Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROG - too big for his own boots

Options
  • 04-03-2007 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Anyone else think Ronan O' Gara is a tad smug - or is it the whole leinster and munster section of the Ireland game.
    Basically they played crap against the French and didnt deserve to win and then they beat an incredibly poor England team with a massive psychological advantage anyone else remember their mediocre performance against Wales.I know i sound like a begrudger but basically they threw away a grand slam.
    As for ROG he thinks his **** dont stink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

yeah you do sound like a begrudger, shoo shoo back to your cage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

capslocked wrote:
    As for ROG he thinks his **** dont stink.
    What has he said or done to make you feel this way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

jealousy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 capslocked

I think Jonny Wilkinson is the best and probably unluckiest outhalf in the worl.
    No comparison between him and ROG, and i'm not jealous of him.
    You wont hear him complaining about everything the whole time either.

JW is a very good Outhalf - I would agree possibly the best, and certainly highly unlucky, but I don't understand what you are trying to say about ROG. Do you not rate him, or do you not like him? I have to say the point of your argument just seems to be a jealous rant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 capslocked

I wouldnt rate him the way he rates himself - I think he should say less and concentrate on his kicking

capslocked wrote:
    I wouldnt rate him the way he rates himself - I think he should say less and concentrate on his kicking
    well I'd have to disagree - with the exception of JW there isn't a better kicking FH on the planet.
    He's high-profile, he's gonna get interviewed a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

davyjose wrote:
    well I'd have to disagree - with the exception of JW there isn't a better kicking FH on the planet.
    He's high-profile, he's gonna get interviewed a lot.

Id have to disagree with that,have u seen dan carter kicking recently?Its amazing.Hes also a lot better tan the both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

There is no point ot this thread!!!

Is ROG to big for his boots? and no attached article or any specific comment he made. You make no points, complaining of what the whole time????

Are capslockeds topics to pointless for this forum I would more like to debate?

PS I dont know if the OP has ever enjoyed a good diet as per a pro rugby player but I think his sh1t probably dont smell half as bad as somenes breath!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Troll.

• Advertisement

It is as the OP suggested begruding nonsense.

What specific comment did ROG make that he should have been goal kicking instead of making?

They are contractually obliged to do PR and give interviews.

What is he always complaining about? The food in camp? Begrudging fools in the press?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

As far as I know, he has a shoe deal with Adidas and they custom make his boots. I dare say they're a perfect fit.

Back to your cave, troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Never liked O'Gara's personality. But I can't say anything bad about how he's played over the last 18 months. He shoots his mouth off true - but he back's it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

He can be a smug git for all I care as long as he keeps playing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭shmaido

I'm a little confused, whats he said now? I can only remeber the one comment that was seen as offensive, it was proven to be true tho and even so he appologised profusely for it.

are there any links etc to what he's been saying or is this just a general b1tchfest? are we now blaming ROG for losing the grand slam? is OP venting some hurt?

as for my 2c - always thought of him as kinda like the Roy Keane of rugby, bit of an arseh*le but very good at what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

shmaido wrote:
    is OP venting some hurt?
    The OP is probably an England supporter still smarting after Croker ...or it might be David Humphreys mum.

As far as I know, he has a shoe deal with Adidas and they custom make his boots. I dare say they're a perfect fit.
    Just got this :D

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

We just want him to shut his Damn Cake hole once and for all!!
    Nothing good comes of it, he should only talk on the pitch, in fact he should not even talk to his missus!!

She will testify the damn smug git does nothing but moan about everything!

ROG more kicking and less moaning! Gosh Darnit!

Do I need a smiley of some sort to go with this one?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

No - but you are correct.

Diamondmaker for mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 mogsy

ROG what a legend!!

MOD EDIT: Attachment deleted. What he gets up to in his personal life is of no concern to this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

"...and then... *hiccup* *sway* i hoofs the bleedin thing over the bar an they all love it! can i walk youse girls to my house, then?"

mogsy wrote:
    ROG what a legend!!

Haha! look where the hands going, the sly dog

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its blatently not his hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

shmaido wrote:
    I'm a little confused, whats he said now? I can only remeber the one comment that was seen as offensive, it was proven to be true tho and even so he appologised profusely for it.

What was that? Not the comment on the english league?

What was that? Not the comment on the english league?

well yeah, how many other ones has he made? I don't actually know so please correct me, the one I'm on about that caused a caffufle before the leicester match, then he bet them with a last minute kick, then he appologised for it (the comment not the kick)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Once ROG keeps playing as he is at the moment I dont really care. Just watch the games and give the interviews a miss if it upsets you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

ROG has always carried himself with a bit of a swagger, but as an out half you certainly need to keep confident. I've seen Ronan kick some massive pressure kicks- he gives alot of credit for his improvement to Wilkinson whom he trained with in the Lions tour in 2001 and 05 which is quite humble IMO. Certainly O Gara wouldn't rate himself higher than the master but I get a feeling he enjoyed showing Jonny how far he's travelled and closed the gap last week. I've been very disappointed with Stephen Jones this year at outhalf I no longer rate him as world class. Dan Carter is a fine footballer indeed only time will tell if he's as good as Wilkinson who when you consider has missed 3 years his 6 nations scoring is phenomenal.
    And what about that time last April when RoG scored a try and ran into the crowd....ok I'll stop there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

shmaido wrote:
    well yeah, how many other ones has he made? I don't actually know so please correct me, the one I'm on about that caused a caffufle before the leicester match, then he bet them with a last minute kick, then he appologised for it (the comment not the kick)

Shame in didnt make the same comment at thomond park so. Wasnt he talking about how poor the english league is though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Swagger? Smug? He should keep his mouth shut? What the hell are you idiots talking about? What the hell is wrong with Irish people anyway? "Be gorra, be gosh, he be gettin' too big for his boots to be sure, to be sure. Ah we'll take him down a peg or two with our witty rejoinders and baseless accusations."

Morons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement