Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asked to leave zara!!!

Options
  • 07-02-2007 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

ok, very strange thing happened to me just there, and was wondering if anyone here works in a zara clothes shop or has any idea what has just happened!

i went in to zara. wearing an abercrombie hoodie and jeans. im 20, student, just spent 200 euro there 2 days ago on a suit, and then went in today to buy a shirt for 40.

asked a guy about sizes, and thanked him. went in to try on try on the shirt, and came out with it going to buy it, and went to look for a tie. then this guy who worked there wearing a suit tapped me on the shoulder and said something. i couldnt understand what he said, as i didnt understand his accent, but i thought he mistook me for someone else and was saying hello, so i said hey to him.

then like a minute later he came back and said, "hey man.... go", like he had told me already. i asked him why, and he said "just go". he said i did nothing wrong, and not to worry about it.

i told him im going up to buy this shirt, and so i did. then afterwards he came up, and i asked him why again. i asked him was i on some reality show, and he laughed and said no. he was being friendly with me, and said not to worry about it, that i just had to go.....

he said if we see each other outside the shop, we can talk about it.....

does anyone have any idea what this was about or if this is even legal????!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hahaha, were you playing sports and sweating heavily shortly before it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 the_future

technically, i was in the gym a while before hand, but i dont see how that would have made a difference....

im in there a good bit, and im sure most of the guys there know me to see, but today was the first time i saw this guy.... i was with my friend at the time and hes baffled too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ya sure he worked there and wasnt ripping the peepee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What time was it at?

kdjac

was at around half four i think. im pretty sure he worked there, as he was dressed in a suit, and rushing around and what not, and thought he worked there, before he said anything....

the only reason i can think of, is because i was wearing a hoodie.... but it was an abercrombie hoodie!!

i had spoken to another guy before him asking about sizes, and he helped me fine, and i thanked him. same last monday when i bought the suit. its really bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I've yet to figure out why you left. You should have insisted that you would leave in your own good time unless given a proper, fully explained reason.

i dont know why i left. i stayed and repeatadely asked him for a reason, but didnt get one. its ridiculous.

my friend is a solicitor tyoe person, im going to go in with him this or next week, to see if it happens again, if hes there, and if not to ask another member of staff.

surely this cant be legal. i spent 240 euro with them in the last 2 days to get this sort of treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

the_future wrote:
    im pretty sure he worked there, as he was dressed in a suit, and rushing around and what not,
    did he have kinda bleached blondy hair? british accent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Cake Fiend wrote:
    I've yet to figure out why you left. You should have insisted that you would leave in your own good time unless given a proper, fully explained reason.
    I agree. Personally (though I've never, ever been removed from a store before) I would ask to speak to a manager, then go mad at the manager for the embarrassment caused in the whole thing.

If you kick up a fuss if they leave a tag on clothes which sets off the alarms, claim you were humiliated etc. most stores will offer a discount or some other form of compensation (something I found out from working in a store), I can only imagine how obliging they'd be if you went mad over something like this.

OP: Find out where you stand legally over it and go in and talk to the manager, if anything I'd be out to get this guy removed from his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Well obviously they thought you were trying to steal something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Thats strange!! Maybe he thought he was the fasion police or something, i mean abercrombie? Jaysus :D
    Tell you what ill meet you in there some time.. you in your abercrombie hoodie and me in my Gap hoodie! We will see who gets kicked out then :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Who knows? Maybe the guy was just a weirdo. Maybe he thought you were stealing or that you'd been in before stealing. Maybe he thought you worked there and was telling you to go home. Shop managers tend to be morons, it's a requirement of their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I can't believe you bought the shirt after that OP! I'd definitely go back tomorrow (bring your receipt) and find out what the problem was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Maybe he fancied you, and couldnt bare bein around you so asked you to leave

He said you did nothin wrong, and implied he'd see you outside work

haha, ye never know!

