Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G.L.F.C. Fundraiser, Boards Donkament, €40 Buy In, €10 ReBuys. Sat Mar 31st

Options
  • 28-03-2007 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

All details for this have been sorted, as seen below! See you saturday!

1. Who is running the event: Grosvenor Lane FC in the Jackpot
    2. The purpose of the event: Fundraiser for footy club.
    3. Date and Location of event: March 31st, The Jackpot Card club.
    4. Registration and Start time of event. Reg 8pm, start time 8.30pm.
    5. Any prerequisites: desire to GAMBOOOL!
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number: on the day.
    7. Type of Tournament: Hold'em rebuy tourney crapshoot
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc: €40 buy in, €10 rebuy
    9. Cost of registration: nil
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund: TBC depending on prizepool, but it will not be ridiculous, this is afterall being run by boardies.
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool. no
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. first three levels, and as many as Oscar can afford.
    13. Starting Chips. 2k.
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. 2k rebuy, 3500 top-up.
    15. Blind levels: all of them
    16. Blind timeframes: 30/20
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash: everyone who plays will be invited to the end of season drinking binge...
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill. but of course.
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules. yup.
    20. Is there a tournament director. duke/carfax
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say. td.

if you play for glfc (me, aodea, bohsman, carfax, the_flyer, luckylloyd) attendence is essential. if you dont play for the lane, attendence is essential.

last longest bets?!?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Chances are Ill be rocking it up thanks to the death of tribeca and the Slovakians embarassing themselves in Apartheid HQ but how about prizes for most rebuys, best hand etc, Im sure pokerireland, the mayfair and some of the organisers Jeff and Anto work for would be willing to put something up...

Also how about putting a figure on fundraising - 25% sounds about right to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

you shud try your best to get dave from jackpot to play this. i thought we were fairly decent at rebuys until i played a 10 euro seven seater sng rebuy with him and a few others. he managed to create madness and there was 540 in the prizepool by the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

AKQJ10 wrote:
    you shud try your best to get dave from jackpot to play this. i thought we were fairly decent at rebuys until i played a 10 euro seven seater sng rebuy with him and a few others. he managed to create madness and there was 540 in the prizepool by the end of it.

lol. He is one of those guys who are there to gamble rather than win. You haven't seen me in a rebuy having said that...

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

ditpoker wrote:
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund: TBC depending on prizepool, but it will not be ridiculous, this is afterall being run by boardies.

boardsies, please!

kpnuts wrote:
    boardsies, please!
    Are we not Davids now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

im wearing my number 8 jersey and my armband get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Are we not Davids now?

David, will you tell David to stop being so pedantic,

rgds
    David.

PS. I hope some David manages to take down the Goliaths in the Irish Open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

bohsman wrote:
    Chances are Ill be rocking it up thanks to the death of tribeca and the Slovakians embarassing themselves in Apartheid HQ but how about prizes for most rebuys, best hand etc, Im sure pokerireland, the mayfair and some of the organisers Jeff and Anto work for would be willing to put something up...

Also how about putting a figure on fundraising - 25% sounds about right to me.

i'll see if i can find anything suitable for these spot prizes. Everyone get onto everyone to get them to play this. I want ALL boardsies/davids at this... this is more a boards social event than anything else... joe oneill will be on hand to show everyone where the pub is!!

fundraising figure will be approx 25% (i.e. rounded up or down to make the prizepool tidy or the fundraising tidy, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

any other night and I could make it :rolleyes: , best of luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Are we not Davids now?

Davids were disqualified from the betting..We're now officially boardsies

• Advertisement

flushdraw/atari jaguar/tony/high king boardsie, you playing this? and dragging other known degenerates (ianmc, halfbaked, bottom_feeder, fergus) from the SE to join us for an evening of donking!?

ditpoker wrote:
    flushdraw/atari jaguar/tony/high king boardsie, you playing this? and dragging other known degenerates (ianmc, halfbaked, bottom_feeder, fergus) from the SE to join us for an evening of donking!?

