Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Through Hell And High Water

Options
  • 23-02-2007 2:35pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been watching this series over the last few days and I have to say I enjoyed it,i have absolutely no sailing boating experience but I still taught it was a good series.

I have one question that may be obvious to anybody with sailing/boating experience,why do they run this race in the winter months...?Surley it would make more sense to run this race in the summer...?This was not explained on the TV,I am sure there is a good reason for it but for the life of my I cant think of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I imagine that it's to try and get the best of the trade winds to push the boat a bit further. Also in Summer the temp would be worse for them to work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

I think that it is mainly to avoid the Hurricane Season on the far side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

wanna share the cost of a boat Dub13, you can take it out of your poker winnings!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

If only it was that easy Doc,some of the kids/students seem to think poker is like that.

Advertisement