Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz 500 on Sat.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

pregame pint in Larrys anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

updates???

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

updates???

Disappointing turnout. 51 runners, mostly decent players.

Tricky table for me: Bohsman, OCallagh, MrPillowFight, Gay Sailor Leslie, Conor Smyth, Bad Bob Battersby, The Jayminator and Michael Muldoon.

Started bad , my JJ v Bohsman's KK on raggy board where I paid off all three barrels. Never really got into the game at all, every board I hit, someone hit just a tad harder. Didn't help that I played awful, weak-passive-calling-station poker. Eliminated during the 150-300 level when I ran JJ into KK again, this time preflop against Michael.

Bad Bob had a big stack when I was leaving, I assume he will take it down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

ul KP. I thought we were all very unlucky with the table draw! The last thing I wanted was absolutely no dead moneyon the table. I thought you played the JJ hand against Oscar quite well only losing 2500 on 6 high board. Oscar played it well too though and value bet it perfectly, tough to get away from IMO.

For the first two levels only small pots were played... Nobody was giving up anything! Bob was very active but he was hitting and managed to take about 50% of the pots down in the first hour.

I busted out in level 2 in a typical car crash but interesting hand. A lad from NI had just moved to our table and was very active preflop. He had made it 300 a few times and in the c/o +1 did so again. I let out a small sigh by mistake under my breath from SB. I was positive Eoin heard it from the button and I knew he was thinking the same thing as I was! Anyway, as expected Eoin calls the 300 on the button, action to me and I look down at AQ. I'm not sure if I should raise there. I'm sure I would have taken the 750 preflop but I got greedy and also hate playing AQ as the aggressor from the SB in case Eoin or the original raiser actually have a hand. I decided to see a cheap flop and hop to get a c/raise in so I called and Leslie did too from the SB. QTx with two diamonds. I had the whole hand planned out... I knew the original raiser was going to bet.. and I knew if Eoin had anything at all he was raising. I checked, c/o+1 made it 1k and Eoin raised to 3500. All going according to plan I thought, but suddenly I wanted to back out! I had expected 600 from c/o+1 and possibly a 2k or something from Eoin... but now I couldn't see Eoin getting away from much with most of his stack in the middle. The only hands I'm behind to are QT KK AA TT QQ. I ruled out AAKKQQTT as Eoin most certainly raises pf with all those hands. QT would just be unlucky.. Anyway I decided to just go with my read and pushed all in. The original raiser folds and Eoin is priced in with K3d. The flush draw hits on the turn...:( The whole hand was a bit bizarre -I dont have a habit of getting 80BBs in with TPTK but it was a mixture of Eoin playing back at the guy from NI and me getting stuck in the middle!

Just back, I went in 16th was a bit unlucky as I played quite well I thought.

I pulled off a couple of nice bluffs and was playing some good power poker in the middle stages of the tourney.

I got up to about 30k at one point but then I button raised with AK a guy jammed for 7k with KJ I called and of course the river ran a Jack. Then I get JJ and make it 1400 Bob with a monster stack makes it 2800, lovely Im thinking heres a double up then the bb also with a monster stack makes it 12k to go and Bob goes to move in before I get a chance to act, I hate to fold but do anyway, Bob has AA and the other guy has KK and all of a sudden Bob has more chips than God.

Bob keeps the shackles on me then as he was on my left everytime I raise he calls and puts me all in on raggy boards when Ive none of it. So down to 16k and a weak player who Ive been living off by snapping off his bets makes it 3500 I move all in on the button with AQ and the sb wakes up with KK, a king on the flop and thats all she wrote.

• Advertisement

ocallagh wrote:
    ul KP. I thought we were all very unlucky with the table draw! The last thing I wanted was absolutely no dead moneyon the table. I thought you played the JJ hand against Oscar quite well only losing 2500 on 6 high board. Oscar played it well too though and value bet it perfectly, tough to get away from IMO.

For the first two levels only small pots were played... Nobody was giving up anything! Bob was very active but he was hitting and managed to take about 50% of the pots down in the first hour.