Anyways... I dont think I've ever seen any Zara staff in suits. Whats Zara was it?
    They could be from the new series of Naked Camera, although I fail to see the funny side

You shudda rolled around the floor screamin like a baby

Maybe the AF hoody made you come across as D4 :p

Theres a few explanations to play around with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Maybe it was mistaken identity OP? A previous customer who looked like you may have been in grief there? I agree that you should have asked for the manager.

im going back today to ask for the manager i think. bring my friend with me whos like a solicitor, so should be funny.

if he thought i was a thief then why did he seem interested in seeing me outside the shop.... why would he want to talk to a thief??

the thought of it being some chat up line is actually one of my biggest theories. after i bought the shirt, he was talking to me like i had just bought something huge, and his tone was that of a "have a good day now sir" type.

he thanked me for my custom while still telling me to go. i just cant understand it!! i asked him was i on a reality tv show, because i couldnt think of any other explaination!!

this was a new guy i think. i had never seen him there before, he was dark skinned, and i was having difficulty understanding his accent. in the suit section there, they all seem to wear suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Just don't shop there again. They don't want your money, spend it with someone else who does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

luckat wrote:
    Just don't shop there again. They don't want your money, spend it with someone else who does.
    I disagree

If you like the clothes you should be able to shop when and where you please

And the money doesnt go near that guy, hes at the bottom of a long chain of workers. Go back on Valentines day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Its sounds like you have a good case of Defamation of character he threw you out of the store for no good reason which is enough to lower you in the estimation of right-thinking members of soceity ie. Defamation!

Nice bit of compo maybe!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Surely they have the right of admission reserved, so they should be grand legally

but then there was that member of the travelling community that won a civil case against a pub about this a couple of years ago

my answer is i dont know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Garret wrote:
    Surely they have the right of admission reserved, so they should be grand legally

yeh but only if given valid reason.

ie. in a pub someone gets thrown out for being too drunk, the drunk asks why? publican responds with you were too drunk/causing a mess.

the orignal poster was just shopping like normal like anyone would do in a shop if that's a valid reason in the employee's eyes then give me my pope hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

did he have kinda bleached blondy hair? british accent?

Why do you ask? Is there some kid of scam artist of that description who goes around throwing people out of shops? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

the_future wrote:
    im going back today to ask for the manager i think. bring my friend with me whos like a solicitor, so should be funny.
    Does that mean he is similar to a solicitor, or is it supposed to read "he's loike, a solicitor loike, so should be funny loike."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

what a freak - can believe you bought the shirt!! also cant believe you left. Id have asked for the manager and demanded they explain why he was being so ignorant!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

what a freak - can believe you bought the shirt!! also cant believe you left. Id have asked for the manager and demanded they explain why he was being so ignorant!

Why is everyone so surprised he left? He bought the shirt & left, that's what he went in for! I certainly wouldn;t be camping out if someone madea show of me either & they weren't talking sense!

i bought the shirt because i wanted the shirt.

i didnt go running out of the shop when he said. i took plenty of time, and asked him, plenty of times for his reasons, but in retrospect, i should have asked for the manager.

this was in the zara on henry street or mary street down beside the spyre if anyone is wondering.

on the other hand, i went to zara in dundrum yesterday, and they were more than helpful to me. huge contrast which just showed how wrong what happened in mary street was!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

the_future wrote:
    i went in to zara. wearing an abercrombie hoodie
    There's your problem ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

dceire wrote:
    Its sounds like you have a good case of Defamation of character he threw you out of the store for no good reason which is enough to lower you in the estimation of right-thinking members of soceity ie. Defamation!

Nice bit of compo maybe!!!

Learn what defamation of character is before giving someone advice like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

simu wrote:
    Why do you ask? Is there some kid of scam artist of that description who goes around throwing people out of shops? :)

It's a trick, get an axe! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

the_future wrote:
    the only reason i can think of, is because i was wearing a hoodie.... but it was an abercrombie hoodie!!

That's one of the funniest things I've read today.

An abercrombie hoodie? Because that shows that you're obviously a high-class individual who would never steal. Nobody who wears Abercrombie could do anything wrong.

It's a brand name. And a pretty bland one at that. It doesn't mean **** all. Just because they overcharge for the hoodies doesn't mean you're somehow a special case or anything.

Advertisement