Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epoxy Resin Suppliers

Options
  • 13-02-2007 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Does anyone know a Leinster based dealer that supplies epoxy resin kits.

I'm building a plywood dinghy and am using more epoxy than I thought I would need.

I've been buying 1kg SP kits from GRS supplies (well recommended) in Cork but the courier costs add up and it'd be handy to just drive somewhere local and pick it up when I need it.

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Try these:
    Waller and Wickham
    Baldoyle Industrial Estate
    Dublin 13

I've never used them, but this guy did.

I had plans to make myself a tender over the winter, but still not started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ChrisJefferies

Thanks,

I'll have a look and a read of that site, looks good.

You might be interested in this site.

http://www.unclejohns.com/skiff/Default.htm

I bought the plans and have just about finished building the 11.5ft version. I think the smaller one might make a good tender. It's a simple enough construction but it's still taken a year to build.

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Crimbo

http://www.mid.ie/

Thems the lads ya need to talk to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

You could also give Scott Bader in Dunboyne a ring.

Also, why are you using epoxy and not polyester resin? For bonding? Polyester is a lot more economical for general laminating work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

starman100 wrote:
    You could also give Scott Bader in Dunboyne a ring.

Also, why are you using epoxy and not polyester resin? For bonding? Polyester is a lot more economical for general laminating work.
    He is building a plywood dinghy - to do it properly he must use epoxy. People use polyester for Mirror dinghies and some fall apart in 10 years.
    I used epoxy in 1980 when fitting out a cruiser from a bare hull and it is still sound.
    Jim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ChrisJefferies

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I did wonder whether I could get away with Polyester. As you say it's alot cheaper and I'm just bonding edges. But from what I've read I decided to carry on as I am and maybe try polyester on the next one.

As also said 10 years later and the epoxy is still going strong so I hope my hard work and late nights is still going 10 years later.

Thanks.

Chris

Advertisement