Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GJP €300 game - Sunday 11th March

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I think yous should go double or quits, me vs lloyd for the io! since lloyd thinks I'm such easy money...:p

edit, lloyd should have taken smurph!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

how does this only get 46 runners i dont know??? it was the best run/structured tournament i have played in. this should really get 80+ imo every month, where was everyone today?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

how does this only get 46 runners i dont know??? it was the best run/structured tournament i have played in. this should really get 80+ imo every month, where was everyone today?

Reasons stated above Joe - if I was a student with little interest in the biggest online tournaments on the inter - web I would be there no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Numbers were down due to Vegas Nights I think it was Vegas Nights running a tournament in Dundalk. On a good note the change of Venue for the Northern Ireland Poker Championships to the City North Hotel, Gormanstown, will be a great chance for the lads to advertise for the GJP Festival in May,

The game, was a dead duck from beginning to end for me, and i made a stupid move with AJ suited and was gone early, early enough not to bother waiting around for Dinner:o Martin lasted longer until his AK ran into pocket queens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Went out in 12th got involved in a monster pot of 45K with Kx on a K J 8 board knew he was playing with the jacks, a lot of action on flop and turn with a jack hitting the river giving him trips. Was left with about 8k behind, a few orbits later down to about 6.5K and pushed with KQ to be called with AJ and gonesky with an A on flop.

Very suprised with the low turnout for this as for me (unbiased opinion) this along with the SE start of month is the best structure around for players and Mike/Brian/Tom run a very good tourney.
    There is always next month.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Results?

What time did this finish up at?

not sure BCB i left soon after, they only got down to a ft at 12.30, will find out and post later today

1st and 2nd was chopped for 3k each - Terry Grimley from Armagh and my fellow DrogCrewPoker player Baz Hand (++% of his action get in there) well done
    3rd JP Woodlock from Dublin
    4th Frank Mc Cormack from Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

finished at 4am

What time did it start at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Just to concur to what some others have said, if this was on a Saturday I would probably play every month. As it is, with work on a Monday morning, its just not feasible to travel to Drogheda and back.

• Advertisement

What time did it start at?
    started at 3.30pm so a good 12 hours of poker played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

1st= Terry Grimley & Baz Hand €4700 Cash split plus a festival €1000 ticket each
    3rd JP Woodfull €1750
    4th Frank McCartney €1200
    5th David Lynsky €950
    6th Chris Cooke €750
    7th Gary Robb €300

This is never going to be on a Saturday as getting a hotel regularly is a impossible.

It has also never started as late as 4.30pm as stated in a post earlier in this thread - that may have been a Festival side event which had different starting times.

Lack of numbers was due in some part to CPT in Dundalk and JP Poker in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

1st and 2nd was chopped for 3k each - Terry Grimley from Armagh and my fellow DrogCrewPoker player Baz Hand (++% of his action get in there) well done
    3rd JP Woodlock from Dublin
    4th Frank Mc Cormack from Dundalk

Ul Fran and well done Baz. You werent at our dinner table but when there was 32 left and we broke for break, i said that the winner would come from this dinner table (there was 5 there still in) and no-one would take the bet...Baz even laughed about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It was good tournanment with a nice structure.

There was great craic (if only you could bottle it!) to be had in the cash game, probably the best I've had at a poker table, thanks for a great nights entertainment.
    Niall Murphy and Brendan McKenna are a comedy duo! :D

Sat down at 9:30pm, 'for 30 minutes', crawled out at 5am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

One cash game hand

SB €1
    BB €2
    straddle 1 €6
    straddle 2 €12
    straddle 3 €24
    straddle 4 €50
    straddle 5 €100

The next guy to act pushes all in for €450. Action came back to me and i seriously condisered calling the all in with Q9os for some very weird reason. I didnt thankfully and then the action came back to the BB niall the straddle man who also folded.Easiest €200 the all in guy made ever. The play generally went like this all night. Twas some craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Hi All.
    I'd just like to share my amazement that there were only 44 runners for this event :confused: . As was posted earlier this is one of the top two regular monthly tournaments for value in my view. 44 runners and 12.5 hours of poker, speaks for itself!!.

I'm not sure what the reason is but i'm certain that the numbers will creep up for this in the near future. On a personal note I somehow managed to get into money (6th), I think I only played 2 hands in 100 minutes at the final table(nothing new there!):( . Totally card dead.

Well done to Baz, he played very well at final table.

Keep up good work at GJP.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Russh wrote:
    I'd just like to share my amazement that there were only 44 runners for this event :confused:...
    ...I'm not sure what the reason is but i'm certain that the numbers will creep up for this in the near future

Reasons for lack of attendance are set forth earlier in this thread. It is a cracking tourney though - no arguements on that score.

Well done on cashing btw. You're always spotted deep in these events.

Flushdraw wrote:
    Ul Fran and well done Baz. You werent at our dinner table but when there was 32 left and we broke for break, i said that the winner would come from this dinner table (there was 5 there still in) and no-one would take the bet...Baz even laughed about it!

Yeah Tony Baz is hitting some form won a tourney Friday night, chopped this on Sunday and won another event on the Monday for 1.3k, i am reaping the rewards of our % deal at the moment however i am waiting for the bigger pay out in the NI Championship and the Open :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Yeah Tony Baz is hitting some form won a tourney Friday night, chopped this on Sunday and won another event on the Monday for 1.3k, i am reaping the rewards of our % deal at the moment however i am waiting for the bigger pay out in the NI Championship and the Open :D

Its about time you pulled your socks up and gave him a digout! He;s defo a form horse at the moment, winning everything in site. Hopefully he does well in the NI Champs and i hope to see yous down there

Advertisement