Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Mr E wrote: »
    Accessing other eshops on the Switch:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/guide_how_to_access_the_nintendo_switch_eshop_for_multiple_regions

It's important to point out that if you change your existing account to be a new region, then you lose any credit that you had on your original account (allegedly).

Adding a new account (as per the link above) is safer.

And you can switch back to your original account once you've installed on the switch and play it no problem ?

On the switch it asks you which profile you want to log into the eshop with, just select the American one (or Japanese) and it brings you to that store. Add your voucher code and download what you want. When starting up the game it asks you which profile to use, you can select anyone you like, so yeah you can use your pal profile. Any credit stays on each individual eshop but games can be played on any account.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

On the switch it asks you which profile you want to log into the eshop with, just select the American one (or Japanese) and it brings you to that store. Add your voucher code and download what you want. When starting up the game it asks you which profile to use, you can select anyone you like, so yeah you can use your pal profile. Any credit stays on each individual eshop but games can be played on any account.

So its completely pointless of them to not release it in the european eshop :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

DLC is apparently tied to the account that purchased it where the game can be played by any account on the switch. Given it's region free, it's pointless to have separate eShops entirely...Just have an english language one, a Japanese one etc and base them all in international waters so they're not subject to any local laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

VinLieger wrote: »
    So its completely pointless of them to not release it in the european eshop :confused::confused::confused:

Localisation I guess. Translations required for French, German, Spanish etc.

• Advertisement

I've my US account ready to go. In the eshop, it feels like I'm looking around someone else's house. :)

No sign of Isaac there yet.

I've my US account ready to go. In the eshop, it feels like I'm looking around someone else's house. :)

Lol
    Just try and act casual :P

Localisation I guess. Translations required for French, German, Spanish etc.

The previous versions of the game are already translated and it really doesnt have that much text that it should take too long to do it.

Really sounds to me as if its linked to Nintendos appeasement of brick and mortar so they wont release on eshop till physical is ready

Fair point actually.

So did you buy it ?
    If so, any feedback on it yet ???

• Advertisement

Not in the eshop yet. I've been checking at the top of every hour. :)

Won't be able to check again until later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not in the eshop yet. I've been checking at the top of every hour. :)

Won't be able to check again until later tonight.

"What time does Nintendo update Eshop?
    In the U.S., the eShops (3DS and Wii U) update at or around 9 A.M. Pacific Time on Thursdays."

That'd be 4pm here.

Thanks Starlord. I'll give it a go tonight so.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Binding of Isaac has gone live on American eShop!

Yup, have it downloaded here now! Let's see how it plays with the joycons...

Star Lord wrote: »
    Yup, have it downloaded here now! Let's see how it plays with the joycons...
    Dying to know. Any feedback?

Pretty good actually. I'm no master, but it played alright for me. I'd previously played it on pc though, so had 4 separate buttons for directions then too!

Pretty good actually. I'm no master, but it played alright for me. I'd previously played it on pc though, so had 4 separate buttons for directions then too!
    I'm very tempted.... Must resist.... Haven't time to play what I've already got.

Did you use the two US$20 eShop cards from Play Asia?

Did you use the two US$20 eShop cards from Play Asia?

No, I got a $50 one, which was less than 50, as opposed to two twenty ones that were just over 20.

• Advertisement

No, I got a $50 one, which was less than 50, as opposed to two twenty ones that were just over 20.
    So when you get the eShop code how did you use it ?
    Did you put in on your Wii U or 3DS and then merge balances ?

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So when you get the eShop code how did you use it ?
    Did you put in on your Wii U or 3DS and then merge balances ?

Just redeem it on the eshop itself

Just redeem it on the eshop itself
    So on the switch eShop it works then - The code is not just for the 3DS or Wii U ? (Just double checking !)

Correct, the codes are region locked up to the currency they were bought in but not by device.

Make sure you have a US account (easily done, just read back a page or so in this thread).

All the $50s and $20s were gone from play-asia yesterday so I had to get a $10 and a $35 for Isaac.

Oh one other thing - you'll be asked for a zipcode when you buy the game on the Switch (to calculate Sales Tax). For 0% tax, use 33166 which is in Florida.

If it doesn't pop on our eshop today ill deffinitely be getting it from US

VinLieger wrote: »
    If it doesn't pop on our eshop today ill deffinitely be getting it from US
    Same here.
    I'm pretty sure that the Tomorrow Corporation games will appear today, but not so confident about Isaac....

It's such a great game for a quick playthrough.

I noticed this morning that the daily challenge is linked to your friends list (to show who did the best on the day).

If a few of you get Isaac, it could get pretty competitive. :)

• Advertisement

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Same here.
    I'm pretty sure that the Tomorrow Corporation games will appear today, but not so confident about Isaac....

The devs twitter accounts have been far too silent since the US release and announcement of the EU physical version, im still hopeful but won't be surprised if its not there today

Advertisement