Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X16 - "Chicago" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 05-02-2007 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "CHICAGO" -

Episode Title: "Chicago"
    Airdate: February 5th 2007

TV.com Summary:
    C-Note gets into a tricky situation when a robber holds up the train he is on and won't release the passengers until the police arrive and give him the correct amount of money.

Next Episode: 2X17 - "
    Bad Blood
    " - February 19th 2007

What did you think of "Chicago"? 29 votes

0%
    10%
    Dampsquid-Axwell-duckmusic 3 votes
    27%
    Mossy MonkMr EBeruthielVillainUser45701doryAgamemnonphelana 8 votes
    34%
    YakuzaweemcdBasqkdouglastvnutzwba88pokerwidowgustavoabcxyz123Gran Hermano 10 votes
    10%
    WashoutTheHulkweeder 3 votes
    10%
    Our man in HavanamatrimChimpanzee-that 3 votes
    3%
    Scraggs 1 vote
    0%
    3%
    The Insider 1 vote
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I thought it was a weak ep. Only redeeming aspect was haywire getting killed and the whole Brad Bellick FBI bit. 6/10 The next ep looks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

god damn you bond-007... just opened this thread up to find the airing date and glanced at your comment, thanks for ruining the episode. Ever heard of spoiler tags? Why do you think basquille has the episode summary tagged :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

This post is titled with **Spoilers within**

So why should he spoiler tag.
    anyways gave it a 7. It was good enough.
    loved the way They were faking the presidents voice.
    also loved Bellick talking to himself speech in his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes the whole reason basq writes spoilers within is to allow us to discuss the episode without having to read what happens.

i'd disagree with bond with him saying it was a weak episode. every episode since that winter break was just so intense that it had to let up at some point. this episode was very good i think, i especially liked the part where mike and the gang get the dudes to jump off the train. you could notice it wasn't them when they jumped off but i was thinking "meh it's only stunt doubles".

C-note scenes this week were excellent, he handled the situation very well and wasn't bored as i am normally with his scenes.

it was sad to see patoshik go, he was a brilliant addition to the cast and built up a cult following on when we were going to see him next, unfortualately he wasn't around for too long.

last but no means least Teddy bear, such a great character.

ohh yeh and the return of mahone's pills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

Cremo wrote:
    last but no means least Teddy bear, such a great character.

I am actually getting a bit sick of that whole charade of T-Bag and that family, the sooner they finish it up the better. You just know it's going to end with her popping him to "protect her kids". Or maybe he might escape and cause more mayhem somewhere else. But there doesn't seem to be much more the writers can do with him now. Having him kill people all the time doesn't have the shock value anymore.
    The scene between Mahone and Haywire on top of that grain bin was very well done I thought. Again, Mahone proving what a scumbag he is, talking him into jumping off like that.
    Bellick looked pretty upset, not like him at all. Sarah trying to strangle Kellerman, brilliant stuff!
    I didn't see the double-cross with the train-jump coming at all, nice twist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Cremo wrote:

ohh yeh and the return of mahone's pills :D

just what i was thinking :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I quite enjoyed this episode actually..

Wished we saw more of a reaction from Sara at the start to see Kellerman - kinda wanted her to freak out and start strangling him. But it did take it's toll on her later in the episode.

I, for one, thought the Haywire death was very well done, and quite sad. The fear of going back to prison with the realisation of what he done - and the slow-mo of him falling to his death with the picture of Holland just in out of his grasp on the hrund. Even Bellick looked upset. Very sad. Farewell Charles Patoshik! :(

C-Note stuff was as mentioned handled quite well... although was as a whole, quite uneventful!

Funniest bit of the episode was T-Bag doing a hand-signal out the window with his fake arm when turning the corner in the car! :D

The episode actually flew by i thought!

8 / 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I actually enjoyed this episode quite allot gave it a 9, kept the plot running well love how kellerman copped it was Kim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Chimpanzee-that

Was by no means the best episode but was able to tie up the loose ends between Michael and Sara as well as have the "close call drama" with the other lads jumpin off the train and managing to bring Franklin into it more.

T-Bag storyline a bit dull this week, For such a great character they should use him more... but at least he's still alive.. I already miss Haywire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Loved Teabags line, "I'm just gonna unlock the kids for breakfast"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

quite liked it. T-Bag is a sick puppy. Bellick working for Mahone, i like it. i actually felt sorry for haywire. i think it is fair to say what side Kellerman is on now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I was a bit disappointed with this one, twas a weak episode imo but as another poster mentioned all the others were so intense it had to let up at some stage.

I thought the Scoffield and Sara kiss/lovescene was a bit lame although for a second I did think there was gonna be a steamy lovescene on the train.

I really enjoyed the T-Bag storyline he's some character :) and I feel really sorry for poor auld Haywire. Can't wait to see how the T-bag storyline develops! The 'not having a father figure and ending up in prison' and 'I'm just gonna unlock the kids for breakfast' lines were v. good.

The look on Kim's face was priceless when Kellerman found out it wasn't the Pres. I'm looking forward to seeing how loyal Kellerman will be to Michael and Linc.

