Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should I sell this kayak for?

Options
  • 30-01-2007 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Didn't put this in For Sale as I'm not actually selling it yet. My brother went to Australia 2 years ago and ever since his Necky Chronic has been in storage. Sick of it being wasted, he's asked me to sell it. There is no spraydeck with it, it was only used a few times from what I remember, is in great condition with only a few scratches on the underside of the kayak. I took a few pictures earlier so you can see for yourself, basically I'm not sure what price I should sell this for, and from the pictures of it I'm hoping someone can (without ripping me off) give me a figure I should advertise it at I will obviously give the kayak a good clean before selling it (you can see sand in some of the pics)

Thanks a million.

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭vesp

"with only a few scratches on the underside of the kayak" ??? With all due respect, if I read an add that said " with only a few scratches on the underside of the kayak", and I then spent time and money on going to see the kayak, I would be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Well in all fairness, that's all it is. Almost any kayak that has been used at all will have that kind of scratching.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

A brand new kyack will have scratches like that after 1 or 2 decent sessions, nothing to worry about

As regards price... how about €10, to me :D

Not too sure how much to sell for, a spray deck and paddle will set you back a few quid, kinda drops the price of the kyack considerably

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have a look at irishfreestyle.coms buy and sell section.

I am currently in the market for a kayak but not too familiar with this particular type so will get back to you about it.

Is there a paddle for sale too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭vesp

Simona1986 wrote:
    Well in all fairness, that's all it is. Almost any kayak that has been used at all will have that kind of scratching.
    " a few" means 2 or at most 3.. There are a lot more scratches there than " a few", and some appear to be deep, as if the canoe has been dragged across sharp rocks etc. Anyway, good luck selling it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

I don't think dragging it across rocks would cause to the canoe in any case. If you get an idea of price OP I might know some people who are interested.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

funkstard for a good price I am interested

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Moonbeam wrote:
    funkstard for a good price I am interested

Aren't we all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭lockon...

hmmm 150e

Advertisement