Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargains Bargains Bargains (LCD)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

jarvis wrote:
    It's just a price reduction. You bring in €999 or €699 depending on model, and you leave with 42" or 32" depending on cash you bring.
    It also depends on how quick off the mark you are. You could bring €999 or €699 and leave with €999 or €699. With this early notice, there isn't much of an excuse for anyone who really wants one, to leave with €999 or €699.

It is next Weds and I'll answer questions about how many units that individual stores will have in a later post.

To answer the guy about the alcohol: All the shops have it but they're running out fast!!!!!

Regards

Jarvis:D
    Thanks for that jarvis.:)
    As I thought, I checked with my local Tesco (niece is some sort of manager there) and they're not getting them in. They *may* get 1 or 2 sent down to them but won't know until it arrives.:mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

jarvis, you're a legend, many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

It will be very soon as the details were sent to the advertisers yesterday.

(also the ad sent up was a 32" but model number was from a 42"...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

How does this work for 24-hr stores? Tues/Wed midnight???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

jarvis wrote:
    42pf3331/10 and 32pf3331/10 I'm nearly certain they're correct. actually while typing I realised yeah they are correct..

Jarvis

PS may be this weds but most likely weds week!!!
    I'll keep you informed

Thanks Jarvis, you're a gentleman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

jarvis wrote:
    Hi

Havn't posted here for a while, but these offers will be worth the wait.
    Tesco will soon have a Philips 32" HD ready LCD down from €1099 to €699 and also a 42" HD ready LCD down from €1890 to €999.
    I'll post back when I have details of exactly when.

Cheers
    Jarvis:)

When will tesco have these.Is there anything wrong with these,is that why they are cheap and are the clearing old stock or is it new as im looking to get the 32".
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭muffler

drdre wrote:
    When will tesco have these.
    Read back a bit.

I got one of the famous 32" bargains at Xmas and a great model it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

muffler wrote:
    I got one of the famous 32" bargains at Xmas and a great model it is.

Sigh :( I tried Tescos in Tralee, Killarney, Cork and Waterford and still failed to get one. Missed op there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

@drdre

700 euro's isnt a bargain anymore for 32 inch lcd's, I wouldnt pay anymore than that tbh. You can get a samsung 32 inch lcd for 570 euro delivered off one of the german sites mentioned in the other lcd thread. The fact that you go and go into store and buy the tv there and then, is the only thing really special about that philips tv price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭mobby

What looks like the same model is in power city ATM for €699 also, for those that cannot wait! http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-=4337

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

@drdre

700 euro's isnt a bargain anymore for 32 inch lcd's, I wouldnt pay anymore than that tbh. You can get a samsung 32 inch lcd for 570 euro delivered off one of the german sites mentioned in the other lcd thread. The fact that you go and go into store and buy the tv there and then, is the only thing really special about that philips tv price.

Do you have any links, its actually for my sister she wants a 32 lcd for her room.The cheaper he better but she wants a brand name like samsung.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

mobby wrote:
    What looks like the same model is in power city ATM for €699 also, for those that cannot wait! http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-=4337

Actually, when you go to the checkout, it's 673 quid (Paddys weekend discount).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Well I'm after ordering this one

http://www.topvision-online.de/details.html?item=739922229451112ec4d761&

Came to 622 including delivery and could pay by credit card ( it says +16.00€ Credit Card so i dont know if theres a further 16 euro charge but it wasnt mentioned in the checkout)

This one works out at just over 580 including delivery

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8VaAPE0ZTChsfY/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=8859&agid=568

Payment is by bank transfer

smemon from this thread got the same tv,

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055054914&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

This one works out at just over 580 including delivery

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8VaAPE0ZTChsfY/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=8859&agid=568

Payment is by bank transfer

FWIW I ordered a disk drive from those guys and AIB charged me approx €20 to do the bank transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

In tesco today, the 42" is €1349, model 42pf3331/10 is this the full price reduction or will there be further reduction next Wednesday. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭savemejebus

FWIW I ordered a disk drive from those guys and AIB charged me approx €20 to do the bank transfer

AIB screwed you then, it's been discussed on boards before (search for jes.de and you should find it) but banks should not charge you more to transfer to a bank in the EU than one in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

they charge you more for quick payment or something like that, its only 50c or something for the normal method. Or else that bank teller pocketed 19.50!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 kvw

Hi guys, do any of those Samsung TV's from Germany have picture-in-picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

What model is the 32" philips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 ronanm98

Hi,

Question for those that have bought 32" LCD TV from Germany, whats the story on customs and tax!

Is it safe to get it delivered from Germany? Any problems from anyone?

Thanks Ronan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Donza

ronanm98 wrote:
    Hi,

Question for those that have bought 32" LCD TV from Germany, whats the story on customs and tax!

Is it safe to get it delivered from Germany? Any problems from anyone?

Thanks Ronan.

We are in EU, no worries of customs or taxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

kvw wrote:
    Hi guys, do any of those Samsung TV's from Germany have picture-in-picture?

Depends what you mean...they only have one tuner so you can only have one TV source...but they do have PIP all be it with the tuner and one other source (PC, HDMI or some other input)....you can't watch two different TV channels at once using jut the TV.

Dman001 wrote:
    What model is the 32" philips
    Read previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Donza wrote:
    We are in EU, no worries of customs or taxes.

Whats the story with PRF tho? I know amazon UK wont ship to Ireland because they'd have to pay the PRF, despite already paying it in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 kvw

Wertz wrote:
    Depends what you mean...they only have one tuner so you can only have one TV source...but they do have PIP all be it with the tuner and one other source (PC, HDMI or some other input)....you can't watch two different TV channels at once using jut the TV.

thanks, I know what you mean.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Donza

Whats the story with PRF tho? I know amazon UK wont ship to Ireland because they'd have to pay the PRF, despite already paying it in the UK.

Well as I've understood PRF is something seller is obliged to pay, not you. I don't know Irish legislation well enough to say if these shops in Germany _need_ to pay this but what it says on your order summary in the online store is what you pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

ill take what ever is still there tbh..if they only got 32's left ill get one of them same goes for the 42..but id prefer to get the 42..you say the sale kicks off at 9am..so if i went down there at 8am i couldnt get it for the reduced price..as i cant arrange a car to pick it up after 9am :(

EDIT: actually can anyone comfirm that if i went into a tesco store and purchased my television there..could i get it delivered from them to my house?

IgsTer wrote:
    EDIT: actually can anyone comfirm that if i went into a tesco store and purchased my television there..could i get it delivered from them to my house?
    Why dont you call them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

This was advertised at €629 in the newspaper (Sunday Independent, I think) yesterday: http://www.xtravision.ie/xvElectrical.asp?cid=2&actn=elst

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

i dunno..i just dont think they do deliver anything but groceries..but just tought some one here knew different..maybe jarvis himself?

if they dont..then i can only arrange a pickup after half 5pm or so..do yous think they will still ahve some 42's and 32's in stock around that time..or wil they be all snatched up :(

Advertisement