Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Performance car Insurance under 25

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Cyrus wrote:
    i dont think thats correct. you get an initial quote but once you put in your name etc and choose the car model it tells you they cant quote this car over the internet as its a sports car

I've not followed through on the quote for the RX-8.

However, I've saved fortunes in the past insuring a 1.8 turbo A6 and my current 2.0 Turbo Saab at non turbo prices.

Going on that basis I would expect the above quotes for the RX-8 to hold up.

Edit: Just followed through and it baulked at the RX-8. But, still there is an opportunity e.g. it does allow a sub 8 second 93 2.0T Saab as a normal 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Dunno why but going through a brokers seems to work out cheaper
    I got insured with Hbernian on a 1.8 astra coupe through top quote brokers in letterkenny for €750 as a 25 yr old...also heard that Mike Murphy Brokers / insure.ie are decent for high powered cars.
    You can also lower your premium by putting a lower risk person (e,.g Gf,mother etc!!) as a named driver on your car.

I'd post up numbers for top quote but i'd probly get done for advertising on this over-regulated/over-censored forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

slickmcvic wrote:
    I'd post up numbers for top quote but i'd probly get done for advertising on this over-regulated/over-censored forum.

There's a difference between advertising and recommending.

Advertisement