Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argosy 320 GB Divx Harddrive Price: € 159,95

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I ordered it too but my order is still in progress. The money has been charged to my credit card though.

I've never ordered from them before so I mailed them on Friday to see if I could get more detail than 'in progress'. They replied yesterday and said the order hadn't shipped yet but I'd get a confirmation email when the product was being sent out.

I had asked for a tracking number and name of the courier too but they didn't mention this as it hasn't been shipped yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tip with iBOOD..

.. you'll be waiting an average of 5 - 7 business days before anything is shipped.

Bought one of the 2000 iBood Boxes which sold out in under 30 minutes on Saturday.. cost me €14.95 (excl. shipping) and god knows what'll be in it.

But they apparently had some great stuff in their New Years Box - iPod Shuffle and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

basquille wrote:
    Tip with iBOOD..

.. you'll be waiting an average of 5 - 7 business days before anything is shipped.

Bought one of the 2000 iBood Boxes which sold out in under 30 minutes on Saturday.. cost me €14.95 (excl. shipping) and god knows what'll be in it.

But they apparently had some great stuff in their New Years Box - iPod Shuffle and stuff.

The new years stuff cost quite a bit more €60+ ... I'll no doubt wait to hear how you get on with it .. send us a pm when you know more of what was in it ? ...

forbairt wrote:
    The new years stuff cost quite a bit more €60+ ... I'll no doubt wait to hear how you get on with it .. send us a pm when you know more of what was in it ? ...
    Yeah.. i realised that alright.

But the total value of the box contents generally is a fair bit more than the cost price.

e.g The New Year's box was €49.95 (excl. delivery) but someone reported getting the following in it:
    - iPod new generation shuffle
    - swiss army knife
    - 2 big big candles
    - hugo boss eau de toilette

The iPod Shuffle alone is €89 on the iPod store. Hoping for something good - will let ye know here when it does eventually arrive anyways. Having it sent to my work this time after the fiasco with "Interstink" last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I had seen that ... but found it a bit hard to believe ... maybe its their way of giving "share dividends" so to speak ... :)

I question the comments on the ibood site as well "nice ibood" ... "good ibood" ... "not for me" ... the comments seem strange to me ...

Sorry for dragging topic a bit off ...

still happy with my 2gb TrekStor mp3 player from them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

Ya got that 2gb mp3 player as well. I actually can't bare to read any of the comments anymore. There just plain stupid... It's like a 5yr is posting the stuff.

Here is a few examples from todays ibood

I’ll take it for this price!
    I’ll buy this one for my boyfriend’s birthday
    This is what I call ‘A watch’. I’m buying it!
    Funny, first a perfume, now a watch! iBOOD is making me ready for a date ;)
    Sweet!
    Cool!
    I missed it the last time, so this is my chance :-)

the comment for the birthday and the last one are really trying to persuade you into buying I think

Definitely agree about the fishy comments.. myself and a co-worker were talking about that just the other day.

One example being iBOOD had a Bluetooth dongle recently for a very meh pricetag of €9.99 (excl shipping of €12.50! :eek:). And you had loads of comments saying "great price, iBood" etc. Couldn't help but think "you do realise it's not a great price.. and it's an even worse price when you take shipping into account" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Got a reply today to say "The reason that your order is still in progress, is that we didn’t receive the 320GB HDD from our supplier yet." Not sure what this means time wise, as they didn't say when they were expecting them from the supplier.

I emailed them today and asked when they expected to ship my order. I got the following in response.

We expect to send it today to your office. Because our supplier had some problems with the delivery.

<my name>
    <my address>

Hopefully I informed you enough.

I don't know if that means they were sending it out today or it was to be delivered. In any case I didn't get an email about it being shipped nor did it arrive at my office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

From their info Page :

Are packages also delivered during the weekend?

This is entirely dependent upon whether or not your courier has had a heavy Friday afternoon at the pub. It is most likely that delivery will only take place during working days.

LMAO

• Advertisement

Got an email to say it was shipped - can't imagine it'll be here before the weekend, but at least its on the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

I ordered on a weds, got it on a monday morning. probably the same for you.

mine arrived today.

haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Got mine today too. It's bloody tiny...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I still have not got this delivered , got an email on the 15th march saying it was shipped , should I be worried or will I give em another while ? (ordered it on 7th March)

I also have not received it yet, also got the email on the 15th to say it was shipped. Emailed ibood yesterday to see if they have a tracking number or anything but no reply yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 66o66o

Just Got mine Today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

got mine

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

Got mine today also.
    Jesus christ it's loud!!!
    It's like a small Hoover next to my TV.
    I was all set to send it back but someone said that the fan can be disconnected, so I'm going to try that. If it over heats then **** it.
    Played a movie on it a while ago and the quality is brilliant, I had to put a few pillows over the Hard drive to muffle the noise so I could actually hear the TV.

Later

My Argosys wasn't loud when i first got it but makes an awful noise when it starts up but quiet when it gets to the file-screen.

PS - actually this thread reminded me.. i ordered an iBOOD box almost 2 weeks ago now and it still hasn't shipped! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Got mine last night ..it was dropped into a neighbours house as there was no-one home ... have not had time to check it out yet though ....

Finally got mine today. I am impressed with the Argosy, not so much with ibood or interlink - talk about bad customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/iboodSpecs.php
    Back in stock today on Ibood for €139.95
    Everyone who got one last time still happy with theirs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They sure seem to get loads of them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

mine still deadly. we watched a ton of things on it just today.
    this one is advertised as version 2, can't see any differences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

How does this work? Does it have a scart socket that you can plug into your TV and then robert's your father's brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

DaveMcG wrote:
    How does this work? Does it have a scart socket that you can plug into your TV and then robert's your father's brother?

Yeah pretty much. It comes with composite and component cables. It has a scart socket too... I think. I have a memup media drive which looks absolutely identical so I'm guessing the outputs on the back are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

does anyone know if this plays X264 files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

ordered one - sweet. was looking for an ext HD - but this bad boy suits even better!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

does anyone know if this plays X264 files?

It doesnt

Advertisement