Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yizzer selves.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Sodoro

Third year student BSc Hons Pharmaceutical Science.

Currently taking a year out and working as QC Analyst in mulitnational pharmaceutical company in the mediterranean!

Returning to Ireland next year to complete fourth year of college!

wish to do further study in biopharmaceutical and/or microbiology sectors....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Sodoro!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭eagle_&_bear

hi all,

I'm John, did a B.Sc (Hons) in physics and chemistry in DIT. kinda hated the course, so went back to do a LLB in law in Griffith which I loved. Went onto the Kings Inns and I'm in the process of qualifying as a Barrister.

I plan on sitting the Gamsats in Dublin 2010 and hopefully going to rcsi

look forward to chatting to you all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 purepwnage

going into 2nd yr mechanical engineering, thinking of doing GEM, mebey UCC or RCSI :)) i suddenly became interested in medicine, im thinking anaestheiologist or surgeon

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Might as well introduce myself, I'm always skimming through this forum...

My name's Wayhey, I'm 18 and going into 6th Year this September... (yeah after TY I know I know I'm ancient...) Hoping to do Medicine after school, or at least something in the field of health care and maybe onto the GEP after that.... that's it I guess! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'm finally happy enough to introduce myself here :)

Hi, I'm Jennie. 18.
    I'm starting Medicine in UCD this year, couldn't be more delighted about that.
    I might lurk a little less and post a little more over here from now on :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

stick around, kiddo. And if you ever wonder how much of all that stuff you'll remember when you qualify...just try asking one of the docs on the forum the answer to an anatomy or an embryology question :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hiya, I'm Elizabeth, I'm 18 and going into RCSI (if points for UCD don't drop in round 2 >_>)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Boethius

Hi all, name is Boethius

never got around to posting in here but thought I should as am starting RCSI GEM in a few weeks
    and will need all the friends/help I can get.

Originally studied mechanical engineering and worked very briefly in medical devices R&D up to this
    which gave me a healthy non perverse interest in research

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Hello! Liam's my name, I'm 18, and this morning I accepted a lovely invitation from Trinity to go study Medicine with them :)

I hope that I can contribute more to this forum as I get a bit more knowledge and experience down the line. For a couple of years though, I'll mainly be asking questions, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Hi all,I'm going into 1st year medicine in Nuig in september(I think it's september anyway).So i suppose I'll be spending more time here from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Hi, my name is Ian, and I'm going to start medicine in Trinity come September. I'm so bloody excited i can't wait.

So I guess to pass the time, I'll tell a joke or two. Who's the most popular guy at the hospital?

The Ultrasound man.
    But what about when he's on holiday?

The hip replacement guy!
    okay, that's all the jokes I know.

Nobody rob my jokes, i want to use them come September to impress the ladies:cool:

That mightn't work but anyway, it's a nice idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

MrPain wrote: »
    Nobody rob my jokes,
    like you robbed them off David O'Doherty?

welcome to the new students :D

we've been trying to encourage more use of the forum by students, so feel free to start/contribute to threads. We won't always be able to help, as you guys are at the stage where you have to know some pretty mental science that a lot of us won't remember :P

But make the forum yours. Have some fun and maybe learn something (or teach the rest of us something!)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭GradMed

Hey, my name is Ronan and I'm just about to enter 2nd year of the UCD graduate medicine course.
    I'm loving the course so far but not too keen on explaining to my anatomy lecturer that I accidentally cut the anterior vagal trunk and oesophagus during my dissection project. If I don't post on the boards again it's a good bet that I’m been used for dissection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭daithi_student

I'm David and i'm a second year student nurse, loving it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Bonjour le David! I saw your name there and got jealous because I haven't posted here yet and felt awfully left out. EDIT: Gave you thanks, just because thanks are nice.

Suppose I'd better contribute. I do medicine in UCC. It's stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I do medicine in UCC.

