Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citius, Altius, Fortius

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Great report and thanks!

Though some people might consider crewing the equivalent of being the back end of the pantomine donkey, I can honestly say that I had the most amazing time. (For those that don't know, I'm the Sarah in the report).

I was TERRIFIED that I'd be utterly useless before hand - kept that one to myself, I figured that having a hundred miles to run was enough for HM to worry about for one day. Thankfully I've popped my crewing cherry now, granted when you're dealing with people like HM and Niall, it's not difficult!

I tried not too look too gormless, remain somewhat useful for the race and did my best to stay out of trouble....though there was a moment of weakness when seven black, fluffy, waggy-tailed puppies galloped out a gate (if I was speaking now, this would be described in high-pitched, very excited tones) where we had stopped to hand out food and water and I had to call on all manner of constraint not to beg and plead with Niall that we could smuggle them into the back of the car and they could live on cereal bars and gels quite happily).

A big thanks to my friend Reilly as well, who got press ganged at the last minute (she was still jet-lagged) and who a fantastic addition to team HM.

Hm's report does a great job of capturing the spirit and atmosphere of the day. Personally I'd like to thank everyone involved in the race for what, for me, was an unforgettable experience.

It really was so inspiring to see how such an event can bring out the best in people, from those who demonstrate such courage, endurance and good humour whilst running the race to those who took the time to stand outside their gate or even the pub and give a cheer to the passing athletes.

If you ever get the chance to participate or crew in this race then jump on it, grab it with both hands and don't let go! It really is absolutely brilliant.

As before, at the risk of sounding maudlin, it was a big honour to be part of your crew and part of such a great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Brilliant report HM, you make me wanna do crazy things :)

Love the photo HardyEustace, was that the 100k-marker? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

greats photos HM , really nice that you are smiling in them all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

oh my dear lord hm! are you crazy. That is absolutely phenomanal, and I really enjoyed the report. <goes away still shaking his head in disbelief muttering f***in hell> :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Very well done, its an event that I can never see myself doing and find it hard to understand what it take to complete. Very well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Wow, what a fantastic experience and report. I am totally in awe! The photos are brilliant as well - you look so cool and calm, and the scenery is amazing. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Just got to read your race report now HM. INCREDIBLE!! Fantastic achievemnet and in an unbelievable time. Serious KUDOS to you. Kenmare will be a doddle in comparison. :D

Small word too, turns out I think I met 2 of your crew at the last 2 triathlons I did. I believe a friend and I walked to the shower area with Reilly on Sunday in Lough Key and we were chatting to HardyEustace (loaned her a pump I believe) outside registration in Carna.

Advertisement