Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Wispas still on sale?

Options
  • 15-03-2007 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if these are still on the go. I was watching the funny TV ads for them on You Tube and I started feeling all nostalgic about the good old days :confused: and how excited everyone was over Wispa. :D (Easier to please then I suppose!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

They're dairy milk bubbly now methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Yup- Dairy Milk Bubbly it is.

Too bad- I loved the limited edition Wispas that they did from time-to-time: mint and Wispa Gold (with caramel) being my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Heh! I was just talking about these yesterday. AFAIK they have been discontinued. Pity, they were a savage bar of chocolate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think everyone agrees that Dairy Milk bubbly isn't a patch on the Wispas of old!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I believe there is a petition going on to get them back.

bringbackwispa.com or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

I miss wispas so much. they were so... velvety? does that make sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

niamh1975 wrote:
    I miss wispas so much. they were so... velvety? does that make sense
    MMM yes it does:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wispa gold ftw...

dairy milk bubbly sucks in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I thought I saw the mint one not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

i never even noticed that they had gone and i used to love them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

:( i used to love them too..by far the best and the bubbly replacement?? Bullsh1t!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

I hate threads like these!!!
    They remind me of how much nicer chocolate bars were in the olden days and make me want them back:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Wispa Bite were the best - caramel and biscuit. Damn, why did I read this thread, now I want something I can't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I remember when it came out first and the Planet of the Apes series was on TV at the time... I used to always have a Wispa to enjoy while watching it each week.

Apparently they were very tricky for Cadbury's to produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

wispa gold...best bar in the world ever ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bringbackthewispa/signatures-14.html

Sign it people. Let's march on Cadbury's.

We'll march day and night by the big cooling tower,
    They have the plant but we have the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

Apparently they were very tricky for Cadbury's to produce.

how so?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ronano wrote:
    how so?
    The whole aeration process was apparently pretty difficult to pull off.

I'm sure I seen something on the telly about how it was done once...

Nestlé certainly never mastered the art with their Aeros which are horrible... although they strangely work nicely in mint.

mmm... a mint Aero and a packet of king crisps is what I eat to keep me going when I have a night class to teach.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Nestlé certainly never mastered the art with their Aeros which are horrible... although they strangely work nicely in mint.

Never a truer statement my friend.

I know this is a Wispa thread and I hear it get brought up alot but, a bar that disappeared that i am shocked there isn't a bigger outcry is the Top Deck (large size, not the mucky 60c size one ) It was the best Cadbury bar by a country mile and very unique in that there is nothing else like it. It sickens me to see some of the tat they have in the Dairy Milk range yet felt there was no room for the Top Deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I know this is a wWspa thread and I hear it get brought up alot but, a bar that disappeared that i am shocked there isn't a bigger outcry is the Top Deck (large size, not the mucky 60c size one ) It was the best Cadbury bar by a country mile and very unique in that there is nothing else like it. It sickens me to see some of the tat they have in the Dairy Milk range yet felt there was no room for the Top Deck.

I had my girlfriend send me a big bar of Top Deck from Australia not too long back. Mwa ha ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Ya bastid, I have been bullin for a Top Deck for months. Looks like i'll have to do an ebay jobbie.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You can get something similar in M&S. It's called a "Chunky", I think. Assuming they still do them, they're lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

...because he was careless with his wispa!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Ah yet another thread asking where Wispa's have gone. Wake up folks, they are gone off teh Irish market for over 3 years at this stage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I had my girlfriend send me a big bar of Top Deck from Australia not too long back. Mwa ha ha ha
    yea but isn't Australian chocolate kinda crappy compared to ours? coz they add wax to make it less meltable in the heat.

Mmm.....wax.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Wispa Gold ...... *drooool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Wispa Gold was indeed gorgeous.

I miss them.

A lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I hadn't missed them until now!

They were lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

I had a real craving for a mint wispa the other day the dairy milk bubbles just arent the same at all:(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Reckon So

I was very upset when Cadbury's Cookies & Cream bar was discontinued, they only ever had them in the the larger size but they were amazing. Hershey's isn't the same. :(

Advertisement