I busted out in level 2 in a typical car crash but interesting hand. A lad from NI had just moved to our table and was very active preflop. He had made it 300 a few times and in the c/o +1 did so again. I let out a small sigh by mistake under my breath from SB. I was positive Eoin heard it from the button and I knew he was thinking the same thing as I was! Anyway, as expected Eoin calls the 300 on the button, action to me and I look down at AQ. I'm not sure if I should raise there. I'm sure I would have taken the 750 preflop but I got greedy and also hate playing AQ as the aggressor from the SB in case Eoin or the original raiser actually have a hand. I decided to see a cheap flop and hop to get a c/raise in so I called and Leslie did too from the SB. QTx with two diamonds. I had the whole hand planned out... I knew the original raiser was going to bet.. and I knew if Eoin had anything at all he was raising. I checked, c/o+1 made it 1k and Eoin raised to 3500. All going according to plan I thought, but suddenly I wanted to back out! I had expected 600 from c/o+1 and possibly a 2k or something from Eoin... but now I couldn't see Eoin getting away from much with most of his stack in the middle. The only hands I'm behind to are QT KK AA TT QQ. I ruled out AAKKQQTT as Eoin most certainly raises pf with all those hands. QT would just be unlucky.. Anyway I decided to just go with my read and pushed all in. The original raiser folds and Eoin is priced in with K3d. The flush draw hits on the turn...:( The whole hand was a bit bizarre -I dont have a habit of getting 80BBs in with TPTK but it was a mixture of Eoin playing back at the guy from NI and me getting stuck in the middle!

That hand was actually quite interesting, I called purely with the intention of snapping off Michaels cbet and when you dwelled I knew you had to have a real desicion. Michael is the chap who got third in the London EPT this year he is actually a fairly sound chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

Made it back to the final table tomorrow with avg stack of abt 40K. Bob is still there but his big stack has vanished to abt 16k.Not sure about the other players left but it will make an interesting final table as there is some aggro BB defenders left. UL with the AQ pillow I was the KK guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Im still in aswell after a mad night of cards, card dead for hours I decide to double Peter Doherty up with AJ v KK, down to 2k with the blinds at 200-400 I push utg with J6o, run into KK and hit 66, stay shortstacked for a while, see an A on the button so push for 10bbs, sb wakes up with KK bb wakes up with 99, I triple up hitting two aces. Also double up at one stage with KJ v QQ. On 50k going into the FT. Not too happy with the payout structure but pressure from the players about bringing the ft back all paid saw 20% of the field paid, really need to finish in the top 2 to make it worthwile.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What time does this re-start tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Congrats Ciaran and Oscar for making the FT. Good luck to both tomorrow. I went out in 20th. Sick night of cards and barely got a hand all night. Lost 16k of my 20k stack early on when i made a horrendous call with 77 on a J88 board. Got back to 13k and went out on a coin flip with AK v QQ allin preflop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The-Rigger wrote:
    What time does this re-start tomorrow?

7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Take it down oscar!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

best of luck oscar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

dacman wrote:
    Made it back to the final table tomorrow with avg stack of abt 40K. Bob is still there but his big stack has vanished to abt 16k.Not sure about the other players left but it will make an interesting final table as there is some aggro BB defenders left. UL with the AQ pillow I was the KK guy.

good luck today you big luckbox you. Can't believe you chopped with my brother the other night. He might as well be free money!

Good luck today lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

Besta luck Oscar

gl oscar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Ul Flushdraw, best of luck to the two lads Ciaran and Oscar.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Well done to Ciaran who took the big money in a deal between the final 3!

Ciaran: 7500
    2nd: 5500
    3rd: 5500

Not sure who 2nd and 3rd were? congrats to them also..... and well done Ciaran :D

Just in. It was a good final table. Not many flops been seen at any stage despite the chips stacks. I blinded down to about 22k early on from 40k. Then I decided I was going to go for it. Had a series of uncalled all in’s. Then I called an all in with 10 10 vrs A 4 which held up. Then I started to pick up hands and was able to over the top of people raises which were folded. I built up nicely to about 75k which left me comfortable. I then re-raised another raise when I pushed with JJ. Next hand I got AA got it all in with the 4th place guy came over the top all in. I called and he flipped over K 10. Then we were down to 3 and we struck a deal which seems pretty decent to me so I accepted. Well done to everyone who played. Was a good game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

dacman wrote:
    Just in. It was a good final table. Not many flops been seen at any stage despite the chips stacks. I blinded down to about 22k early on from 40k. Then I decided I was going to go for it. Has a series of uncalled all in’s. Then I called an all in with 10 10 vrs A 4 which held up. Then I started to pick up hands and was able to over the top of people raises which were folded. I built up nicely to about 75k which left me comfortable. I then re-raised another raise when I pushed with JJ. Next hand I got AA got it all in with the 4th place guy came over the top all in. I called and he flipped over K 10. Then we were down to 3 and we struck a deal which seems pretty decent to me so I accepted. Well done to everyone who played. Was a good game

Just seen this now. Nice one Ciaran delighted for you. Was just talking with Fergus last night and we both thought you'd take this down. Great result and a nice payday

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great Result!!

Cheers lads.

wp gr8 result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Nice work Ciaran.

luckbox

Advertisement