Jeff, I would have lovin to play this gamboooolfest but i'm in work til 9 SUPPOSEDLY and i also have tickets for the FM 104 thingy in the town that night so i dont know what i'm gonna do:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

ditpoker wrote:

Sorry Jeff, it's unlikely i'll be seen at a live poker event before the Irish Open as I'm unemployed as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

sorry to hear that mate, knew the announcement was coming this week but wasn't sure who was going to be affected.

Iago wrote:
    sorry to hear that mate, knew the announcement was coming this week but wasn't sure who was going to be affected.

It's ok i've known for ages. I'm pretty happy as it was my only way out. I'm hoping I take the fantasy football down to boost the bankroll!!!

ianmc38 wrote:
    It's ok i've known for ages. I'm pretty happy as it was my only way out. I'm hoping I take the fantasy football down to boost the bankroll!!!

Ian, this raises a couple of questions.

A) Will you depend on poker for income for the forseeable future? (not using the term "pro")

B) I presume you mean cashgames at the Open. Couldn't see you bothering with any of the donkaments (lol).

C) If you go with A, can you now update your blog every so often?

Flushdraw wrote:
    Jeff, I would have lovin to play this gamboooolfest but i'm in work til 9 SUPPOSEDLY and i also have tickets for the FM 104 thingy in the town that night so i dont know what i'm gonna do:confused:

work til 9, jackpot by 9.30 for the last rebuy level! easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

I shall do my best to attend the GAMBOOOL fest on Saturday.:D

ditpoker wrote:
    work til 9, jackpot by 9.30 for the last rebuy level! easy!

To get 2000 chips when there will be about 3 million on the table lol! After a 14 hour shift i dont think i'll be up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Flushdraw wrote:
    To get 2000 chips when there will be about 3 million on the table lol! After a 14 hour shift i dont think i'll be up for it!

LOL, your always up for degenerate gambling!

• Advertisement

joe oneill and newcastle dave from the jackpot have said they're playing.. the gambool factor just doubled!! i'm working on a prize for most rebuys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

get antes up to cover it!

ditpoker wrote:
    joe oneill and newcastle dave from the jackpot have said they're playing.. the gambool factor just doubled!! i'm working on a prize for most rebuys!!

You've probably just tripled your prizepool. Congrats!

mark, you bringing ross along to this? joe i expect to see you there... otherwise how can i buy my 1%!?!?!

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Ian, this raises a couple of questions.

A) Will you depend on poker for income for the forseeable future? (not using the term "pro")

B) I presume you mean cashgames at the Open. Couldn't see you bothering with any of the donkaments (lol).

C) If you go with A, can you now update your blog every so often?

A. For the time being yes. I have financial goals that I want to reach over the next 12 months pokerwise. If i don't make them i'm going to go back to real work. I've been beating the games I play at a pretty good winrate for quite some time now, so I think now is as good a time as ever to give it a shot. I'm back training in the gym several times a week and im hoping that will be beneficial when im putting in long sessions online. I plan on playing half the hours I used to work in the office though!

B. I'm hoping to get into the 1k side event via the boards free ride. If I don't, I may actually do some work at it! If neither of these happen, I'll play some cash!

C. Lol. When I used to update my blog with poker content I found it monotonous. When I have a story I think is funny or have something I want to get off my chest then I sit down and write.

I've actually written a couple of poker strategy articles recently. The first one is a discussion of the trade off between pot control and giving a free card when we have a weakish holding on a draw heavy board.

If I do update it more regularly, I'll be hoping to include alot more content such as the discussion above, as I think for one it will be beneficial for my own game to think about these theoretical scenarios in depth, as well as providing a point of interest for anyone who drops in to read the updates.

hope to see alot of boardsies at this tonight... so far i have rustled up prizes for high-hand and most rebuys!

i think im gonna play tight for this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

Oscar and Lloyd on my table please!

DITTag wrote:
    Oscar and Lloyd on my table please!

stealing all the fun for yourself...! see you there tag!

amongst the special spot prizes:

2 x BLACK COPAG SPECIAL cards
    1 x Celebpoker.com T-Shirt
    1 x Box of tasty tasty penny jellies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

i've got to be in searsons for 9.30 so i'm literally going along to donate. if i build a monster stack is there any way i could give them to someone by means of a raffle or something?

Advertisement