Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Same Tractor

• 27-02-2007 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts of on the SAME tractors. 89/90 4WD, whats the reputation of them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Very bad tbh.

The Explorer 90 is well known for having an inadquate clutch for loader work, while some of the later Rubins gave the most brutal electronic trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

maidhc wrote:
    Very bad tbh.

The Explorer 90 is well known for having an inadquate clutch for loader work, while some of the later Rubins gave the most brutal electronic trouble.

Thanks Madhc. I Wasnt sure about them. You see i think they Massey Ferguson 390 , allthough firecly reliable is very over priced for what u get. What would you recommened for reliablity 4wd just handling round bales wiht front loader.

tred wrote:
    Thanks Madhc. I Wasnt sure about them. You see i think they Massey Ferguson 390 , allthough firecly reliable is very over priced for what u get. What would you recommened for reliablity 4wd just handling round bales wiht front loader.

The 390s make really really silly money.

We have always had Fords (and one Zetor), the most recent being a NewHolland TS115 that we bought new in 2000. None of them have ever given any trouble, although they do very little work.

How much are you spending? The only tractor I have ever heard lots of horror stories about is the Same really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peadair 11

imo the deutz-fahr for the buck with the dollars. Quick, Reliable and economical. They are begining to make a name for themself. .
    For something more reasonable a Hurlimann tractors.

Never had any trouble with one and have done an awful lot of heavy work them, even tho Hurlimann was acquired by SAME, they are an excellant tractor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

SAME seem to be quite rare (in Dublin anyway). The only one I know is on a construction site.

John Deere seem to have 90% of the market here.

• Advertisement

SAME seem to be quite rare (in Dublin anyway). The only one I know is on a construction site.

John Deere seem to have 90% of the market here.

There were a lot of SAME tractors sold in east cork, until the dealer, rather sensibly, switched to selling Class. Not sure how the Class are faring though.

The SAME was quite cheap in comparison to a JD or NH.

Mostly JD and NH down here in reasonably equal shares i would suspect. MF are starting to make a comeback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

maidhc wrote:
    MF are starting to make a comeback.
    Yes, I noticed that in the last few years especially with the 62/63 and 82/83 series. I think I saw an MF8400 recently but I'm not certain. It was covered in muck and going like the clappers, so I didn't get a good look at it.

I suppose the popularity of JD here is due to a major dealer, Derek Plant, http://www.dplantfarm.com/ being in the area.

maidhc wrote:
    The 390s make really really silly money.

We have always had Fords (and one Zetor), the most recent being a NewHolland TS115 that we bought new in 2000. None of them have ever given any trouble, although they do very little work.

How much are you spending? The only tractor I have ever heard lots of horror stories about is the Same really.

I think they are crazy money as well. 95 390s over 20k wiht front loaders.

Were looking at something around 89/90 4Wd. thanks for all the info lads, ill check that website. we like the John deeres as well, but here in Galway, we find the market tight enough and they can charge what they like at the dealers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

the 390 is expensive but still the best all rounder at the moment for what you want it to do. the parts for it are cheap and easily available. there is no funky electrics so ANYONE can repair it. the pto was strong as was the rest of the tractor. SDF parts are dear and really only available for dealers who are also the only people who want to repair them. also the second hand value of the MF390 will always be high. SDF prices are not as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭adne

What are yer thoughts on the SAME 100.4 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

SAME were popular in this region a good few years ago but seem to have disappeared from the scene lately,

any views on either kubota or mccormick ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

If it was me and I was looking for a no-nonsense tractor I would definitely consider Kubota. I have heard good thinks about them - read a few good reviews also. They are newish to the country and so a little unknown. Japanese made also, so can't be that bad.

http://www.murphymachinery.ie/view_products.asp?secid=1

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭tvo

Agree with tred the 390 is over priced. Am in the market for something in this bracket also 80-100HP for loader work. Anyone any thoughts on tractors outside the main 3, e.g. Zetor Landini Deutz or other makes in that fit the profile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭locha

Adne - are you referring to the Antares 100.4 or the Silver 100.4. A huge difference between the two. The Antares 100.4 I would stay well clear of the Silver seems to be quite a good machine. A lot of farmers/contractors around me have Same's and in general they are quite happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

get a fiat 90-90 or 100-90 or even a f100. they were probably one of the best tractors around in the early nineties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

get a fiat 90-90 or 100-90 or even a f100. they were probably one of the best tractors around in the early nineties.
    100-90 a bloody great tractor if i had money and they were makeing them again i would not hesitate .:cool:

if you gave us your budget it would be eaiser to find a tractor or advise what you could get for that sort of money.

