Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ley Lines over Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Coincidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

Riamfada wrote: »
    Coincidence?

Maybe.We will never know but our Ancestors were a lot more in tune with the envoirment than we are now.....They didnt have the distractions that we have now and had lots more time to themselves

gillad wrote: »
    Maybe.We will never know but our Ancestors were a lot more in tune with the envoirment than we are now.....They didnt have the distractions that we have now and had lots more time to themselves

Ah people do say that but there isnt really much evidence to say that they did. They had other distrcations like being past your life expectancy by 25 and feeding themselves.

I dont buy into the ley lines thing myself. Drawing lines crossed chronologies and ignores other sites.

Riamfada wrote: »
    Ah people do say that but there isnt really much evidence to say that they did.

There is not much evidence to say that they didnt either.
    One piece of evidence is that they built their places of gathering in straight lines.Some people will believe our ancestors were just hunter gatherers and accidently built big structures in straight lines and others will believe that they were more in tune with the earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

gillad wrote: »
    A few months ago i went to the Timoney/cullan stones.There is supposed to be over 300 stones spread out randomly over a wide area with one stone circle.I used google earth and put placemarks on some of the stones to try to make out a pattern but i saw nothing.
    I looked at the leyline map on your post which shows that the pyramids,stonehenge and knocknarea cairn in sligo are in alignment so i decided to see was this correct. I used google earth and put a placemark on all three and when i drew a straight line from the pyramids through stonehenge the line didnt end up in knocknarea,it ended up exactly at the placemark i had put at Timoney.The pyramids and stonehenge point straight to the Timoney stones.
    http://www.megalithomania.com/show/site/247

I understand there is a lot of debate about whether the Timoney stones are actually prehistoric or a 18th century folly.

Also what about all the other sites in ireland (such as Newgrange) that dont line up with this triangle?

bawn79 wrote: »
    I understand there is a lot of debate about whether the Timoney stones are actually prehistoric or a 18th century folly.

Also what about all the other sites in ireland (such as Newgrange) that dont line up with this triangle?

The Triangle on that map doesnt exist as i have already proved because it doesnt end in Sligo,and it doesnt go through Rome and Paris either.

Folly or not,its still alligned with the Pyramids and Stonehenge.I think a better way to look at is, that the Timoney and Newgrange Stone circles point to the Pyramids.....coincidence?maybe but interesting.
    Iv also discovered that this line also goes through Dodana in greece.
    http://www.goddess.org/vortices/notes/dodona.html

Newgrange was built for a specific reason linked to the sun so it may have been built as a stand alone monument.Im not saying they all line up,im just pointing out the ones that do.

It may be a good way to get some tourism into Tipperary:)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

mysterious wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where the ley lines are located, LIke is there a map showing them.

I want to Look if there are leylimes Between Nenagh and Moneygall.

Did you find anything on this since?? I'm on the hunt for something closer to nenagh

Advertisement