Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Information on importing classic from the USA

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 gines_

Cheers lads!

It took UK customs 2 or 3 days to release it. The car got delivered about 10 days later.

Heres some pics of work in progress:
    685e.jpg
    alg3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

well wear, and thanks for the shipping company link.
    I'm looking at importing a classic pickup sometime this year, and that company seems cheaper than the ones I was looking at

Can anybody confirm if the 5% vat for a classic car imported from the US through the UK still applies? Is a UK address necessary or could it be shipped via Belfast, for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Can anybody confirm if the 5% vat for a classic car imported from the US through the UK still applies? Is a UK address necessary or could it be shipped via Belfast, for example?

VAT is paid at the local rate wherever it lands. I paid mine in Felixstowe through Kingstown Shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

The car must be 100% original to get the 5%, any modifications and you pay the 20% UK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement