Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualify For The Irish Open & Watch The Champions League @ S.E

Options
  • 17-02-2007 6:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi,

Your Chance to qualify for the Irish open this Tuesday 20thFeb at the Sporting Emporium

Buy in €150 + €15

With 1 Re-buy or Top-up, €150

Starting Stack 3,500
    Re-buy or Top-up 5,000

20/30min levels

We have 44 players already registered for this game and we must cap it at 120 so please come early to avoid disappointment.

Cards in the air 8:30 pm
    The poker floor will be open from 7pm for single table satellites and registration.

Watch the Champions League football on all the Plasma’s as you play.

I’ll wish you all the best of luck for this tournament now as I won’t be there.
    I have a prior engagement in Glasgow watching Celtic destroy Milan. (I hope)

John.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Who is going along to this? I might make my first poker outing in over a week (shock horror) to attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

5starpool wrote:
    Who is going along to this? I might make my first poker outing in over a week (shock horror) to attend.

I'm in Dom.

As is modmuffin and Mickste and quite a few other boardsters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

nevermind the champions league. The Chief is on Sky tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

nevermind the champions league. The Chief is on Sky tonight!!

Playing the SE myself tonight. I'll record the chief on sky tonight because it might be fun to watch it twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

surely they`ll put the chief up on the TV in the SE tongiht?? i think im goin in for this...

• Advertisement

I presume this will not have 4% of the prizepool taken for the SE "freeroll" league final? If it does I won't be playing.

5starpool wrote:
    I presume this will not have 4% of the prizepool taken for the SE "freeroll" league final? If it does I won't be playing.

My understanding is that there will be no deduction tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

last longer anyone? bcb i dont think u should be involved in this , the added pressure might mean you wont make it past the first level again:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭DocO

never mind the chief being on sky, gettin a chance to play against the man in the flesh is an opportunity that cant be passed up on!!!

im in! yeh mick, for how much? chat ya b4 the off bout it anyways

managed to win a satellite, a last longer, but no feckign ticket! played pretty well all night just lost a race with AQ v JJ with 11 people left when he called my all in. Of course poker being the sick game it is, i get QQ the next hand when i have 1000 chips and blinds at 1K-2K 100 ante, beat 25 just abotu after a 34 flop, then i push again for 2300 from the SB this time. QQ again! AAK36 flop and KQ beats me....sick...sick. very disappointed to go so far and not get anything to show for it.
    Seen an amazing hand. I and 4 others at the tbale have c 10-15K blinds 800-1600 (75), theres a raise from Mick the Lip and a call from SB. flop in Tc8c3s. Guy bets out, mick the lip goes ALL IN for like 65K!, the guy then who is the other CL, CALLS! for ALL his chips 50K, he shows 66:eek: and mick the lip has AT and holds up for a monster pot! i said id probably have folded TT in that spot both of them so comfortable in chips it was unreal.
    Anyway no ticket...boo-urns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Won a ticket tonite ! My best play of the night was somehow gettin the chief to
    Fold his AJ of spades on a 9h 2s 3s board.I of course had 54 off !! Anyway will be great to play in the open !!

Goldcupfav wrote:
    Won a ticket tonite ! My best play of the night was somehow gettin the chief to
    Fold his AJ of spades on a 9h 2s 3s board.I of course had 54 off !! Anyway will be great to play in the open !!

Congrats on the ticket. You were one of my 5 picks i had with Alex when there were 20 left. I got knocked out by a complete donkey. About 26 left and blinds at 300/600. Donk raises to 1700. I pop it up to 4400 with KK. Folded around to him and he instacalls. Flop is 988 with 2 diamonds. He pushes for about 25k. I have 14k and i call. He turns over Jc10s and hits a 7 on the river for a fcuking straight. Sickening end considering that if i win that "race" i'd be really confident of getting a ticket. You win some, you lose some....

Congrats to the Chief and Mick the Lip who also got tickets...whats the world coming to :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

got knocked out of this by ollyk1.
    Limp called his 1600 with AdTd UTG, flop is T xd xd. Bet out about half the pot, he calls. Blank turn, i bet about 4k and he shoves, nearly 2 thirds of my stack in the pot at this point so i call, and he shows KK which holds.

Played alright most of the night but made a couple really stupid calls in different spots. Managed to lay down QQ preflop at one point as well against AA. Didn't suffer any bad beats in there for a change (5 out of my previous 6 tourney exits were horrible ones) which was nice.

Thought the structure was really good, and had i outdrawn olly, i woulda been in a pretty good spot.

which table were you at GoldCupFav? with 2 tables left were you sitting to the chiefs left? well done on the ticket- did the chief get one?

edit to say: i really enjoyed playing in the emporium last night, love the chips and the banter with the lads. ill be back. also the structure of the game last night was excellent really felt under very little pressure all night.

got knocked out of this by ollyk1.
    Limp called his 1600 with AdTd UTG, flop is T xd xd. Bet out about half the pot,

Tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Flushdraw wrote:
    Tut tut

LOL :p Now Tony i could have been bluffing! ;)

ollyk1 wrote:
    LOL :p Now Tony i could have been bluffing! ;)

Olly, if you raise with AJ you think you're bluffing so your bluffs are even ahead here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Made for a great structure with the extra 5k rebuy. I busted out in about 30th along with Ollyk. About the 200/400 level I lost a large pot with a badly played AA to put me on 6k (avg 15k). I had been average stack up until that point and I felt the ticket slipping away! I decided to gamble it up a bit.

I started raising a lot and built up to 10k. I kept on getting good hands on Mick the Lips BB. Each time he had a small fit, but eventually folded. He was getting ready to push and I knew I had to stop.... but oh no, K9o and I make it 2500on his BB. WTF have I just done!:eek: 1/4my stack with K9 - idiot, anyway even the SB (Noel somebody - not BCB) had enough and flat called. Mick instantly annouces ALLIN as predicted. I had 7k left and I genuinely felt my K9 might be good here, if not at worst 30-60, but mostly 40-60. Anyway, after 2 mnutes I figured Noel wasn't entirely interested and it was safe for me to gamble so I threw my chips in like the fish I am. Noel folded and Mick proudly announced Ace rag! I hit a 9 and had 25k to work with. I was annoyed with myself for getting into that position with K9, but I felt I had to call against Micks range even though I was taking the worst of it. A few hands later I lose 14k with AK vs 88 for a large pot, next hand I lose TT vs AK for a decent pot and next hand I'm all in for 75 chips on the BB.. Mick from c/o announced protection and raised to 2500, Olly with an average stack shoves from SB and Mick insta calls with KQ. I look down at A3 and Olly flips over ATs. Qxx flop sent myself and Olly on our way

Congrats to all who got tickets! The Chief is back to his old ways, won it on Mon night too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Flushdraw wrote:
    Tut tut

It was a poor play. I regretted it pretty much instantly. I wouldn't have raised UTG with it at the table i was at, as everyone seem pretty happy to throw their chips around. I probably should have folded to olly's raise to be honest. The flop got me in a lot of trouble, as i just didn't have him on as strong a holding as he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Christ teh Chief and Mick the Lip. All luck that poker.

• Advertisement

ocallagh wrote:
    (Noel somebody - not BCB)

lol - he is actually a Corporate Banker with BOSI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

ianmc38 wrote:
    Christ teh Chief and Mick the Lip. All luck that poker.

Have to say I played against Mick last week and he actually played really well :eek:

Have to say I played against Mick last week and he actually played really well :eek:

Mods?

Surely a week long ban is appropriate?

I never got going either. KK busted early, double up with QQ, laid down J8 on a J94JT (3 spades) board, and eventually went out arond 32nd with AK vs AA. My 'creative' (read donkey) play with 89 was looking good on a 9 high flop until I saw I was against AA.

Ah well. I was never really in it from the break onwards but I enjoyed it all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Were you drinking before hand?

he played pretty well at my table too from what i saw, apart from the obvious post above.
    Seen an amazing hand. I and 4 others at the tbale have c 10-15K blinds 800-1600 (75), theres a raise from Mick the Lip and a call from SB. flop in Tc8c3s. Guy bets out, mick the lip goes ALL IN for like 65K!, the guy then who is the other CL, CALLS! for ALL his chips 50K, he shows 66 and mick the lip has AT and holds up for a monster pot! i said id probably have folded TT in that spot both of them so comfortable in chips it was unreal.
    so does anyone know the 5 who won tickets?

HalfBaked wrote:

Does a cat drink milk?

so does anyone know the 5 who won tickets?

As i said earlier, the Chief and Mick won tickets. As did goldcupfav and Stephen i think his name is (sound Dublin/Asian chap). Not sure who took the 5th ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

HalfBaked wrote:

lol yes a bit but still he played quite well, it was a tourney so his madness probably can have better effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Flushdraw wrote:
    As i said earlier, the Chief and Mick won tickets. As did goldcupfav and Stephen i think his name is (sound Dublin/Asian chap). Not sure who took the 5th ticket

Is he the Chinese lad with a Dublin accent?

Advertisement