Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommie Gorman - Grrrrr

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Koloman wrote: »
    I don't believe that's the case but if it is true then it makes a change from RTE's usual pro Republican sympathies.

It is very true Tommy is very pro-Unionist, like many of his RTÉ counterparts, suppose it is balance when people, on the one hand, perceive RTÉ to be pro-unionist and on the other hand pro-nationalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Tommie Gorman and Charlie Bird take themselves far too seriously, especially when a chance to throw in an "I" appears. Bird was way out of his depth in the USA. Mullooly just looks and sounds clunky and unpolished.Some of the women reporters aren't much better. Teresa Mannion always looks deeply bored and that Northern one who does the news on TG4 has a whining voice akin to a dentist's drill, especially when mangling the Gaeilge.In fairness to her, she's fit.
    I heard Ingrid Miley nicknamed the "Angel of Death" in Dublin Airport, as someone always gets laid off when she appears.
    regards
    Stovepipe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Northern one who does the news on TG4 has a whining voice akin to a dentist's drill, especially when mangling the Gaeilge.

She seems to have tone down that high pitch.

tg4_nuacht_311210d.jpg

Advertisement