Its a pity we've to wait so long for ep17.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I liked this one alot - the fake Caroline, the strangulation, the pills, the new FBI agent (Brad Bellick... FBI. Bradley Bellick - I'm with the bureau.. etc. :)) and the suicide.....

Great episode, and much better than last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

"Run Larry!"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I thought it was a great episode!
    Sara and Michael, all I can say is FINALLY!!

The presidents voice bit was great, and the train. I thought they were going to turn out to be 4 random people running through the woods. I was thinking it was the most unbelievable thing yet, but great that the others made them do it!

One thing annoyed me, there should have been more of a police presence when they did arrive. They can't have jumped that close to Chicago. News should have spread that the four were still on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Very good episode. Sad to see Haywire go. I thought Mahone would feel sorry for him and let him go. Can't believe he let him jump off like that. At least Haywire got a good death. Certainly one of the more emotional deaths of the series. He just wanted to go to Holand.
    The C-Note story was good too. I can see a spin off there. C-Note and his daughter travel across the US solving crimes and helping people while on the run :)
    T-Bag was okay. Can't see how he thought it was going to work out though. He's a smart guy, what is he playing at?
    Good to see Belleck out again with his new found authority :) I can see him having doubts about Mahone and possibly helping one of the convicts escape.
    Great twist with the fake voice thing. I thought it was revealed very well. Kellerman must well and truly be on Link and Michaels side now.

Only negative from the episode is Sarah and Michaels "love". Where did that come from. Okay, she had the hots for him in prison and he feels guilty for what he put her through but WHAM they're in love! Seemed very forced to me.

How many episodes are left in the season? Is it 5 or 7? Is this the last season? Everything is getting wrapped up. There's not much left to do with Sucre and C-Note. T-bag can't stay on the run with the family for much longer (let alone another season). And the Michael/Linc storyline seems to be coming to a head now.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭TheHulk

Thought this episode was only ok. Getting a little bored of the whole T-Bag thing thing now. Hopefully it doesn't drag on too long. Thought it was quite funny when the "happy family" were driving down the road with the radio turned up. Can't remember what song was on though, can anyone refresh my memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

"C-Note gets into a tricky situation when a robber holds up the train he is on and won't release the passengers until the police arrive and give him the correct amount of money."

Eh...what? tv.com is such a useless place for information!

Great episode as well I thought :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

basquille wrote:
    Funniest bit of the episode was T-Bag doing a hand-signal out the window with his fake arm when turning the corner in the car! :D

And the background music could not have been more perfect :D
    Donno what you're all whinging about, I loved this episode, gave the first 9/10 in ages.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Ya I loved it too. Think I'm going to watch it again. But not the end because that's too sad.

Some little things are annoying me though. Like Kellerman hasn't been anywhere he could charge his phone in a while yet it's still working fine.

And Sara had her mobile on her when she called the hospital from it. So why didn't Michael at least try to ring that instead of the elaborate message??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

dory wrote:
    Ya I loved it too. Think I'm going to watch it again. But not the end because that's too sad.

Some little things are annoying me though. Like Kellerman hasn't been anywhere he could charge his phone in a while yet it's still working fine.

And Sara had her mobile on her when she called the hospital from it. So why didn't Michael at least try to ring that instead of the elaborate message??

It could be a different mobile because I think she dumped the one Michael called her on in the rubbish bin when she escaped from Kellerman.
    Also I think maybe Michael didn't ring her mobile because the feds can trace calls from mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

basquille wrote:
    C-Note gets into a tricky situation when a robber holds up the train he is on and won't release the passengers until the police arrive and give him the correct amount of money.

That is not what happened. :confused:

duckmusic wrote:
    That is not what happened. :confused:
    Yes, we established a long time ago that TV.com sometimes dream the synopsis's they publish.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭opo

Just saw it now.

Haywires demise was brilliantly done.

Genuinely didn't see it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I gave it a 9. Great episode, things are building towards the end-of-season finale now.

The scenes with "Teddy Bear" and his family were funny too but I can't see where the writers can go with this.

Sad to see Haywire go but it was to be expected. There didn't seem to be a whole lot left to do with the character.

Still laughing at Bellick of the Bureau and his "15 years on the force and 3 Presidential citations". He should get his own spin-off series when Prison Break finishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Great episode. Great season (the last?)

When is s02e17 on?

Prison Break is making 24 its beeyatch this year :D

When is s02e17 on?

Prison Break is making 24 its beeyatch this year :D
    2 episodes of '24' tonight so no more PB til next Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

What was the "Made in Lyon, France" bit at the end when they showed Haywire on the ground?
    Or was that just on the version I saw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

just had a look and in the version i have nothing like that appeared on the screen when they showed Haywire on the ground

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

The version I saw showed haywire dead on the ground. It then panned back slightly to show the picture of the windmills face up still in his hand and then appeared in white writing (on screen not on the painting) made in lyon france then stopped.
    It didn't have french sub titles or any thing like that.
    Thought it ment the painting was actually france rather than holland.

Maybe i was seeing things. I'll check again later tonight.

Advertisement