Do you know a Donnelly in UCC. I met him at this years Irish Institute of Chemistry AGM?
    The only name I remembered because its the same as mine. :pac:
    Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Do you know a Donnelly in UCC. I met him at this years Irish Institute of Chemistry AGM?
    The only name I remembered because its the same as mine. :pac:
    Just curious.

Yes! He's in my class. Nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Never did this.

I'm Dave I studied pharmacy in UCC, starting my pre-reg next week. More interested in the Industrial side of pharmacy than the clinical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Hi all.
    I'm a para, working for an ambulance service.
    I hope to become a RMP sometime in the future.

• Advertisement

It's interesting to read through this thread again. It started 2 and a half years ago, and things have changed for a good few people. Me included. So, it's time to update I reckon.

I'm now a public health registrar, with a HIV subspecialty. I was a paeds trainee when this thread started!

I still do a bit of paeds in the local hospital. Also sometimes do the local refugee clinic. I'm involved in a clinical trials group, which mostly does vaccine trials. BUt I'm also involved in some swine flu research, and some HIV research.

As if I wasn't busy enough, I'm doing a masters degree in public health.

Hoping to work in the field on international development. Main interests are HIV and sexual health in the third world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Hey everyone (again :))
    I'm reapplying this year to do medicine anywheres that'll take me. Applied the year just gone by as a mature student and got 4 interviews but lost out due to lack of hospital experience so taking steps to fix that this year! Also planning on resiting some exams to boost the points, had planned that last year but missed a few due to the interviews. I'm finishing a Gdip, possibly Msc in Biomedicine, and still working in the Pharma side industry of things. I'm also way too much of a lurker and not enough of a contributor on teh forums so must change all that too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Hey everyone (again :))
    I'm reapplying this year to do medicine anywheres that'll take me. Applied the year just gone by as a mature student and got 4 interviews but lost out due to lack of hospital experience so taking steps to fix that this year! Also planning on resiting some exams to boost the points, had planned that last year but missed a few due to the interviews. I'm finishing a Gdip, possibly Msc in Biomedicine, and still working in the Pharma side industry of things. I'm also way too much of a lurker and not enough of a contributor on teh forums so must change all that too :P

why dont you just do the GAMSAT and apply for the 4 year course?

why dont you just do the GAMSAT and apply for the 4 year course?

The main reason is my end degree result wasn't good enough unfortunately.(Missed out by 1%!!) I'd also like the option of summer holidays for a few years though to work up cash for fees etc and 2 extra years of school won't kill me if thats the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

Jessibelle wrote: »
    The main reason is my end degree result wasn't good enough unfortunately.(Missed out by 1%!!) I'd also like the option of summer holidays for a few years though to work up cash for fees etc and 2 extra years of school won't kill me if thats the case.

ah yeah thats really unfortunate, but some of the UK colleges do take 2.2s and you could maybe ask to repeat the last year/modules? (as i gathered i think you were repeating the LC's), but yeah, i think if you want the extra holidays the summers are good to work up the cash, but id say you'd make 3 times as much as an intern :P

Aye, it's something I'm looking into alright. It's funny, it's always something I really really wanted to do, but it wasn't until missing out on the first interview I realised just how much of me is tied into doing it if that makes any sense? I don't think I have ever taken a turn down at interview as hard before!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Good idea Tallaght, things have moved on a bit!

I had just started my final year when this thread started. Since then I've finished my Intern year and I've relocated to Brisbane where I'm a resident in Emergency Medicine. Gonna move back to Ireland for a job next July - in what, I have no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

bythewoods wrote: »
    I'm finally happy enough to introduce myself here :)

Hi, I'm Jennie. 18.
    I'm starting Medicine in UCD Trinity this year, couldn't be more delighted about that.
    I might lurk a little less and post a little more over here from now on :)

Just updating that intro ^
    I'm after switching. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 emz4

Hi im emma. 18.
    Im also starting medicine in Trinity! From everything iv been reading on boards im so excited and cant wait to get started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭HQvhs

Hey! I'm Eoin and I'm starting premed in RCSI in a few weeks! Can't wait to get into things now - so much anticipation!

Advertisement