Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Carlow Nationalist

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good job!

I don't get people's points about replicas being used for armed robberies... Firstly, if someone walked into a shop with a scissors and asked for the cash, most people would give it to them. Secondly, and most importantly -- if someone uses an airsoft gun to rob a shop, they will rightfully go to jail just the same as if they used a real gun!!! It doesn't make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

DaveMcG wrote:
    Good job!

I don't get people's points about replicas being used for armed robberies... Firstly, if someone walked into a shop with a scissors and asked for the cash, most people would give it to them. Secondly, and most importantly -- if someone uses an airsoft gun to rob a shop, they will rightfully go to jail just the same as if they used a real gun!!! It doesn't make a difference.

Cheers. Believe it or not I have heard of garages and shops being robbed with all kinds of objects. The fact is that anything you can lay your hands on is a potential weapon - its one of the first things you learn in self defence and often one of the first things any bouncer will tell you.

Its the intent rather than the object that is the crime.

whether you can prove that in the court of media opinion is another thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

its something that should be mentioned though

Advertisement