Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4th February 19.30 -v- Templeroan. Availability (...and can we have a 'keeper please)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

We deserved to win that game. In my opinion we were the better team, had more of the ball and won more of the tackles. We need to improve on our first touch, too many times the ball is bouncing off lads instead of taking it into you. That'll improve though with the midweek sessions. I thought the new system worked great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Hey Barlow07 - at the moment all our games are played on Sunday evenings in St.Colmcilles just down the road from the Firhouse exit off the M50. We've about 5 more games left in this league and plans for the Spring season are not finalised, so there'd be no harm coming down to have a look if you're interested. We hope to make the Wednesday 9pm game in DCU a regular training session, but it's 5-a-side so squad members have priority.

Have you played much?

I have played for a couple of teams but thats going back a 2years now at least. I was playing astro twice a week before christmas, but i haven't gone back since just being busy and that.

I'm definitely interested in meeting up one of the nights just to check it out for myself. I doubt your short of numbers at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

That was a much improved performance lads, fair play all round, especially to Des for restructuring the formation – we were far more solid because of it.

I enjoyed that game a lot more and I reckon a draw was a fair result. As one of their players said after the mess that was their first goal, ‘we don’t deserve that lads’. Sav’s right – you can put the 2nd down to us chasing the game. We had them seriously under pressure for the last 10, which is a good sign that we were still fighting at that stage which we haven’t been in recent games. I felt we played like a proper football team, everyone knew their role and got about it well. In midfield we let them play with it around halfway but regularly put a stop to them when they came forward – I felt like we were in control in there. Compare that to getting overrun by a 3-man midfield last week and it’s a big improvement.

As Keith pointed out, we won far more headers, and far more second balls than usual, we had lads in the right places to do it and we were just more up for it too. We’ve given ourselves a much more solid foundation by winning more possession and making their time on the ball a lot more pressured. Eliminate the goals we’ve been gifting too regularly, and more focus in attack, and we’ll be ending this season on an upward curve.

Calling was a big improvement, particularly amongst the defence, with Michael making several calls giving me info that I benefited from. Keep that up lads and we’ll see the pay-off. Still plenty of scope for improvement on calling amongst the attack – we really need lads roaring for the ball – ‘give it to my feet’, ‘send it over the top’, whatever, we just need the lads up there to be more assertive – it makes up the mind of the passer for him a lot quicker and focuses your mind on what you’re gonna make happen. I appreciate the greasy surface makes it difficult, but Shay is right about the first touches – both being fed back to goal and quality balls over the top, the attack had plenty of service, and we should be getting more shots in off that supply. As I said, we need lads to be up on their toes – you get to the ball a lot easier that way than from a flat footed start. We need to start anticipating what’s gonna happen rather than reacting when it does happen, but all in all that’s a seriously harsh scoreline and I’m confident we can push on from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Anyone know what happened to Lepo??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Was he meant to be there? I don't see a post on this thread by him

• Advertisement
Advertisement