get away with it. still not a big fan tho...

blinds 100-200 brindley up to 38K, Andy on 46K... g`wan the irish!

• Advertisement

yeah wehn I read that I thought wtf at the pf action, but meh, he's deep enough and the players sound bad enough to get away with it. still not a big fan tho...

They also sound unbluffable which takes away plan B should you miss your set

but he's deep enough to call purely for set value, esp. when the guy's gonna stack off so easily.

but he's deep enough to call purely for set value, esp. when the guy's gonna stack off so easily.

you could make a case for calling with 76s etc there aswel then. I'l be playing slightly tigher than this in the early levels of the IO. 3 or 4 callers and i defo call but i at least want to make an ass groove in my chair before i bite the dust!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=9747583&an=0&page=2#Post9747583

I don't know what to say. Don't have any sharp objects in your hotel rooms lads. This is just wrong.

Joe Hachem has been eliminated from the EPT Grand Final. He raised to 300 pre-flop and was re-raised by Jonathan Little to 1000. Hachem called. The flop came out QsQc2c. Hachem bet out, was raised by Little, Hachem three-bet, Little pushed, and Hachem called. He quickly flipped up his aces. Little flipped up AQo. No miracle case ace on the turn and river and Hachem is gone.

I was a bit surprised by this hand from Greg Raymer.
    Big hand reported to me now - resulting in an early elimination - Greg Raymer's table, and since he's the victor in the hand that crowd will only grow during the day, making it increasingly hard to get next to the WSOP Champ.

OK the hand - all the action preflop. OutMatey raised it to 150 preflop. Hard to realise at this point how 100x this amount is about to get into the middle, isn't it...
    Greg Raymer made it 450. OutMatey re-re-raised to 1,500. Raymer moved in. Call.
    Raymer showed:
    OutMatey showed:

No spiked higher pair and I find this all so improbable I am going to have to go and count his stack. I trust my source though, so up the story goes.

A bit surprising that in the first level he manages to get allin on a coinflip in a very deepstacked tournament. :confused:

The-Rigger wrote:
    I was a bit surprised by this hand from Greg Raymer.
    me too, I'd expect a guy like him to at least have a hand when he goes all in.

:p

what about this hand...

edit: will enter link in a second

The bemused look on Gus Hansen's face is down to the fact that Juha Helppi is OUT. With the board reading 7sQsTs2d5c his opponent, (shown here on the left of Gus) pushed all-in on the river, covering Juha, who dwelt for absolute ages and called and was immediately shown As4s for the flopped nuts. Juha mucked his hand and briskly left the table. One of the other players wanted to see the cards and a ruling was called for, Juha's hand was shown as QdJd , which really shocked everyone, especially Gus, who couldn't stop saying, "Wow.."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

blinds 100-200 brindley up to 38K, Andy on 46K... g`wan the irish!

Nice one, the Irish are 8k ahead of the English in the Andy V Roy battle???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

brindley is irish

• Advertisement

he's actually english.

a-k-47 wrote:
    brindley is irish

as irish as yorkshire pudding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Thought he was born here so i googled it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Brindley

he does claim to be though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

LuckyLloyd wrote:

yuk brings back horrible memories, went out on practically the same circumstances in the Open last year only difference was, set was jacks over-pair was kings and pot was bigger was for chip lead after 7 levels and money went in on turn, a horrible memory

try this out for sssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!

Adam Junglen...

It's funny you should mention his name, because he's just been involved, in probably the most fascinating pot I'm likely to see in this tournament, trust me...

Patrick Antonius makes it 1k from the button. Adam makes it 3.2k from the small blind and Antonius makes it 9k. Adam calls.

Flop: Qc2s4c

Adam checks, Patrick moves in for 34.5k. The break has just happened, but a crowd is developing around the table as only the two players remain seated. Adam keeps staring intently at Patrick, checking his chips, it'll cost most of his stack to call. Patrick sits impassively. Finally, eyes still focused on Patrick, Adam pushes the 34.5k into the pot, and Patrick visibly loses the colour out of his face as he flips over 3c5s . Adam turns over first the Jh , then....the ad ! Everyone including Patrick manages a double take. I hear people shocked, yet still somehow impressed at the call.

Turn: 8h

River:Ah

A 90k pot goes to Vegas based Scandie, there's not even a collective groan or sigh from the audience, people are still transfixed at the action.

Adam briefly, yet without a shred of regret in his voice explains, "His range for 3-betting preflop is so wide...When I called the 6k extra I was trapping." He seems remarkably composed for someone who has just lost such a big pot, "I don't care, I've played 10k comps before, his move in was a scared bet, I'd have probably called with King high."

And although that may sound arrogant to people, I could completely believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,123 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What about Phil Laak?

Mellor wrote:
    What about Phil Laak?

I think that is a retorical question :D

now this is lucky!!!!
    OK so Nik had 36k (at one of his peaks) at the 200/400 blind level. UTG (described as 'Scandie, aggressive, good, aggressive etc.') raised to 1,100 and Nik decided to smooth call from the blinds with QQ.
    Flop: T52 Nik bets out 2k, gets raised to 5,500. "This is where I start to feel a bit ill. But I call."
    Turn: 2 Nik checks, Scandieboy bets 12,500 - full pot - leaving Nik to dwell until the clock is called.

Now, in the first version of events I heard, he used up a full five minutes before passing the Queens and being shown Kings. Good pass Nik.

What actually happened was that the floor was called to put the clock on him, and he sort of waved his hand around when the clock rules were being recited. The floor shut up until he started to count down from 10..9..8.. During this time, Nik said, "I didn't put him on Aces or Kings because he'd always re-raised preflop with hands like that, been playing with him seven hours, that's an oddly large bet for someone with a huge made hand..."
    "Seven...Six...Five...Four," said the floor. Nik didn't snap out of it until the floor said, "One."
    "All in," said Nik, pushing his stack over the line.
    "If you'd listened to the rules," replied the floor, "You'd have known that your hand is declared dead on 'One.'"

THEN he got to show QQ and be shown KK in return. What a save.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Andy Black is now chip leader with 330000 cheeps

Advertisement