Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Points of Interest (Upload & Update)

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The following are POIs for Discover Tramore members. A good few GPS supported including Garmin and TomTom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

you can get it from www.mypois.ie, its was downloaded straight to my garmin from the site so dont where I can find the file. Ill have a look tomorrow and attach it here.

Had a look at this site, is there a similar one for tom tom? Or is there some way I can use these on a Tom Tom XL (30 series).... sorry if this is an obvious question - I'm new to the whole sat nav thing (got one for birthday) but the maps etc seem out of date and there aren't a lot of poi's on it. Again, sorry for the newbieness!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭digiman

Would anyone have a GPS list of all the DCI fuel card stations around the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭pissed

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Yes. POIs generated from openstreetmap.org data.

http://downloads.cloudmade.com/europe/ireland

For Garmin download ireland.poi.gpx.zip and do the necessary conversions for POI. (If you use the gpx to send as waypoints, you'll run out of space as most garmin gps can only handle 500->1000 waypoints.)

If there's any errors with any POIs from the gpx, edit the data in openstreetmap.org and they'll be updated within a week.

Wow great site, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Anyone got an Irish Tesco POI listing with all their stores on it? I can only find the UK one on their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Any POI's for the new speed cameras?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

wellbutty wrote: »
    Anyone got an Irish Tesco POI listing with all their stores on it? I can only find the UK one on their website

Available on TT Home , What unit are you looking to put them on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

neacy69 wrote: »

Does anyone know how up to date this POI is?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DocMcC

neacy69 wrote: »

Start and finish with direction (CSV and GPI)

Garmin Speed Cameras 40kmh (2).zip

GPI (includes multiple points along each stretch so as to alert you when you turn onto a stretch in the middle.

Poi.zip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Anyone know how to get Ireland Speed Enforcement zone's for builtin Carminat TomTom, can't seem to find them to download anywhere, searched POI list in TomTom home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

DocMcC wrote: »
    Start and finish with direction (CSV and GPI)

Garmin Speed Cameras 40kmh (2).zip

GPI (includes multiple points along each stretch so as to alert you when you turn onto a stretch in the middle.

Poi.zip

How do you get these to work, do you just drop them in the POI folder on the GPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭keithm1

NUTZZ wrote: »
    How do you get these to work, do you just drop them in the POI folder on the GPS?

I'd like to know the answer myself did you figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭betistuc

Can anyone tell me why the M3 does not show up on my Garmin215W. Despite a recent map update, I still appear to be moving through open space when on this road. All other motorways show up as a reddish line except the elusive M3. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's hard to believe they still haven't included this motorway .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,392 ✭✭✭✭Alun

KoolKid wrote: »
    It's hard to believe they still haven't included this motorway .
    It IS on the latest maps and AFAIK has been for a while.

Advertisement