locha wrote: »
    Adne - are you referring to the Antares 100.4 or the Silver 100.4. A huge difference between the two. The Antares 100.4 I would stay well clear of the Silver seems to be quite a good machine. A lot of farmers/contractors around me have Same's and in general they are quite happy.

hey locha, referring to the Silver 100.4... looking at a 96 model

if you gave us your budget it would be eaiser to find a tractor or advise what you could get for that sort of money.

budget is 10K... looking for a 90-90 but could not source one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭locha

Adne- The Silver 100.4 is a big improvement on the Antares. Has it had a loader on it? How many hours is on it? Last year I traded in a 95 Antares 100 and got fook all for it but it was still a good workhorse. PM me if you have any more questions.

• Advertisement

you shouls get a 90-90 easily for 10k with a bit of looking

Been looking for few months and are hard got in fair conditon for 10K

• Registered Users Posts: 35 slaxbolts

mate try the fords..the old ones do go for big money e.g 6610 7610 7810.....but are hugely reliable great for loader work and contract and farm work...if oyu were looking for bigger that 100hp id try tw15 or tw20 i think there called...the ones with the very long bonnet...they go for only about 5 grand!!!!#

check them out on donedeal..

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/trucks/923970

but this one is 160hp....so a big tractor!! lol..

anyone know much about the FIAT TRACTOR 82 / 94 .... would it be up to pulling a 7.5 tonne machine??

• Registered Users Posts: 35 slaxbolts

mate a friewnd of mine had a 82 94 and he sold it for a landini vision 95 now he was generally cutting silage spreading slurry agitating and on the wrapper with both tractors the 82 94 will pull a 7.5 tonne machine but it would want to be on a small lowloader...

After buying a 92 100-90 for little under 10K, bit of rust nothing major

Well folks, in the end bought a 2001 Same Explorer II 90 with loader from uk. Went over myself a year ago when sterling was good exchange. It came with a MX Loader. And dealer provided 2 brackets for any implements. So far so good. ITs rock solid. The one i bought had the clutch replaced as the prev owner reported it slightly slipped. It took me ages to find one with small hours. but eventually did. Were delighted with it so far anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Hey tred was just wondering how you are getting on with the same and would you reccamend 1 also roughly how much was it and what hours were on it had you any bother getting it back over here do you have the dealers name or ph no or website many thanks

• Advertisement

ellewood wrote: »
    Hey tred was just wondering how you are getting on with the same and would you reccamend 1 also roughly how much was it and what hours were on it had you any bother getting it back over here do you have the dealers name or ph no or website many thanks

Hey Ellewood, sorry about the delay i didnt keep an eye.
    Shes being a great machine. We got a great loader with it and buckey and 3 brackets. fierce easy to start. As there air/oil cooled, seems to be a little bit heavier on the diesel, not a lot.
    there was a new clutch allready put in this one. Brother had a contact in getting it back there are plenty of lads heading over with trucks, who ideally want a trip back with something. about 500 to bring it back. ours was a 2001, and he payed about 13 sterling for it with the loader. They were looking for 28k euros for same one in tuam with loader no lie.
    Euro Sterling was good that time as well.
    Savage small hours in it as well. We bought it off a crowd called Askham motors in penrith.
    They dont have a lot for sale second hand. Lots of dealers aroudn there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Suckler

Antone have any experience with Valtra Valmets? Looking at 6400 or 6600. What are they like for loader work? will be used for cutting silage, spreading muck and shifting bales in the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 neil40

just asking if anyone would know where i could find a cab for a 90 explorer

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MPK2

I'm looking for a left hand door for a Same Leopard 85, 2WD,
    The frame only will even do, I have all the glass but the hinges have rotted.
    Any idea where I might get one, or who might be scrapping one of these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

MPK2 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a left hand door for a Same Leopard 85, 2WD,
    The frame only will even do, I have all the glass but the hinges have rotted.
    Any idea where I might get one, or who might be scrapping one of these?
    lad in galway makes them but you will have to get new glass for his doors

A lad that does welding for me make 2 for a same and he reused the original glass. But he didn't charge your man 1/2 enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1 belltex4000

Is there much problems with same explore 80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭king_m

Is there much problems with same explore 80
    Had a 1987 one here for the last 10 years never had any issues with it. Like any same tractor the clutch would be deemed it's weakest attribute. They tend to average about 4k hours before replacing.

Advertisement