Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malicious Builder???????

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

We had problems in the year after we moved in and the retention money worked in that Bob sent his little helpers back to fix leaks, electrical problems, sewer problems etc. However, after the retention was handed over, the problems kept on arising and despite Bob's "solemn assurance" that he was a man of honour and that any problems that occured after the retention was handed over would be made right, he ignored our calls and so did his subbies (I guess they were used to my phone number popping up on their mobiles so they ignored it).

I hope this fceker has gone out of business and that he is now begging by the side of the road somewhere due to the grief that he's caused (and still is causing) me through the shoddy work that was done on my house.

In the past 2 years since the retention was handed over, I've had to personally fix the following:

- rewire sockets were wiring had worked loose
    - replace cooker switch after it had fused due to loose wiring coming loose and short circuiting
    - replace shower pull cord switch for similar reason
    - rewire light switches for same reason
    - run new cable to light ring circuit when I found that the insulation had been cut in places (accidental?) and the exposed wiring had become damp in the attic and failed
    - remove all 24 radiators and reseal joints with PTFE tape as they were constantly leaking
    - replace all push fit joints on plumbing as they were leaking (some very heavily)
    - replaced the pump in oil burner after pump wiring had been soaked from condensation dripping from the metal roof of the boiler housing when the access cover for the pump wiring was removed and not replaced by the sparks when he was previously checking for a short circuit.

If I wasn't a good DIYer, I'd be in serious debt by now after paying for tradesmen to fix these problems

I also have a serious leak under the floor that will require digging up the concrete to find the actual leak. This has ruin a wooden floor that warped and buckled from the water coming up. I think I'll get the insurance to handle this as it come be major work to detect the leak.

I never feel comfortable in this house as I'm always waiting for the next problem to appear and if it wasn't for the now dead housing market, I'd have sold the place and moved away from this money pit.

Advertisement